It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting thing, the cesarean section

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Ok, first let me say I am still researching this and am only posting to ask if others have noticed this as well.

My wife is due to give birth in July. Her OBGYN set the date for the 22nd and told her it will likely be a c-section. Well my son was born on the 22nd of January, also a c-section. I thought to myself, "hmm, odd coincidence". But then I began wondering why this OBGYN had chosen the 22nd with both children. I also have a niece and two nephews that were delivered via c-section and.... all three are on the 22nd day of their birth month. Now I know EVERY c-section hasn't been on the 22nd of the month. Though after doing some googling, it appears as if a large amount of c-sections are performed on the 22nd of the birth month.com now I understand there are millions of people born every year and so the odds are extremely high that many of them will be born on the 22nd. But a c-section is usually planned unless there are complications then it is an emergency issue.

That being said, the odds don't count as the date is pre ordained by the OBGYN.

So ATS, what is so significant about the 22nd of the month? Why this date more than any other for a preplanned deliverance of life into the world? I'm still doing my own digging into this and just wanted to find some input from others on the matter.
edit on 17-4-2013 by W0mbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I'm not sure but I think that the doctors like to schedule them for the same day. That way they can get them out of the way, or maybe the hospital has only 1 doctor that can do it so they have to work around said doctors schedule.
I remember when my ex fiance` was having complications with our son they scheduled a date to give her a c section if she hadn't gone into labor within x amount of time. So me thinks it's just so they can go room to room pretty much, I guess. I can't remember the reason that was given to us. It was almost 7 years ago.
edit on 17-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by W0mbat

Ok, I do not know how much medical knowledge you have. But first of all a c-section is nothing out of the ordinary anymore. Pretty much anyone can go for the c-section just because they prefer it, it is not really an "emergency" thing anymore.

So looking for connections between two birth in January in July based on that seems a little far fetched.

If it is your wife then surely you MUST know a few more details why she or the doctor chose to perform a c-section?

The way you write this, I kinda have to doubt that you lived it.

And IF you lived it, then pay some goddamn attention to your wife. She´s pregnant. You should know more details. You should be more informed and not write here about this.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightaudit

The use of a c-section is often for the convenience of the medical team than the patient, there is even benefits for the baby to be born in the natural way. (especially regarding immunologic and positive bacterial transfer from mother to child Google about it).

C-section should be an exception not the rule as well as inducing labor, there is often no gains to the mother and child just the contrary...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

And your post makes sense because....?

It has nothing to do with the question posted in this thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by W0mbat

Very odd indeed.
Now I'm wondering if women I know were schedualed to have a cesarean on the 22nd of the month

I'll check it out and see what I come up with.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit

Neither of you are on the same sheet of music that the OP is on

The query is why pick the 22nd of the month for delivery and is this a common practice with cesarean
deliveries to be scheduled on the same date with much frequency ??

edit on 17-4-2013 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I've know 2 women that had to have a c section because of previous cervical cancer. The doctor gave them a window of 1 week, and told them to pick any day out of that week as a birthing date.
One of them was just after the beginning of the month. They try to get it close to the natural due date.

Like another poster said, c sections should only be done when absolutely necessary. They're not natural.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
My sister-n-law just had a ceasarian this past Friday on the 12th, she was given a choice for her date.

Perhaps it has something to do with hospital accounting practices, I have no idea other than that.

I think the other poster was just trying to comment on the fact that delivering the natural way is better for the baby, to try to help the op. I learned that going through the birth canal helps mucous clear from the lungs, hence reducing infection possibilities. If the Dr. has not told you already, it is healthier for the baby.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Why are you so damn rude to the OP and this member? There is no need to attack either member!

OP I don't know anyone who set a date for their C-Section. Those I know that had one had it because labor was taking too long or complications came about during natural labor. I know my sister had to have one after hours in labor. They decided the baby was too big to go naturally so they did a C-Section.

I am 32 weeks pregnant and I do NOT want a C-section. I do not want to be cut open, it is not natural and hard to recover from. I know if they come back and say I need one I'll cry. I really do not want to be cut open. Now if it is needed then of course I know I have to but i really do not want one. I don't like how long it takes to recover and i don't like what it can do to your abdominal area. I know many women who had a hard time recovering from a c-section. My fiancee will only be here for two weeks after my due date and a c-section would require him to stay longer and I'm not sure his work will let him. I have no family locally so a c-section for me is really not what I want!

I have no theories as to why they are done on this date. Maybe it is something to do with getting them all done on the same day? I know my friend picked the date she wanted to deliver with her last two. She went in and they induced her and she had them both naturally. I also know that they would only induce on certain days so that very well may be the reason the 22nd comes up for C-Sections too.

Congrats btw

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by W0mbat

My daughter was born planned C-section may 22, 1989. Very much coincidence I too am now wondering if there is a reason for the 22nd of the month...weird!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Interesting....my youngest daughter was born on the 22nd Feb via C-section...wonder if it is something new for that date to be so prominent because the other 2 were c-section as well and neither was on a 22nd date but were 6 and 7 years ago.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

reply to post by W0mbat

Ok, I do not know how much medical knowledge you have. But first of all a c-section is nothing out of the ordinary anymore. Pretty much anyone can go for the c-section just because they prefer it, it is not really an "emergency" thing anymore.

So looking for connections between two birth in January in July based on that seems a little far fetched.

If it is your wife then surely you MUST know a few more details why she or the doctor chose to perform a c-section?

The way you write this, I kinda have to doubt that you lived it.

And IF you lived it, then pay some goddamn attention to your wife. She´s pregnant. You should know more details. You should be more informed and not write here about this.

Somebody didn't wake up on the right side of the bed....maybe you should go back to sleep and wait to post until you're in a better mood. No need to attack the OP when it was a simple question. Are you mad because you're pregnant and not getting enough attention or something?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The meaning for 22 numerology: The master builder,dreams made manifest, ancient wisdom, realization, force of nature, the future, evolution, technology, universal love, war, leader, the universe, personal power, charisma, service, divine imagination, idealist, expansive, visionary, government, Universal transformation, philanthropy, common sense, and practicality.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

And you honestly think that makes sense? I mean really honestly?

Have you been to ...hmm say a hospital? I mean ever?

Do you know how the date of birth is calculated and what factors come into play?

I am SHOCKED that the husband/spouse of a pregnant women is so ridiculously uninformed that his brain could even come up with garbage like this.

But go one people. Tell each other that there is a mystery instead of actually paying attention to the pregnant women or her doctors....

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

reply to post by azureskys

And you honestly think that makes sense? I mean really honestly?

Have you been to ...hmm say a hospital? I mean ever?

Do you know how the date of birth is calculated and what factors come into play?

I am SHOCKED that the husband/spouse of a pregnant women is so ridiculously uninformed that his brain could even come up with garbage like this.

But go one people. Tell each other that there is a mystery instead of actually paying attention to the pregnant women or her doctors....

Wow...you're a real sweetheart. From what I read in the OP it appears as if he IS involved and does know when the date has been set for his wife's c-section. He is simply asking why the 22nd on so many births? Now...in all your overwhelming medical knowledge you still have not even tried to answer his question. I think you need to get off your soapbox and maybe grab the ear of the person you are truly ticked off at, like say some man/woman who obviously did something wrong to you when you had a kid.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My twins scheduled c-section was on the 21st of the month but the 22nd would have been a Sunday, so maybe that was a deterrant? I don't know, interesting.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I have two kids, both C-sections.

One on the 12th, other on the 7th.

There are more births around certain dates for every month... you can usually trace them back to a major holiday or celebration. Dang liquor "loosening" inhibitions....

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Wow, I asked my wife (we have kids seperatly) and her youngest was a c-section that happened on the 22nd; kinda strange. Interesting, but strange.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have read each and every post in this and I just have to say....wow....

Why? Because as the OP states, it IS kind of an interesting "coincidence" if it is indeed a coincidence at all. I'm thinking it may not be, and that like others have stated, that it's scheduled in some places for the same date of the week or month as a matter of doctor scheduling. Many doctors allow their patients some leeway in scheduling their own C-sections if one must be done.

To the rest of you, I dunno what to say. How bout- Stop Bickering? Thanks. Enough cuss words in this one to make MY eyes water, and I work with heavy equipment operators all day, every day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join