It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE POWER OF AN IMAGE II: BOSTON...Conditioned responses or modifying behaviors?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I have one of those army beanies, very warm!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7

Guilty until proven innocent, welcome to the New America #

There's nothing new about it.

There's no such thing as the good 'ol days.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit
reply to post by abeverage

Conditioned? Are you crazy?

What would you prefer in a case of a horrible attack like that? That people can waltz in and out of sensitive areas as they please?

What most of you guys actually want would result in anarchy.

Plus you are making the very widespread error of thinking of the usa as the world basically. On other continents people have to regularly show their passports at border crossings and the like.

Yes conditioned just like Germany was YEARS before Hitler took power. Look I know what happened in Boston is a tragedy I am speaking about the power of an image and what it does to the public! And if you knew anything about your history you would not want to see images creeping in like this...

Take a long hard look at what this photo is trying to convey and then tell me about how I want Anarchy! I do not want fascism here in my country!

How am I in ERROR to not want my country to turn toward a policed state? Nor do I think there should EVER be check points within any country!

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yep, now we need to carry our ID on us 24 hours a day 7 days a week in case some gubment jackbooted thug needs to verify our identity so we can continue along with our everyday lives. I feel safer already.

Oh wait, there is one time in my day I won't need to produce any ID; when I go to vote, of course.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Good one. Post as many of these images as you can. People of the USA, you are effectively prisoners under armed guard. Good luck to you all. Check out David Ickes website for more authority incriminating photos of Boston Marathon.

Peace and Love

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Let me get this right. You would happily detain someone because of their attitude? Bearing in mind that conveying an attitude vocally is not (yet) a crime. Good one!

Facist totalitarianism anyone?

Haha
edit on 18-4-2013 by 1mabeliever because: mis-spelling

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1mabeliever

Good one. Post as many of these images as you can. People of the USA, you are effectively prisoners under armed guard. Good luck to you all. Check out David Ickes website for more authority incriminating photos of Boston Marathon.

Peace and Love

You know it's interesting. I am 39 , have lived in America my whole life, worked in the defense industry for 6 years that included 9/11 and frequently travel around the country and to Canada for either business or pleasure. Same with all my peers and at no point in those 39 years have I or anyone I have ever known experienced your description of being prisoners under armed guard.

Being asked for your ID to get into secure locations, into your work, into a hospital does not infringe upon any of your rights. I am 100% glad every time a store asks me to see ID when I want to use a credit card.

I am not saying we should not be vigilant about certain things but your description of America is not accurate.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Peace and Love

You know it's interesting. I am 39 , have lived in America my whole life, worked in the defense industry for 6 years that included 9/11 and frequently travel around the country and to Canada for either business or pleasure. Same with all my peers and at no point in those 39 years have I or anyone I have ever known experienced your description of being prisoners under armed guard.

Being asked for your ID to get into secure locations, into your work, into a hospital does not infringe upon any of your rights. I am 100% glad every time a store asks me to see ID when I want to use a credit card.

I am not saying we should not be vigilant about certain things but your description of America is not accurate.

Interesting story...
Just a few years ago I was traveling to a nearby state for business 4 days before my birthday. Now I have traveled a lot in the past but not so much now. After my training was completed and the last day of my trip it was 2 days after my birthday. I get to the airport have a wand search, strip of my coat, removed my belt and shoes. Walk through another detector and throw my computer and bag on a X-ray tray. I get out my flight papers and my wallet...
Yeah I was detained and missed my flight! BECAUSE MY LICENSE HAD EXPIRED! Pulled aside by Armed TSA! This was traveling WITHIN the USA! Ridiculous! I had to wait another 4 hours to catch another flight home!

This description of America gets more and more accurate every day! WAKE UP! Dont believe me? Go try it go travel with an expired license see how far you get...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage

Peace and Love

Interesting story...
Just a few years ago I was traveling to a nearby state for business 4 days before my birthday. Now I have traveled a lot in the past but not so much now. After my training was completed and the last day of my trip it was 2 days after my birthday. I get to the airport have a wand search, strip of my coat, removed my belt and shoes. Walk through another detector and throw my computer and bag on a X-ray tray. I get out my flight papers and my wallet...
Yeah I was detained and missed my flight! BECAUSE MY LICENSE HAD EXPIRED! Pulled aside by Armed TSA! This was traveling WITHIN the USA! Ridiculous! I had to wait another 4 hours to catch another flight home!

This description of America gets more and more accurate every day! WAKE UP! Dont believe me? Go try it go travel with an expired license see how far you get...

I don't see anything to wake up about in your scenario. If you travel/drive with a suspended license then you should expect issues.

Every flight I have ever taken I have been wand searched and had my items put on an xray tray. A couple of times I had more complete searches. One of those cases I forgot a telecom tool that had a sharp blade on it. They found that , they pulled me aside, they had me explain it, confiscated the tool and I missed my flight. I don't blame the TSA for any of that, I blame me for leaving the tool in the bag.

You shouldn't blame others because you traveled with an expired license, that was your choice and you can't honestly say that in the current state of the world it never crossed your mind that would cause a problem .

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I don't see anything to wake up about in your scenario. If you travel/drive with a suspended license then you should expect issues.

Every flight I have ever taken I have been wand searched and had my items put on an xray tray. A couple of times I had more complete searches. One of those cases I forgot a telecom tool that had a sharp blade on it. They found that , they pulled me aside, they had me explain it, confiscated the tool and I missed my flight. I don't blame the TSA for any of that, I blame me for leaving the tool in the bag.

You shouldn't blame others because you traveled with an expired license, that was your choice and you can't honestly say that in the current state of the world it never crossed your mind that would cause a problem .

So you don't mind being searched? Perhaps you need to familiarize your self with the 4th amendment. My body is my property not the states! They have violated your 4th amendment and you could care less! You had no intent with that tool but they illegal seized it from you...

That is what you need to wake from.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

So you don't mind being searched? Perhaps you need to familiarize your self with the 4th amendment. My body is my property not the states! They have violated your 4th amendment and you could care less! You had no intent with that tool but they illegal seized it from you...

Nope I don't mind being searched at the airport because I know going in that for me to use the airline system that is a requirement. It's not your right or privilege to fly but rather a service that is paid for and has certain usage requirements.

The TSA violated no rule in taking the tool I left in my bag. Allowable items are clearly stated and having flown probably over 200 times in my life I know better. I left the tool in there and they followed procedure of searching and finding something that no one should be allowed to bring on to a plane. They , were understanding and assisted in rescheduling my flight but in the end they did the correct thing by keeping the item.

You can take a stand and say that "The X-rays, wanding, search, paperwork needed to fly violates your 4th amendment . More power to you it just means you will no longer be able to pay for the service of flying.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Nope I don't mind being searched at the airport because I know going in that for me to use the airline system that is a requirement. It's not your right or privilege to fly but rather a service that is paid for and has certain usage requirements.

The TSA violated no rule in taking the tool I left in my bag. Allowable items are clearly stated and having flown probably over 200 times in my life I know better. I left the tool in there and they followed procedure of searching and finding something that no one should be allowed to bring on to a plane. They , were understanding and assisted in rescheduling my flight but in the end they did the correct thing by keeping the item.

You can take a stand and say that "The X-rays, wanding, search, paperwork needed to fly violates your 4th amendment . More power to you it just means you will no longer be able to pay for the service of flying.

Do you remember flying without all those restrictions? Are you afraid of terrorist hijacking your plane? Why do you think there were less restrictions and very few hijackings in this country? Will you submit to the same for a Bus ride? How about a taxi or going to a shopping mall?
edit on 18-4-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The sandy hook speeches were the most canned I've heard in some time. Clearing reading from a book or making stuff up LOL.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Let me get this right. You would happily detain someone because of their attitude? Bearing in mind that conveying an attitude vocally is not (yet) a crime. Good one!

Facist totalitarianism anyone?

Haha
edit on 18-4-2013 by 1mabeliever because: mis-spelling

1. You dont seem to understand that I mean no harm to any civilian, but there are times that you can answer whatever you like and there are times where some common sense should prevail. This is one of those times. An act of terrorism just happened. People are tense, identification is needed to facilitate the location and apprehension of the culprits. You want to be part of the solution and be a facilitator or part of the problem and make my job more difficult?

This is the wrong time to answer me like a self entitled jerk, besides, if you're innocent, you'll just call someone that will show up with your id and you'll be home in no time, I just dont have time, due to the current situation to deal with your self entitlement and "I have my rights" bs, and you, better than anyone, should know this. This is not the time or the place to exercise your rights - I know you have them, but please before exercising your rights, exercise your brains.

In any other situation tho I couldnt care less for your attitude.

2. Always remember one thing. Dealing with the police is one thing. You can taunt them all you want, make videos of you running around them in circles playing catch making them look like fools in front of cameras while you claim you're exercising your rights - theres clearly a difference between exercising your rights and using those rights to step on someone whos doing their job sending out a message "you and that uniform have no power over me" - and when you see those videos, that message is quite clear.
Now dealing with the army is another thing - never do to the army what you do to the police. Take my advice. Never try to taunt the army as you taunt the police because you're dealing with a different breed that guide themselves by a different set of... "rules". You'll end up with the butt of an M4 to your face and 3 or 4 pointed at you and really... dont move an inch. They're not joking and you're not worth the risk.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Well I don't think thats right just because someone has no papers or Identification what is wrong with the US. I wonder if the cops are part of all the horrific events when the Boston marathon bombing happened because I don't believe that event happened unexpectedly I think it was staged because I don't trust the media.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is one image. You need to see them all as well as the videos. It is conditioning and everyone rolled over. I would have been one of those detained. It is my home, GFY, and have a nice day.

If you are driving, or outside, I can see, in this heightened alert, what was done being done. However, I can check my own house. Like the guy who found him did. Remember that with ALL of that manpower it was not even them who found him. It was a guy going out for a smoke...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAConsumer
What If I told them, "I didnt bring my ID today, deal with it officer?"
edit on 16-4-2013 by NotAConsumer because: (no reason given)
if ... your lucky ... 24 - 72 hour detention without charge ... more likely ... permanently disappeared ...

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Imabeliever

People of the USA, you are effectively prisoners under armed guard. Good luck to you all.

Ope

I agree, that was over the top. But you can't ignore the trend towards exactly that either.
edit on 22-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I agree with you,

yes I do feel the world is getting more policed, I do think there is a lot of evidence mounting up that America is going to get very very unpleasant to move around in soon, I don’t fully trust your government.

However, being searched at the Airport, being expected to have in date ID etc. these things are nothing to complain about, if you pay for a service people can at any point change the rules of the pre-requisites of receiving that service.

If your right you feel is being taken away from you was "given" to you by governments, religious bodies or companies, they have every "right" to take them off you, if It is not a "god given” right (water, food and you could argue shelter) but in fact a Human given right then you have no argument.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I have posted before about how an image can affect the emotional state of person and their attitudes, in this thread about the spin doctors during the riots in Spain. Emotionally charging you with Anger or feelings of taking action...or feelings of disempowerment, apathy and fear!

Below is an interesting image one making the rounds after the Boston Marathon Bombing. If this bombing is discovered to be Domestic Terrorism (and with the way the media is playing it, I would count on it). I am curious if this will now become a typical sight here in Amerika? Will this image incite radicals to insurrection, bring the masses to Revolution or subdue our actions, acclimating us further to this as an everyday occurrence? Who this is pinned on and how it is labeled and then portrayed by the talking heads may very well show the way we are heading...

How do you think you should be conditioned to express your freedom, after hearing these four words?

Show us your papers!

Oh and just a nice little tie in from 4 days ago, North Carolina filed an Arizona style 'Show me Your Papers' Bill!

Hmmm 2 down only 48 left to go...

Nuff said...

edit on 16-4-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

That's a tad bit disingenous isn't it? The Bill allows for Law Enforcemetn to check immigration status AFTER they have been arrested or detained for another reason, so it is not a "stop and show me your papers" bill. Illegal aliens violate the law too and do not have the rights of citizens, so I'm not sure what the stress is.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join