It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Youtube Mystic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I've been noticing an increase in Youtube mystics around here in the past little while...

We've all seen them... someone that brings you a very profound message only to link a youtube video at the end... as if you ABSOLUTELY NEED to watch the video to understand such an enlightening message...

Its almost as if Youtube has become the new religion... A generation of people who get all their information from the latest Youtube revelation...

It makes me wonder, what ever happened to reading?

I picture a church sometime in the near future... Not with a cross on the roof, but a bright red sign with the word TUBE in a gleaming white lettering...

People will walk into the church and be greeted by the minister, a slick teenager handing out the days sermon, advertising the latest greatest Fail video, a Justin bieber song and several cutesy cat/dog videos...

The members will slowly file in and sit in lazyboy chairs... the walls will be covered in advertisements from Nike, and Gatorade, Oil of Olay, and Pantene... and pictures from the most recent PS4 game.

Once the congregation comes to order the minister will sit in his lazy boy chair, and hit vibrate... and with a sigh of personal satisfaction the entire room will pull the relax lever on the sides of their own chairs....

A huge screen will come down at the front of the room.... and the lights will go out....

The same bright red TUBE sign will start the show....

but first a quick advertisement from CityBank with the option to skip the add after 15 seconds at the bottom corner of the screen...

But skipping the advertisement would be sinful, so the you will watch it...

Is this where future generations are headed?

Youtubeism?

All Hail the TUBE...

edit on 16-4-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The thing about youtube is you can CHOOSE what you want to view.

Nothing wrong with youtube.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It's to the point, if I open a new thread to only see a Tube vid, and maybe a couple of sentences, the second one being to ask my opinion. I hit that little x in the corner to close that thread. Then move on to the next one.

Des

edit on 16-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You describe the bane of my avatar's existence. If someone uses YouTube to elucidate their points, it makes me wonder how much they actually understand about the subject at hand.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by Akragon

You describe the bane of my avatar's existence. If someone uses YouTube to elucidate their points, it makes me wonder how much they actually understand about the subject at hand.

I agree...

It seems the Youtube Link at the bottom of a thread almost automatically removes all credibility from what was said

edit on 16-4-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
You Tube can be a valuable tool I think, especially to watch interviews and lectures. While I understand you need to discern facts and information from any source, I think there is a trend to dismiss important research and information because it was available on You-Tube.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MountainLaurel
I think there is a trend to dismiss important research and information because it was available on You-Tube.

The purpose of this thread?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
....and I'd choose youtube over the tellies vision any day of the week.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thank you, thnak you, thank you. The sad part is....they really BELIEVE if its on YouTube...its GOT to be true and factual. The REAL THING.

Awesome point. Thanks again.....MS

new topics

top topics

join