It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theorists (ATS?) attacked after Family Guy Clip Speculation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hi all,

I recently saw a thread posted here on ATS regarding Family Guy and its apparent prediction or forewarning of the Boston Terrorist Attacks. Needless to say, it hasn't taken long for the MSM to label us all as nuts...

The offensive clip was shared online by conspiracy nuts such as Alex Jones, founder of conspiracy website InfoWars. Jones completely failed to inform his audience that the clip was doctored in order to advance his theory that the explosions at the Boston Marathon was all part of a government scheme to "take our civil liberties and promote homeland security".

It wasn't long before creator of Family Guy Seth MacFarlane weighed in on the video, calling it "abhorrent" on Twitter.

www.news.com.au...

While the video shown is different to the one discussed on ATS, the MSM is still clearly portraying us all as crackpots

Other right-wing websites picked up where Jones left off, and Twitter users helpfully spread word of an impending New World Order.

gawker.com... _source=gawker_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Here is the ATS thread in question:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
No, I don't think so.

Apparently it's the same group responsible for the previous DDOS attack earlier in the month.

So unless they can see into the future....

edit on 17/4/13 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
When you have a bunch of people parroting what they hear without checking anything for themselves what do you expect?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I know it's either very late at night, or very early in the morning for me, and I may be missing something. but, how did you get ATS attacked out of this?

Des

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Or are you asking how he's come to the conclusion that this latest attack is related to the Family Guy thread?

edit on 17/4/13 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yes Chad. How is the latest DDos attack related to the FG thread. We did have another one tonight. I personally see no tie-in to an episode of FG., nor a FG thead here.

Des

edit on 17-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The op is talking about the media labelling people who believe in every conspiracy they hear nuts. Not hard to deduce from what is written.

Needless to say, it hasn't taken long for the MSM to label us all as nuts...

Conspiracy Theorists (ATS?) attacked after Family Guy Clip Speculation

the MSM is still clearly portraying us all as crackpots

The first response is very strange, to many socks open

edit on 17-4-2013 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
verbal attacked not ddos, i think thats what the op ment

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Oh yeah, didn't think of it that way!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
First thing I thought of when ATS went down again today was about if people were just tired of the sort of idiocy spewing around of late.

To be honest, it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

but yeah Chad's obviously a sock puppet and posted in the wrong thread, .. and I'm a cover shill, here to make it all seem silly.

Rite?

I bet.. lol

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Sock humour always brings out interesting things

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
verbal attacked not ddos, i think thats what the op ment

Yes.

When I put ATS in the title, I was referring to the ATS thread I linked. The participants of that thread were disseminating a similar video as the one which the MSM is using to attack conspiracy theorists.

This was a verbal attack, not a physical one harming individuals, or online servers.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Thank you for clearing things up for other members.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

It really isn't that strange...

Just a few hours ago ATS went down from another DDOS attack.

When I opened this thread with that top of my mind, I assumed it was about that attack and not the verbal attack of conspiracy theorists...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
[quote
It wasn't long before creator of Family Guy Seth MacFarlane weighed in on the video, calling it "abhorrent" on Twitter.

Scum bag Seth wants it all ways.

He wants to have disgusting sub-juvenile offensive stuff like running over runners at the Boston marathon and the idiot protoganist blow up bombs. He basks in the outrage it causes. So funny.

But when Boston happens and the obvious parallels are made - Scum bag Seth takes great offence.

What a world class grub, and hypocrite.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bulldetector

Two clips were edited together, I would also call out that BS if it was my work.

Overview
Two clips
One clip of running people down
One clip of him on a phone setting off bombs

www.perthnow.com.au...

this one (edited)

www.youtube.com...
and this one

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

On the other hand...one could argue that the bomber simply used the cartoon case to implement it's plan in order for it to look that it was somehow known in advance...by somebody. It would no doubt throw some dogs off the scent.

I haven't actually watched the cartoon scene.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
It is pretty commonplace to find evidence of future attacks in previous shows, for example, there is some news footage of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill / oil platform on fire in the movie "2012" way before that actually happened. It is a conspiracy theme that the media knows about events before they happen and leak clues.

I think we should have the right to explore that, I haven't seen it being used in an offensive or joking manner on here ever.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Wow, okay, I can see the problem with this. Someone deliberately doctored the video to make a bigger deal of it. In the real footage I saw earlier, there were no bombs, just running over people with a car.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Yeah, there is two clips going around.

edit
Just had a look and the phone one is the same episode but is not related at all, quite a lot of talking but I will transcribe to the best of my ability if wanted.

is season 11 episode 15 by the way

top topics

<<   2 >>

join