It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban pressure cookers now!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
How stupid does this sound?What if I was to say it's a common sence law to prevent further violence? How about a federal law requiring background checks on pressure cooking purchases to prevent them from getting into the wrong hands? Is it the pressure cookers fault for being used as a weapon to kill instead of being used for a stew? Funny how idiotic this sounds when you put it in prospective.

Bill

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Any excuse to bring up the gun debate. Give it a rest.

Also, what exactly were those pressure cookers stuffed full of to make them explosive?

Oh yeah... GUN POWDER
edit on 16-4-2013 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You'll either be preaching to the choir or put down for even making the comparison. FWIW, I am one who thinks that we shouldn't ban spoons because there are fat people everywhere either. The majority of the other camp will never ponder either comparison because the AR-15's blind them to everything else that might make sense.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Come on man... I love guns but... wrong place, wrong time, wrong talk.

Show some respect and some heart.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
but i need my pressure cooker to defend my rights!
i will not let them take away my right to own a pressure cooker!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
Any excuse to bring up the gun debate. Give it a rest.

Also, what exactly were those pressure cookers stuffed full of to make them explosive?

Oh yeah... GUN POWDER
edit on 16-4-2013 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

I dont think so, explosives are banned!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
While they are at it they should ban ball bearings, shrapnel and nails. Unfortunately, it is the way the leadership of our country will react. Very valid statement.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
If everyone at the marathon had carried a pressure cooker, this tragedy wouldn't have happened. That's how stupid THAT argument sounds.

I hope this thread gets 404'd.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
If everyone at the marathon had carried a pressure cooker, this tragedy wouldn't have happened. That's how stupid THAT argument sounds.

Ok- what argument are you referring to? I am a novice ATS'er and i do not know what 404 means either. Can you elaborate please?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Quite right, down with this sort of thing..
Prefer slow cookers anyday.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by k21968

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Ok- what argument are you referring to? I am a novice ATS'er and i do not know what 404 means either. Can you elaborate please?

Deleted into the depths of the abyss luvly..

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Guys I was trying to make a point, things are just that, banning a thing thinking it will make crime go away is pointless. The problem lies in people not things. I had to put this out there hoping for at least for one second someone might pause and think, maybe people are the problem,not the things they use.

Bill

join