It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can fate conspire against you?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Sounds unlikely, impractical, impossible. But we exist—those who are constantly denied, rejected, and squashed. We are artists, intellectuals, and romantics. And in a quest to fulfill this impending biological, spiritual-emotional need, we create. Yes, we create environments, forge friendships, mend family ties, mold educations, and nurture ambitions. We create such a foundation that we reach a point, wavering before a precipice, where we have the opportunity to create a life for ourselves; to jump in the stream of destiny.

And in an effort to chisel out a crude shape of identity from the rock face, we become chefs, chemists, and clockmakers. But we also become brewers, brain surgeons, and bookkeepers. And with patience and hard work, my grandfather used to say, you can achieve. So I took the plunge. I jumped headlong; as if landing safely was a birthright, a grace.

And for a while I felt the cool wind in my face. It rushed through my clothes and made me feel spry. This art that we do gives us rejuvenation. It grips tight and pulls at us; we gravitate towards perfection. We ignore the need to eat and to sleep because the work we do in life feeds our very soul and puts our anxieties to rest. And the nanosecond before I hit the surface, I was reminded of all the wrong choices I might have made.

I didn’t get a good running start. My shoes slid on some pebbles. I lost balance. I didn’t notice how shallow the river really was. I doubted and panicked. I lost faith. And I found myself just wanting to survive the drop instead of making a big splash.

Can you make every right choice and still fail? Can you lose every single hand you’re dealt? Can you become a victim of circumstance?

What do you do when your spirit is broken, dashed in pieces, sprawled out amongst the pointed stones?—while everyone else floats downstream, guided carefully, unmolested by fate.

edit on 17-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

What do you do when your spirit is broken, dashed in pieces, sprawled out amongst the pointed stones?—

Turn to God?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

They say the sea refuses no river, but I'm not so sure I believe that anymore. God has still left me battered and broken and alone, so it seems.

And why do I still try to find God? Not everyone finds success in that endeavor either. Many are jilted by God, like a fickle high school romance.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

God has still left me battered and broken and alone, so it seems.

that seems to happen until one is utterly broken... then the light breaks through...

And why do I still try to find God?

you don't...

He certainly doesn't need to find you...

Not everyone finds success in that endeavor either. Many are jilted by God, like a fickle high school romance.

True... but there are reasons for not finding God...

which vary according to said individual...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm really glad you found it within yourself to provide the most glib answers you could to belittle my fragile emotional state!

Like a pro

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Do you need a hug, my friend?

I don't know how to post those little characters like I see on the posts sometimes, so just imagine me giving you a great big hug!

That was an extremely well-written post, even if it is sad.

Hang in there. Maybe you are being tested.

The true test of success is not climbing to the top, but how many times we get up after we fall.

edit on 4/17/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
Can you make every right choice and still fail? Can you lose every single hand you’re dealt? Can you become a victim of circumstance?

That depends on your definition of failure. If you believe that your purpose here in this life is to experience and learn to overcome then I would say as long as you keep moving forward and don't become overwhelmed by defeat then you are winning the game of life.

What do you do when your spirit is broken, dashed in pieces, sprawled out amongst the pointed stones?—while everyone else floats downstream, guided carefully, unmolested by fate.

You suck it up and keep on going. Fate leaves no man/woman unmolested. We all have our trials and tribulations. It is how we handle these trials that makes us who we are. When we have faced many obstacles that we learn to truly appreciate what is good and learn compassion for others who face adversity.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Firstly I'd like to present as evidence: I was just having similar thoughts moments before seeing your post so synchronicity at its finest. Perhaps this "fate" was designed to help me, or perhaps you and of course there's always the possibility it helps no one. That however is the most unlikely because even bad experiences and lessons help you in your course.

Yes fate conspires against you. Only because you are looking at it from a very narrow context, "your" eyes, "your" thoughts etc in a very linear way. Ever occur to you that it is YOU conspiring against fate? Therefore, wouldn't it stand to reason that if fate (which itself is just a term we use from the context of linear) being this grand design or per-woven tapestry, is mightier than thou so if you try to go against it that's when you feel the conspiracy.

Just because in our linear view we have yet to make a choice doesn't change the reactions outcome once that decision has been made. For example my post will already have a prearranged impact to myself and those who read it. For me spending the conscious time to express myself to you and others so early in the morning before I start my day will ultimately have an emotional impact whether I recognize it or not. Furthermore, additional responses from others can add to this emotional response. The thoughts triggered by you whether good or bad will have an impact on you. This in turn will influence a decision you make whether good or small and that decision will vertebrate on into other decisions. So something I write today may influence something you do many years from now and you may or may not even see it. Fate you say?

All I can really say is whatever you put out into this conscious world does have ramifications good or bad, big or small. It's up to you on a linear, conscious level to keep them positive and nurturing. Accept things for what they are. When bad things happen it is important to reflect on what was learned even if it was only "#, I won't ever do that again!" Because hey you learned and grew from the experience. As you were destined to do anyway

Try for a week as consciously as possible to send out good energy, positive thoughts. Think about personal health, wealth and love for you and your family as much as possible. As corny as this sounds. Also think about the ripples you cause in people's actions, behaviors and emotions. What kind of responses did you trigger? We're they good or bad? Why? At the end of the week did you learn something about yourself? If yes, Great! Think back 10 years from now in that linear thing we do
did you learn something then? Ill be you did!

Stay Sacred my friend. And thanks for your ripple. You can chalk this post up as: 1pt positive / 0pt negative

Off to a good start.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d
Try for a week as consciously as possible to send out good energy, positive thoughts.

For a week?--how about nearly 7 years? Sure, I can cause a ripple, but the ripple never comes back around; and its effects on others is never apparent. I can learn the lesson, but never have the chance to benefit from its practice.

My question remains, is it possible that there isn't a point in dusting myself off and getting back on the horse? Can someone be doomed to a lifetime of disappointment and bad luck no matter how positive and optimistic? Don't reject this premise, it's an important question.

I do appreciate your response though. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I'm really glad you found it within yourself to provide the most glib answers you could to belittle my fragile emotional state!

Like a pro

I didn't know "glib" was a word...

Would you have been happier if i said suck it up... Lifes a bitch... Etc etc?

Life has a way of kicking you when you're down... The ones who make it through are those who refuse to stay down after they've been kicked...

So either lay down and let the world run you over...

Or

GET UP!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Oh My....((( Hug ))) Big questions my friend...jumping in the "Sea of Destiny" is tricky business to be sure. Does fate control our destiny, or does how we deal with fate control our reality ? I hope that makes sence...

There's a line from an old Grateful Dead song that says something I think is kind of profound....

Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

Sometimes I'm not sure if I am the luckest person in the world, or the most unlucky person ...honestly I have been both at different times....life seems to run in cycles...alot like Nature....and sometimes the journey to the Sea requires some rocky, cold paths.......

I have come to believe in "God"....but that wasn't something that came easily, I had doubts, and I figured "God" would know that if he existed, and well, you can't bluff "God"......I have been pretty sad and broken myself this past year....but things are falling into place, but the "work" I have done this past year have not been in vain...it's kind of like a flower bulb, they need to be buried in the cold earth before they can bloom....hope that helped a little....feel better...feel free to U2U me ......

edit on 17-4-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Would you have been happier if i said suck it up... Lifes a bitch... Etc etc?

Nope. I'm well aware of that. And I know I'm the only one who can make the change in my attitude.

Life has a way of kicking you when you're down...

I'm well aware of that too. Oh, believe me, I am!

The ones who make it through are those who refuse to stay down after they've been kicked...

Do they really make it through though? I'm skeptical. How many kicks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop?

And some people just stay in abusive relationships. What do they gain from that?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Yes but read your last response. Then re-read it and think about your conscious thoughts. Are they positive or negative?

I'm not asking you to go out and be a saint. Nothing could be further from the truth. This world is corrupt and horribly so. Greed has poisoned mans souls as it were. So if you are expecting a return in positive energy then that is only one error. "People" are more inclined to # on you then help you, especially with your current mindset. You're making yourself an easy target for others even if only on a subconscious level.

What I'm trying to get at is this; we live in an electric universe so everything has a positive and negative. Even when we do positive things sometimes we focus on the negative. I.e. I've been helping others being nice for 7 years and I got no reciprocation. The focus there is negative. Are you familiar with Law of Attraction?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d
Try for a week as consciously as possible to send out good energy, positive thoughts.

For a week?--how about nearly 7 years? Sure, I can cause a ripple, but the ripple never comes back around; and its effects on others is never apparent. I can learn the lesson, but never have the chance to benefit from its practice.

My question remains, is it possible that there isn't a point in dusting myself off and getting back on the horse? Can someone be doomed to a lifetime of disappointment and bad luck no matter how positive and optimistic? Don't reject this premise, it's an important question.

I do appreciate your response though. Thanks.

Short post... gotta hit the sack! I need my beauty sleep.
But, before I jump off here...

If you apply the laws of Karma, or believe in reincarnation, maybe you (and a lot of us) are trying to get our "debt" paid, and be done with it this time around so we won't have to come back again.
That could explain why some people seem to live a "charmed" life, while others face nothing but hardships their entire life. We choose our obstacles before we come here. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by masta12d

I promise you I have one helluva sob story. For this post it's irrelevant but I'm sure I could use it to get my point across. Those crappy things that keep you down could also be happening for a reason.

We learn the most from the most trying of times. That what helps us grow in wisdom which isn't the same as knowledge. We need these experiences for what is to come in our future. If we didn't learn these life lessons now, even when it seems it can't get worse, will become life saving wisdom in a future event. Again whether we see it or not. But in order for us to get the most out of it we have to accept that which we can't change and find the good in all things.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Do they really make it through though? I'm skeptical. How many kicks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie-pop?

And some people just stay in abusive relationships. What do they gain from that?

Did I miss something here?

Theres nothing to gain from an abusive relationship... be it physical or emotional

It only shows that said person is better then what he/she is receiving...

Let it go...

IF that is what needs to happen

Why let someone crack that hard candy shell... when another might be able to melt it

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

My dear, dear friend

First of all you do know that you can pm me with any problem and i'll do my best to support and help you.
That being said....

From the little that i know you seem like a nice, honest guy, which means that you play by the rules. You make choises, based on your ethics and morals.
That's the problem. A huge part of the human population don't. And those are the people that usually win.

Unfortunattely my friend real life is not like the movies, the good guys don't win all the time. I'm not saying to play dirty, just when you make a choise, think what the "bad guys" would do and try to make your choise bulletproof.

Well you know what i do.... I'm Treking...

When i'm down i daydream and i avoid contact with others(friends,family). i close myself to the real world and i make stories in my head. I usually have the situations that brought me to this condition embedded into the stories and i find ways to solve them. Of course my stories are usually sci-fi oriented, but since scifi is my thing, they help me clear things up and i find strength somehow to deal with them afterwards in real life.

Sometimes Spock is there to give me the logical argument

Anyway what ever it is that bothers you, it will pass and you will find the strength to stand up and strat fighting again.

Feel better soon(And that's an order mister)

Hugs

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

You have to turn around your way of thinking. Is fate conspiring against you, or do your expectations of failure manifest from that unconscious desire? Expect success, and you'll have it. Refuse to believe in anything else, acknowledging any failure as but a bump in the road on the way to success. You'll be surprised how fate is then twisted to serve your needs. Make fate your bitch, instead of the other way around.

For years, I was fate's bitch...and I got tired of it. It isn't easy to find your faith (even if that faith is just in yourself, and your own success), but when you do, and you make fate work for you instead of against you, it's a great feeling, and hard to ever go back to the way it was....as if you'd want to.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
When i'm down i daydream and i avoid contact with others(friends,family). i close myself to the real world and i make stories in my head. I usually have the situations that brought me to this condition embedded into the stories and i find ways to solve them.

That's neat. I do that too. A LOT.
It's what kept me going when I faced my terminal illness. I just escaped into my imagination and stories (also sci-fi
.) I visit my 'fantasy-world' almost every night before I fall asleep. I thought I had the solution worked out for a long time too. I'm just not sure it's working.

Right now I'm looking at a character who has never caught a break in his entire life. Sure, I'm comfortable, sheltered, and fed. Basic life necessities are met; certainly can't complain about that. I just feel like I'm trying to push a square peg through a round hole. No matter how I approach it, from any angle, it won't fit.

I'm not exactly depressed. I don't see the wisdom in being depressed or catastrophic. I'm just tired of losing. I'm tired of looking at the shadow of the man I used to be; and the person I could be.

I really do feel like some unseen force has conspired against me at every turn where I tried to improve my outlook and my life.

That doesn't mean I'm giving up. I always remind myself of Wayne Gretzky's quote, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. It's just frustrating to keep missing 100% of the shots I DO take.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I just feel like I'm trying to push a square peg through a round hole. No matter how I approach it, from any angle, it won't fit.

Then chip out some corners of the hole. Make the Universe conspire to your will.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join