It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panorama: North Korea Undercover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Panorama: North Korea Undercover

www.bbc.co.uk...

Did anyone watch this that the BBC did? Undercover journalist entered north Korea under the guise of students from the London School of Economics.

Quite shocking some of the parts, must watch.

The propaganda posters and stuff they were blaring over public transport speakers. It was like stereotypical cold war movies about russia... Quite the eye opener to how bad it is over there.

Empty hospitals, power constantly going out, translator purposely changing what was being said etc weird stuff.
edit on 17-4-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

LSE students on North Korea trip with BBC team 'have received threats'

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I do like Panorama buddy and I am about to watch the episode. However at the end of the day I think we need to keep in mind that said show is a government sponsored BBC propaganda engine!

Update

Now that I have viewed said episode one has to wonder, how does a nation suffering from malnutrition and severe poverty, that cannot even seem to keep there antiquated electrical grid in operation or Hospitals in working order pose a threat? Or even have the capability to launch a LRBM at any other nation?
edit on 17-4-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
I do like Panorama buddy and I am about to watch the episode. However at the end of the day I think we need to keep in mind that said show is a government sponsored BBC propaganda engine!

Update

Now that I have viewed said episode one has to wonder, how does a nation suffering from malnutrition and severe poverty, that cannot even seem to keep there antiquated electrical grid in operation or Hospitals in working order pose a threat? Or even have the capability to launch a LRBM at any other nation?
edit on 17-4-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

Thats exactly what I thought... but then the Military looked far greater looked after, obviously money is being channeled into the wrong area's. But yes, how could they have the ability to launch LRBM?

A man power invasion to the south is a worrying thought though.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I watched this and was sickened by the constant propaganda that those poor people are exposed to. It's so sad to see people suffering in poverty like that. And seeing how different South Korea was just blew my mind.

Little Kim and those like him need to be removed from power and those poor souls who live in that country need to be fed and cared for by the international community.

Another hard hitting episode from Panorama.

Rev

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

I watched this the other night and found, whilst I agree that North Korea is basically an incredibly impoverished communist regime with a dangerous rhetoric and not to be trusted, that it was incredibly biased against North Korea and was very very circumstantial.

"Look at these two people who are clearly scavenging in the mud" - Not clearly at all, it was a two second clip and they could have been doing anything

"Look at this chimney, it is not working today and doesn't look like it has been for a couple of months" - It may not be working that day but how exactly do you tell if it hasn't been used for a couple of months when it is your first time seeing it, you have only been in the country for a couple of days and you have no experience of chimneys as a whole.

Dangerous reporting and proper propaganda.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I didnt see it, ive been poorly last few days and havnt felt like doing much, but i will catch it tonight. Actually, my father was talking about it yesterday, he kept mentioning hospitals with no people in them, and lots of " control". Thanks for posting the link.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I didn't see it, but I wonder if there isn't the same things happening in the "Western" world.....poverty, homelessness, propaganda and militarism. Also is NoKo any different than parts of China ?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
I didn't see it, but I wonder if there isn't the same things happening in the "Western" world.....poverty, homelessness, propaganda and militarism. Also is NoKo any different than parts of China

I am reminded of the reports from the UK about hundreds of patients dying of neglect in some northern hospital 'trust'?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff

Originally posted by ken10
I didn't see it, but I wonder if there isn't the same things happening in the "Western" world.....poverty, homelessness, propaganda and militarism. Also is NoKo any different than parts of China

I am reminded of the reports from the UK about hundreds of patients dying of neglect in some northern hospital 'trust'?

Must be true....just like the accusations against Saddam in Iraq

Nayirah stated that after the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait she had witnessed Iraqi soldiers take babies out of incubators in a Kuwaiti hospital, take the incubators,

Source
edit on 17-4-2013 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

Seems there is a problem with the reply function !!!
edit on 17-4-2013 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
North vs South Korea at night, Saterlite Photo.

Just highlighting the electrical problems.

I seem to remember during the Olympics... or was it the Fifa World Cup, reporters got into the country and wandered a bit. Empty Citys, lights going out etc.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Bearing in mind the lengths the BBC went to film this documentary (lying to the LSE about the presence of the journalist and crew, and putting their students in a lot of danger), did it tell people anything they didn't already know?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by twfau
Bearing in mind the lengths the BBC went to film this documentary (lying to the LSE about the presence of the journalist and crew, and putting their students in a lot of danger), did it tell people anything they didn't already know?

Yeah, the stuff in the train and general propaganda everywhere was quite shocking, i hadn't seen that before, worth the student danger... no.

top topics

join