Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

People in glass houses shouldnt run around naked...or something like that

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I have read so many Anti american posts on here that I am at my breaking point. I get it. You hate America. But, but you never really say why. If you want to hate my country that is great, just tell me why? And let me defend my country.

I am tired of posts about how America is imploding and on the brink of disaster. Honestly we have problems, but, man, how about some empathy and compassion? How about offering suggestions as to what you would do? Instead of spreading hate and gloating.

Ats is meant to be a place to deny ignorance. By stereotyping and lumping ALL americans into one collective group is not intelligent and defintely ignorant. So , if you want to bash my country, bash it. But, fight fair.

It would not be very fair of me to assume every single muslim I see is a terrorist, correct? So it is not fair for you to think that I agree with everything that happens in my country and for you to gloat when things in my country go bad and for you to assume I am not as angry and bothered by it as you are.

One story that really struck a nerve was about how our country killed civilians at a wedding. If that did happen it is horrible, but, it doesnt make us all bad and it doesnt mean we agree with it and I guarentee it does not make our soldiers bad. I am tired of the posts about how American troops are baby killing machines. My husband was in the army for 22 yrs and never killed one single soul and he was deployed in a forward location 4 times. He was blown up. HOw about that? He has a brain injury. How about that?

It really really hurts me when I feel like I am hated on here simply because of where I was born- the USA. It hurts me when I mention my husband served 22 yrs in the Army and he all of the sudden is responsible for the deaths of civilians in a war he didnt ask to go to and almost die in. How about the US Soldier who was stabbed to death playing soccer with kids? He was stabbed by an Afghani teenager he was playing with! Stop bashing. Please.

So before you judge EVERY American based upon the actions of a few, look in your own backyard. I am sure your country has its share of problems, but every other nation does not have its eyes on you.

So please, have empathy and compassion and stop stereotyping. Some of you act like you would like nothing more for our country to fail. It is like you are sitting there waiting for it to happen. It would devestate so many lives and I do not take it lightly. I love my country and I am just tired of the ill wishing on here.

Maybe, just maybe, if you showed some compassion and saw that we are not a perfect society and we have our problems, and instead of relishing in the fact we are imperfect, act with compassion, our world would not be what it is right now. So don't judge the masses for the actions of the few.

I took a break from ATS when this happened before. We, more than anyone need to come together for a cause. On ATS is it to deny ignorance. So please deny ignorance. Stop wishing ill upon one another. There are some great minds on here. Use those minds for solving problems and not spreading hate.

I am tired of being hated because of where i was born. It is not ok. I will not tolerate it. It is discrimination at its core.

I am not saying all ATsers hate my country but I am finding more and more anti American posts and it really bothers me to the core.

We are all from the same race... HUMAN.
We are all from the same place...EARTH.
We are all in this together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~End of Rant~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

edit on 16-4-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

That's debateable... have you heard of the recent antics of the Westborough Church?

Nope... everyone is out for themselves these days...

Its tragic, but its true

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Don't worry, part of the NWO is to do away with Nationalism........

At least that way we can all bitch about our enslavement based upon being human. If you don't agree with that, they will swiftly lop off your head and call you a terrorist........

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

S&F I agree, but now get ready for denial, many of the same members who bash all American regularly. Will be on your thread claiming they don't.

I wish you the best, and hope your husband recovers.

To any member that attacks this poor women's husband. Get ready to feel my wrath because you will be the lowest form of human scum to take a cheap shot.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
You know what chaps my A$$ is how these other countries beg for our help when they have a disaster, then turn around and $hit on us, I say to hell with them all. They complain how evil America is , but they want to live here. We got to stop playing big brother and let these other countries fend for themselves.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by k21968

That's debateable... have you heard of the recent antics of the Westborough Church?

Nope... everyone is out for themselves these days...

I agree everyone is out for themselves and that is really really sad. As for Westboro, I dislike what they do, however america is free so they are entitled to do it. Although I have been part of an anti-picket against their picketing at more than one military funeral.

Its tragic, but its true

lol:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by k21968

At least that way we can all bitch about our enslavement based upon being human. If you don't agree with that, they will swiftly lop off your head and call you a terrorist........

Ok, one thing I am doing in the future is to ask when i do not understand a comment so I do not assume anything and get the posters real intentions. So, you are my first victim..

what do you mean in layman terms, errr for a novice ATS'er. I truly do not understand. i am sorry in advance for my question, because it is surely obvious to others..(call me blonde)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Well then, how about all of the bombs cash and other weapons of death we hand over to israeli terrorists.
You do know that israeli terrorists are the only ones who have ever murdered US civillians and military personell and got off scott free???
How would I fix it?
I'd stop all aid to the terrorist israeli regime!
How's that??

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

reply to post by k21968

The NWO doesn't exist, that's just a big pile of crap. My country has its problems but we always seem to pull through. I agree with the op , stop the hate.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by k21968

S&F I agree, but now get ready for denial, many of the same members who bash all American regularly. Will be on your thread claiming they don't.

To any member that attacks this poor women's husband. Get ready to feel my wrath because you will be the lowest form of human scum to take a cheap shot.

I appreciate your support and I assure you I can take care of myself.
But, I am sure I will be bashed for my rant, but, man, seriously, when something horrible happens in say, South Africa, I feel empathy for the people that live there and do not instantly start bashing their way of life even if it is different from my own. That just infuriates me. People are fearful of that in which they do not understand. So, ask questions. Understand, then, and only then can you make statements about hating it.

I have had cheap shots regarding my hubby, but most of the time they are not from fellow americans. It is lack of understanding of people like my husband who truly feel they are serving the constitution of the US and defending it above all else. We all know the higher ups see it differently but the grunts like him, their entire being is good. I admire him more than any other person on this planet. He built schools for girls in Afghanistan. He taught Arghan soldiers to be soldiers. He did what he could. But yet, most of the world hates him and those like him because he wears the uniform of the US. It is sad.

Thank you!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
You know what chaps my A$$ is how these other countries beg for our help when they have a disaster, then turn around and $hit on us, I say to hell with them all. They complain how evil America is , but they want to live here. We got to stop playing big brother and let these other countries fend for themselves.

That really bothers me too. The minute we would close our borders the same people would be in an uproar!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by k21968

Well then, how about all of the bombs cash and other weapons of death we hand over to israeli terrorists.
You do know that israeli terrorists are the only ones who have ever murdered US civillians and military personell and got off scott free???
How would I fix it?
I'd stop all aid to the terrorist israeli regime!
How's that??

And I agree with you. I dont agree with everything the ptb do. I will take it a step further...stop ALL foreign aid and help our own country first. We are trillions in debt. In my home when I am in debt, I have to pay my bills first, then what is left I can donate to charity. why doesnt our government work the same way?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Ok, one thing I am doing in the future is to ask when i do not understand a comment so I do not assume anything and get the posters real intentions. So, you are my first victim..

what do you mean in layman terms, errr for a novice ATS'er. I truly do not understand. i am sorry in advance for my question, because it is surely obvious to others..(call me blonde)

LOL that made me smile and I appreciate your honesty....

Part of Agenda 21 which by the way is the New World Orders plans, is to do away with nationalism, that means that no more USA!!!! cheers.....We will all be equals. Well, according to those whom will be our slave masters.......

I am a vet and I can see how the government is using nationalism to get us up and cheering for whatever they decide to do, no matter how many innocent children are killed, if it is presented to us in the right manner, we will cheer on the deaths of the innocents whom are conveniently called "collateral damage"! Remember 9/11 and Iraq?

I am not trying to be a smart ass to you OP! I appreciate your honesty in your response to my post and I respect your for that!

The thing we need to pay close attention too, is NOT what we listen to on the MSM, but the agenda and policies of the New World Order, (which is the Old World Order and their families using their acquired wealth to further control us). Agenda 21 is a very telling agenda of their plan to not only kill us off, but control those of us whom survive.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Not me, I Love America!

It's a great place to keep all those Americans

(I KID I KID)

I'm Aussie, we cop it all the time too.. especially from Americans Oo

But she'll be right, no wuckas.. if you remove the eyes and tongue from everyone, we're all the same.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

reply to post by k21968

LOL that made me smile and I appreciate your honesty....

Part of Agenda 21 which by the way is the New World Orders plans, is to do away with nationalism, that means that no more USA!!!! cheers.....We will all be equals. Well, according to those whom will be our slave masters.......

I am a vet and I can see how the government is using nationalism to get us up and cheering for whatever they decide to do, no matter how many innocent children are killed, if it is presented to us in the right manner, we will cheer on the deaths of the innocents whom are conveniently called "collateral damage"! Remember 9/11 and Iraq?

I am not trying to be a smart ass to you OP! I appreciate your honesty in your response to my post and I respect your for that!

The thing we need to pay close attention too, is NOT what we listen to on the MSM, but the agenda and policies of the New World Order, (which is the Old World Order and their families using their acquired wealth to further control us). Agenda 21 is a very telling agenda of their plan to not only kill us off, but control those of us whom survive.

Thank you for explaining and making me understand. I agree with you and hate that it is that way. I do not think others who do not live in our country understand how little control we really have. I think they misunderstand what our freedoms really are. I was not offended at all. I could talk to someone like you all day and even if i did not agree could have a great valuable conversation! ATS needs more like you.

By the way, it is not easy to admit to not understanding , you run the risk of everything you say from then on out being looked at like you are an idiot. But, me, i am willing to admit i am a newbie and i am here to learn. how else can you learn if you do not ask for help??

You rock!!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by k21968

I appreciate your support and I assure you I can take care of myself.
But, I am sure I will be bashed for my rant, but, man, seriously, when something horrible happens in say, South Africa, I feel empathy for the people that live there and do not instantly start bashing their way of life even if it is different from my own. That just infuriates me. People are fearful of that in which they do not understand. So, ask questions. Understand, then, and only then can you make statements about hating it.

I have had cheap shots regarding my hubby, but most of the time they are not from fellow americans. It is lack of understanding of people like my husband who truly feel they are serving the constitution of the US and defending it above all else. We all know the higher ups see it differently but the grunts like him, their entire being is good. I admire him more than any other person on this planet. He built schools for girls in Afghanistan. He taught Arghan soldiers to be soldiers. He did what he could. But yet, most of the world hates him and those like him because he wears the uniform of the US. It is sad.

Thank you!

Thank you, and I'm sure you can take care of yourself. I read your OP and just saw a avenue I felt would be unjust if taken.

I also feel for the people of other countries when they are in pain. I also feel the hatred of other members towards all American's ( not all members).

They will take any chance to derail the thread, and I would have made the same statement for any member.

Sorry for the "poor women" did sound a little sexist didn't it?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Sorry for the "poor women" did sound a little sexist didn't it?

no offense taken at all, sometimes a girl likes to feel defended.

It was very noble!!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The sad truth is Americans just dont realise how reprehensibly they act when abroad.
Their expectations are seldom met it seems....
They have a nasty superiority about them that antagonises others.They are pushy, aggresive, and im[polite.
The truth is the USA is NOT THE greatsest country in history.
Doesnt nessessarily treat the rest of the world as equals....
And to top it off....the US business model in international trade is entirely rapacious.
The US military may have the best of intentions...
But drone attacks have killed THOUSANDS of innocent civilians...not three..
and thats just one small war......
The people of the United States are theoretically responsible for the actions of their country abroad....but they seem to be unable to control their own goverments blood lusts.
Its entirely reasonable people would be miffed at Americans in general........

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
[ The people of the United States are theoretically responsible for the actions of their country abroad....but they seem to be unable to control their own goverments blood lusts.
Its entirely reasonable people would be miffed at Americans in general........

first you cannot judge an entire nation of people based upon the actions of the few you encounter overseas...

second, I am sure if I knew what country you are from, I could find examples of your nationals acting fools in the USA

third, I am not responsible for the actions of my country abroad no more than you are responsible for every soul that resides in your country

fourth, drone attacks killing thousands...again, it isnt the masses, hate our government ...dont hate the people.

You argument is really stereotyping... you cannot judge millions of people based upon what some tourists do or what our government does. We dont like it so much either. contrary to popular belief there isnt a lot we can do about it

I encourage you to spend some time in the American heartland, and get to know some americans

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
There are two factions in every country. The government and the citizens. The citizens of any country are just like most of us. So many people paint with a wide brush. Citizens do not have equal representation against the fascist governments and corporations that are complicit in committing crimes against humanity.

Your husband is a person of conviction to protect his own country. A hero. All veterans are. Most of us are just simply tired. Very tired of war. War is the muse of those that acquired power through money. It's become intolerable. People see through it. They are not directing hate at people like your husband. People have woken up to the war machine.

I'm a proud veteran and understand this. God bless your husband and I hope his health returns. Blessings to you OP.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join