It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery deepens over fate of Sahara tourists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The fate of 31 European tourists � including four Swiss � who disappeared in the Sahara desert more than two months ago remains uncertain...

swissinfo.org...

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Reminds me of a Sam Kinison saying...

"We have deserts in America, we just don't LIVE in them!"

Not that they were trying to live there....but trekking across the Sahara probably wasn't the best idea in the world...hmm?

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The report link didn't work for me but I saw a news story on TV about this group. Appearantly, their vehicle was found buried in the sand and there's no trace of the bodies.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
ever notice how the people from arizona and las vegas and them are always slightly odd and usually angry a lot. if i lived in the desert since i was twelve i would be too. hell it's all good.

as for the tourists, quicksand, slowsand, sand, or a giant frog

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Not entirely sure this is the same group but sounds like it. Appears they have been found

www.reuters.com...;jsessionid=FNECXUUWITB3GCRBAEZSFEY?type=worldNews&storyID=2739478

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
yes..it's precisely the same group and the possibility taht it was Algerian terrorists has been on the wires for weeks.
I missed this one, Nans.
Estragon wagers that Al Qaida will be involved!

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Given the links that the Algerian Groups have you would have thought its a possibility.

We seem to have been warned since 9/11 that there would be more attacks. Anyone betting we may going into a concentrated period of terrorist activity?

[Edited on 14-5-2003 by cassini]

top topics

join