It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Creature in Friend's Toilet (pic)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

I believe this is a Scutigera coleoptrata...Also known as a 'House Centipede'. Link Though it looks like some of it's legs are missing, or just stuck together due to whatever nastiness it was swimming in, inside the toilet bowl

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
It looks like the dreaded CIA rump worm.

It comes up through the toilet, leaps onto your rear, and, well, enters your body from behind. There, it migrates to your head and takes over control of your mind.

Sort of like a toilet Go'a'uld.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Remember 8th grade science class...? yup, time to disect!

There will be a test afterwards.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
It's a drowned silverfish missing some legs.

What compelled you to take it out and snap a picture of it? Flush it down. Gross.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Hahah des

It looks a little like a bug and a little likea fish.
Lets do Latin..

cloaca -ae f. [a sewer , drain].

cimex -icis m. [a bug].

allec or alec -ecis n. [fish].

So folks we have ourselves here a cloaca cimex allec

-don't be afraid, they're harmless and quite tasty

edit on 16-4-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I believe it is this :

scutigere coleoptrata

Although i am not sure if you have these in the USA, here in France in certain areas we have quite a lot and they are quite common in old stone houses.

I cought one a couple of years ago and put it in a pot with a common housefly to see how it would react... definately a carniverous little bugger... ripped the fly to pieces and ate it very quickly...

The one you have posted is definately bloated (i have seen this in our bath after coming back from long holidays as we often put plants in the bath with a little water and the legs were sort of fused together because of the water and decomposition (some legs had dropped off)).

Although this little critter is fairly harmless and will run very fast when you approach it, in French Guyana they have a giant version that can grow up to 30 cm that has a very nasty bite (venom contains neuro toxins that can be deadly to small animals and babies).

Hope this helps?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 17-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

edit on 17-4-2013 by Rodinus because: spelling mistake

edit on 17-4-2013 by Rodinus because: word added

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

It looks like one of those squirmy worm things one used to be able to make with goo and a die-cast mold. Think Mattel sold them. One was for making army men too.

The thing in the toilet is definitely not a silver fish. And it doesn't have nearly enough legs to be a centipede; not buying the matted leg theory. It's also appears translucent, unlike any centipede I have ever seen.

edit on 17-4-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
It's a silverfish! They hang out near water and plumbing areas. Hate those things www.google.com... 3.3.0.164.765.6j2.8.0...0.0...1ac.1.9.img.57S_wiGrfMk
edit on 17-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

I would scream like a woman if I ever caught one of those things crawling on me! Ewww. That thing is nastier than a spider.
*shivers*

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

My two cents worth I think this creature is battle scard water looged silver fish.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

DOH!!

Missed it by that much

Nice pics' they are some amazing animals

Saving those pic.
Cheers

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Your friends symbiote was ejected by it's host ?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
reply to post by Rodinus

I would scream like a woman if I ever caught one of those things crawling on me! Ewww. That thing is nastier than a spider.
*shivers*

Many people here on ATS know what my job is, so please posters take into consideration that i DO know what i am talking about! I will be happy to answer U2Us when i have time.

Funnily enough last year i actually swatted one that was crawling across my face and trying to enter my mouth at around 3 in the morning.... made a right mess with those legs still wiggling around and tickling my lips! (a bit like a Daddy long legs,) when you splat the little bugger it's legs keep moving!... YUK!

People... if you have not eaten yet, care to take a look at the videos that follow :

YUM YUM....

Or this :

YEP... That is what you have in your bog and could eat your bum!
Take a minute or two to check out those liitle jaws he/she has...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 17-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Another word added

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
Your friends symbiote was ejected by it's host ?

Are you talking about Richard Dean Anderson and those squiggly things that come out of your tummy that his black mate with the tattoo has on his forehead? (sorry i live in France and have been to the local bakers again)... Ask Cody

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Yes, these are quite common in the US. House Centipedes. And Tropics was right, good call.

I had lived in a house with lots of forest behind it, so we had lots of these guys. They often come out at night. I was fortunate enough to never have one crawl on me as far as I know and I believe they eat spiders. All that being said, they are demonic evil monstrosities of a creature. Whenever I saw one, it was when you would turn the light on and it would just be there. In the bathroom, on the wall, in the shower, scurrying across the floor.

They are fast. And disgusting. I hated trying to get those buggers cuz if you didn't get um the first try you were in for a hunt.

Oh, and they can live submerged under water for quite some time.

Luckily I moved and have never seen one since.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by introV
Yes, these are quite common in the US. House Centipedes. And Tropics was right, good call.

I had lived in a house with lots of forest behind it, so we had lots of these guys. They often come out at night. I was fortunate enough to never have one crawl on me as far as I know and I believe they eat spiders. All that being said, they are demonic evil monstrosities of a creature. Whenever I saw one, it was when you would turn the light on and it would just be there. In the bathroom, on the wall, in the shower, scurrying across the floor.

They are fast. And disgusting. I hated trying to get those buggers cuz if you didn't get um the first try you were in for a hunt.

Oh, and they can live submerged under water for quite some time.

Luckily I moved and have never seen one since.

The death of a 30 tickly legs...DEMONS... DEVILS.... HORRENOUS MOSTROSITIES....

Please exuse me if my spelling has gone astray as M Thatchers funeral is on FRENCH TV right now and i am not feeling very well... I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THIS PERSON DESEVES A STATE FUNERAL!!!!

Sorry i am so narked...

I will be back

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I believe it is the infamous fecal demon...

I think your friend's toilet needs an exorcism

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Looks like a drowned centipede, missing a couple of legs. Do an image search on google.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It should clean the bowl so you're friend don't have tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tropic

What you have a photo of is actually not a silverfish it is a "House Centipede"
They are found living in older homes, barns, rotted wood etc..

House centipedes are sometimes referred to as silverfish but this is false.
House centipedes are an entirely different species.

With that said, what was found in the toilet IS a silverfish.
They live on carb's starches and sugars.

Propably just fell in while getting a drink.

edit on 17-4-2013 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join