It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saved money by switching to Geico! FOR REAL!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I had Progressive insurance for 10 yrs and was paying $176 (full coverage) for my PT Cruiser which I got in January. I paid $140 for my Mustang that I had before the cruiser and it was only basic PIP coverage (personal injury protection). I wanted to insure both cars but they wanted almost $300 a MONTH for both! Well we can't afford that so I contemplated selling my beloved Ellie or keeping her untagged and in storage aka under a tarp and in over flow parking.
I didn't like either idea because if she got stolen I was basically screwed!

Well last week I called Geico, I could kiss that little Aussie/British Gecko I tell ya, and was shocked at how much we really saved by switching! I had tried to get them before but they were really no different in price.

I had an accident last year due to a drunk driver hitting me and it caused my rates to go up again with Progressive! Gotta love FL and their no fault law! I get penalized for something I didn't even cause. The kid crossed the median into MY lane and hit me head on yet I had to pay an extra $30 bucks a month because of it.

So with Geico I have my PT insured with FULL coverage and Ellie (Mustang) has basic coverage since she is just sitting right now and it's $118 a month! I have the same coverage I had with Progressive and I still have Roadside Assistance and now i have car rental added in. I couldn't believe it! I was so happy and so was my fiancee. I think I was more happy that Ellie was insured lol and now my fiancee has a car to drive when he is home. I did lay down the rules with Ellie and to treat her nicely
Yes i love a car that much lol. Don't judge!!

SO the whole "I saved by switching to Geico" really is true! I never knew it could be!! It was actually a better deal to insure both cars. It was about $115 with just the PT and a few bucks more to add the Mustang since you get a two car deal!

If I could make a lasagna and send it to that rep I would!!! She literally saved us money every month!!

Now I know there are many factors in how much one pays for insurance, driving record, location, car and so on but it seems like Geico really does have good rates.

Anyone else save by switching to Geico?

When I called to cancel Progressive they tried ot get me to stay! I told her I was very unhappy with how they handled my accident claim and how much they wanted for both cars to be insured. I also didnt like how my payment was different every month and not by a few bucks it was usually a $10-20 dollar difference! I had them for 10yrs!! You would think I would have been some platinum member! I got tired of increasing rates basically and switched.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

haha!!

Wait I think I've seen this commercial.... and your avatar kinda looks like that gecko!!

You're not getting paid for this advertisement are you?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
wait a minute... something is not right.

What kind of man admits owning a pt cruiser?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Haha

I'll never tell!!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

I am a female!

Never assume!

I dont' know why people think I'm male lol

My username stands for Manolo Blahnik lover
He is a shoe God and I worship him...so definitely female here, plus 7mths pregnant lol

edit on 4/16/2013 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

I am a female!

Never assume!

LMAO!!

It must be the pink...

Men love pink these days...

drives me batty!!
edit on 16-4-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I get more members thinking I'm male than anything.
Time to add some red lipstick to Thor and make him Thora..

hahaha

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I get more members thinking I'm male than anything.
Time to add some red lipstick to Thor and make him Thora..

hahaha

as a matter of fact I seem to recall thinking you were male at one point in the past...

Maybe that might help...

A bit of blush... maybe a bra?

edit on 16-4-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Haha yea you did!

Oh a bra with lace might help! I could put him in a dress with lipstick and heels? lol

I had an alien avy before that I had Infaredman add lipstick to because people thought I was male then. After that i had no problems lol

The only time i had an avy of me people called me a satanic witch because I was putting up the "rock and roll" symbol aka the evil horns! lol

I guess I can't win lol

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I am a female!

Never assume!

My username stands for Manolo Blahnik lover
He is a shoe God and I worship him...so definitely female here, plus 7mths pregnant lol

edit on 4/16/2013 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

AHA! I knew it... I didnt "assume" anything. A man would never own a PT Cruiser - Or he shouldnt - or at least would never admit it so easily. Something was fishy after all...

And I was right.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Gieco was alot higher in Colorado than Progressive 6 months ago when I priced it. Go figure!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

HAHA!

I almost had milk come out of my nose from laughing

I have a PT Cruiser and a Mustang

My fiancee can drive either when he is home. (he works/lives overseas) I personally think he will pick the PT over the Mustang but don't tell him I said that! lol He has this thing with driving my Mustang. He says I'm crazy when it comes to that car and he is slightly right. It's not anything fancy but it's MINE! I always wanted one so I tend to worry when someone else drives it. They tend to want to go all race car on it for some reason. lol It's not a GT or anything but since it says "Mustang" people want to floor it and "have fun." Only I can do that!!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
Gieco was alot higher in Colorado than Progressive 6 months ago when I priced it. Go figure!

Yea I tried to switch last summer to Geico when my policy was up for renewal and Geico was MORE then, go figure! I guess I signed up at the right time.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Well, good for getting a better rate...maybe Progressive just raised it more than Geico lowered it...if you know what i mean....
Never called them, as I have heard they are high...and we need home/car coverage.

For those who are unaware:
What Geico stands for...I promise you'll be surprised if you don't know

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

haha... I didn't know that!

You realise you just might have killed hundreds of conspiracy theorists who have GEICO?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hate to spoil your party, but I suggest you take that money you're saving and put it in a very secure investment just in case you ever get hurt in an accident. Getting the gecko to pay on a claim is a torturous endeavor. And I am speaking from personal experience.

They engaged in deceit in my case and cut off payments to my very seriously injured child when they shouldn't have, according to the policy. A lawyer friend finally got them to fess up and it still took another ten months to get the money for the medical bills.

Or better yet, just never get hurt in an accident.

edit on 16-4-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Just don't get married. We were with Geico for a year, then my wife and I got married. They said we had to pay some fee to re-evaluate the policy, so we did, then they refused to renew the policy. Mind you, no tickets, no accidents, no claims, etc. What the hell? Worse yet, we PAID for them to tell us no, and without a reason?

Progressive had no problem insuring us, and for less than with Geico...so that little Gecko can get fried on a barbie for all I care...and eaten by cavemen.

Getting the gecko to pay on a claim is a torturous endeavor. And I am speaking from personal experience.

I've heard the same. Never had that issue with Progressive.
edit on 17-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Hey, that little gecko is so cute...love the commercials and all, but......why shouldn't I share that tidbit

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I never knew that!! OMG.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Well I had Progressive and had a HORRIBLE time getting them to payout on my accident claim. I only got 6k, they didn't think 10k was an acceptable amount. I was hit by a drunk driver and have medical bills and constant back problems FROM that accident. I had a horrid time with Progressive. There is a guy who drives around in truck that says "Progressive Doesnt' Pay Out Claims" on it in professional decal writing. I use to look at him and think Oh Progressive can't be as bad as the previous insurance i had 10yrs ago when i switched due to an accident that was handled horribly.

I am going to just assume that every situation is different and where you are and everything involved is a factor. I have heard people have a good experience with Gecio and other have bad experiences, same with Progressive. I did have a good first month with Progressive after my accident but they SWITCHED my agent to someone who was rude and lazy! I was constantly trying to things done and see doctors but they never returned my calls. She even had the nerve to blame the girl I worked with at the time! She said she called and left a message which I know was not true because we checked VM every morning since appts were made that way! I just really disliked them. I asked for 10k and she said that was too much. I still have bills to pay that I will never pay. I refuse to. I didn't ask to get hit by some underaged unlicensed drunk driver and I sure as hell won't pay for what he did. I will never see a dime from him either, he is in jail for years on charges from my accident and credit card fraud he was later arrested on. So yea career criminal there.

Insurance companies just aren't what they use to be. We needed to save money and insure both cars and Geico was the place that had the best rates, everyone else was about the same if not more. I was honestly surprised since i tried to switch to them last year and they were more expensive this time.

My fiancee is on the policy as a driver and we will be getting married in June when he is home. I wanted him on the policy since he will be driving either car when he is home. I am the main driver on both cars.

Sorry you had a bad experience.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join