It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Bad Language Here On ATS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Sorry but have to rant about this.

What is with all the people that insist on trying to use vulgar language here on ATS? If you have to use it to make a point or argue your case, something is seriously wrong.

Worse, people use numbers and symbols to try and bypass the filters here on ATS, thinking that they are being cute or smart......

I'll tell you, it shows the exact opposite of that. Seriously, it makes you look just plain silly. For example:

I hate smurfing people who smurfing say smurf too much. Smurfing smurfwards have no smurfing grasp of the smurfing language

See what I mean? You just look silly, and if you still have to use it, please read more to increase your vocabulary skills.

/rant.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Man...Are you ever upset

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
Man...Are you ever upset

No, I'm just smurfed off!

See? I know people get upset, but seriously, no need for the language.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

There is no such thing as "bad" language.

Crawl off your soap box and go smurf yourself.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

A smurfing timely thread...S&F....

Des

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck

Star for you.

You (and George Carlin) are right. No "bad" words. Only bad thoughts.

However, people use those words to convey those bad thoughts.

To me it boils down to this: If you feel like you HAVE to make a post that contain words that are not allowed here, then it means you've hit the "Reply" button too fast and need to go take a walk. Cool off. Then come back and reply.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Thank Smuf for this thread, It's about time some smufer said this.
Star and Smurfing flag op.

edit on 16/4/2013 by andypb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Perhaps not in your home, but in many segments of society, including school, your place of work, and social events in which children are present, there IS such a thing as bad language. There is a reason that ATS requests no cussing when trying to make your point....and if you cannot make your point without cursing, then you may want to check out other sites where it's a free-for-all.

I would tell you to go smurf yourself, but it seems like your post already smurfed you.
edit on 16-4-2013 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I try to never swear. Rarely do in real life if I'm around others. So I try to keep a civil tongue.

Sometimes I see a censored word in a post and wonder if it was intentional or if they swore. I have to quote to see what was said, and often wonder when I then see the join date of a few years ago.

Bit of a worry when I see old members still using expletives.

And then you get the sort of people who think that because they're ove 18 they can use expletives. As if suddenly they're allowed to and they're going to after years of being a child.

To me, they're still children.

If you can't find a single word to describe how you feel about something, there are combinations of words that can be used to express that. If it's too much effort to use the language properly, then most likely it's also a sign that little effort has gone into what is being said.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
That's a bit racially motivated, isn't it? Because their skin is blue, you think you can just use them as a replacement for a profane word?

Shame.....

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Fair enough. Cursing doesnt bother me at all and I will continue to use it liberally but I know what you are saying. Think less of me (and my cursing brothers and sisters) if you wish but you run the risk of making an unfair assessment of their message. Probably not but maybe.

I just reserve my right to use whatever language I wish.

S&F for you though for not taking my comment too seriously. Rant on my friend but perhaps maybe you just need a walk

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Perhaps not in your home, but in many segments of society, including school, your place of work, and social events in which children are present, there IS such a thing as bad language. There is a reason that ATS requests no cussing when trying to make your point....and if you cannot make your point without cursing, then you may want to check out other sites where it's a free-for-all.

I would tell you to go smurf yourself, but it seems like your post already smurfed you.
edit on 16-4-2013 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

Relax. I was just having fun. The idea that I could form a series of sounds that would incite someone to have such a strong reaction is something I will never understand.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa
That's a bit racially motivated, isn't it? Because their skin is blue, you think you can just use them as a replacement for a profane word?

Shame.....

Well I could have use "Bunny"......but then Beezer or Wrabbit would come over here and give me a tongue lashing.

Or I could have used the words like here in Johnny Dangerously, but I think that would have been going too far:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Language travels for its own reasons across cultures, classes and all cracks and holes. It seems a tad unrealistic to try and harness it in a place like this. Some are saints and others sinners and they all get together at ATS with varying ideas and language concepts. Personally, I try to adapt my use of language to my perceived environment. My observations tell me a great portion of those around me do the same. For me, the "F" word conveys an emotion I may miss were the person I'm reading not have the skills to convey it in a literary sense. I believe also that there are far more things going on in the world to get your knickers in a twist over. It's gonna be an uphill fight (IMHO) if you don't learn to integrate this into your understanding of dealing with forums and perhaps other avenues.

Respectfully

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Papa smurf say's no smurfing permitted here.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
SMURFFING SMURF!!

I don't know I'm not feeling it.

This thread has stunted my vocabulary.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Smurfing Smurf berries!
I can agree with the OP. Swearing or Cussing as some call it, is ugly. I myself am guilty of it from time to time but it is honestly something I am working on fixing. SO sometimes I make up words for my dialogue. Like Poop-hoar. It sounds funny and it relieves tension like going off and playing the skinf lute.

S&F
edit on 16-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Hands bar of soap to billy...now, go wash that smurfing mouth out you young whippersnapper....

Des

edit on 16-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Smurf you!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join