It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ricin sent to a Senator (CNN) [Breaking news]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Breaking news.

twitter.com...

Envelope containing #ricin was addressed to U.S. senator, though we don't know which one. www.cnn.com...

More as I update.
edit on 16-4-2013 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
www.npr.org...

Quoting "congressional and law enforcement sources," CNN is reporting that an envelope sent to a senator's office has tested positive for the poison ricin.

"After the envelope tested positive in a first routine test, it was retested two more times, each time coming up positive, the law enforcement source said," CNN reports. "The package was then sent to a Maryland lab for further testing."

Quoting "two sources," Politico reports the envelope was sent to the office of Sen. Roger Wicker, a Republican from Mississippi.

edition.cnn.com...

Washington (CNN) -- An envelope that tested positive for the deadly poison ricin was intercepted Tuesday afternoon at the U.S. Capitol's off-site mail facility in Washington, congressional and law enforcement sources tell CNN.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said he was told the letter was addressed to the office of Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Mississippi. After the envelope tested positive in a first routine test, it was retested two more times, each time coming up positive, the law enforcement source said. The package was then sent to a Maryland lab for further testing.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So now we have "liberal extremists" attacking conservative senators. Hm...

Does anyone know what legislation this guy is working on? What agendas and politics ia he involved in? One would think poison like this would be sent to a higher profile senator.
edit on 16-4-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
There has been an ongoing death in Mississippi legislators. So far, 5 in 5 months.

Could this have been target number 6?

This, IMO, is every bit as alarming as the attack on Texas DA's, if not moreso, because it is getting no real press attention.

All of the dead legislators have been conservatives.

www.clarionledger.com...

In the last five months, five lawmakers have died, leaving some in
bewilderment at the state Capitol with the number of legislators
passing in such a short period of time.

The latest was Sunday, when state Rep. Jessica Upshaw, R-Diamondhead, was found dead at a residence in Simpson County of an
apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

edit on 16-4-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Liberal extremists?? Seriously??
We are as docile as a bunny rabbit. You are trippin.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
OK, I found this story and went looking for a thread to add to it and found several were locked or closed or whatever. There was no doohickey to click on so I could add content. Well I found this thread.

So here is the latest: The dude, through his lawyer, denies doing this. Not only just denies but is forcefully claiming innocence. And I got to tell ya, I believe him. Here is a guy that rants and raves on line. Has reported written letters to his congressman and Senator. So he is not afraid to say what he needs to say. If you have read his rants you know that the poor man is suffering from some type of mental disorder. He may be mad, but he is not a criminal.

They haven't collected any evidence, the cops are stalling. They got nothing on the guy.

Without further adeiu:

Through his lawyer, Paul Kevin Curtis has denied any involvement in the letters sent to President Barack Obama and Mississippi Republican Sen. Roger Wicker, as well as a third letter sent to a Lee County, Mississippi, judge.

A detention and preliminary hearing began Friday in U.S. District Court in Oxford, Mississippi, but was continued when it ran into the evening.

Link

edit on 22-4-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join