It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

don't discouraged, a loving message from the Blessed Mother

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
This thread is really remarkable.

Colbe, working through her feelings of sadness, discouragement, despair, and loss brought about by Boston, posts a message which gives her strength, hope, and confidence. It's a Catholic message, but that's to be expected, colbe's Catholic. With what response?

Some of the most hateful, uninformed, bigotted, vicious comments I've seen in a long time. It's possible that the posters may be entirely different people than their words indicate, but the words are all I can see here.

These words could be heard from gangs. "Stomp him! He's not bleeding enough! He's got the wrong color hat! Make him suffer! Kick him when he's down! It's OK, he's not even a human!"

Ugly words, intolerant words, shameful words, words designed to hurt. No words to teach, learn, heal, or love, but fighting, kicking, slashing, mob words. Red words, blood words, savage words.

Colbe leads us to a small spring of water which has refreshed her and invites us to look, listen, drink in if we like. What's our contribution to this small beautiful spring? Words of pollution, urine, feces, toxic wastes. The cry goes up "Pollute the stream, poison the stream, dam the spring, rage against the spring, deny the spring exists!"

But the hate of the words causes hate's defeat. "Pollute the spring?" You can only say that if there is a spring which colbe is showing us. "Pollute the spring?" That's never said of a spring that is already polluted, only clear springs. Even the hate proves that colbe has shown us to a clear spring.

But some words can't exist in a world with clear springs. So the words escape from speakers to attack and tear down. Words like "hate," "lie," "selfishness," can't exist together with the clear stream. So the words attempt to mock, belittle, destroy. But, somehow, it never completely works. The hate words never quite destroy the spring. There are always a few who find the spring and show it to others. There have been for centuries, and there will be until the final end.

Thanks, colbe.

Hi charles, thank you>~!

You have a gift for expressing yourself. It's not easy to write what you wish to say.

I was feeling very down about Boston and a few days ago I lost a dear friend, unexpectedly.

Mary's message gives everybody consolation.

Our Lord's mother speaks through a messenger in a little town in Illinois east of St. Louis called Pana. Mary
gives a short message on Wednesdays and Sundays. Read them at the link in the OP. There is a small grotto next to the town hospital where a prayer group meets to pray the rosary. Anyone can join them to pray.

You do not have to be Catholic to pray the rosary, search a how to pray the Rosary site. I'll post one. Count each decade with your ten fingers if you do not have a rosary. Instead of doing the 5 decades, try one decade a day. It is a beginning but just do it. Mary sends you much grace when you pray the rosary. Offer it for
your personal intentions or just give it to the Blessed Mother. It takes 17 minutes to pray one mystery, one rosary.

www.rosary-center.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

Wait, are you saying you prayed to the catholics blessed mother?
Yes, she has. So have I. So have uncountable others.

Theres a god, a jesus and then a blessed mother, wouldnt god want you praying to god? I mean its bad enough most faiths have a secondary god would be the christians secondary god,
Oh, it gets worse than that, Ibndhr.
Apparently you haven't run across Trinitarianism. We've got THREE, count 'em THREE Persons, making up one God. That alone is sufficient to explain the necessity for the Jesuits, somebody has to figure that stuff out.

but now im realizing there is yet another drop in reaching god.
I don't know what you mean by a "drop." Catholics can pray directly to God, or to the dead in Heaven, or Mary, or at least some of the Angels. It's our call, depending. You might want to check the Catholic Catechism for detailed explanations.

Wow religion is so crazy.
I take it you don't have a religion.

Didnt jesus say do not worship non other then god? You went straight down to mary, your worshipping an "idol"
Sorry, we don't worship Mary, or anyone but God. We may revere her, admire her, pray to her, but not worship.

why do your faith kiss a popes ring/hand?
Why do soldiers salute generals? Why does the American president bow to foreign leaders? Why do gentlemen stand up when a lady enters the room? It's a measure of respect. Sometimes, it's also used as a gesture of submission to authority, like the soldier's salute.

Wake up your caught in a viscous relugous trap
Well, interesting opinion, but I don't see sufficient evidence for that opinion. In the immortal words of Elwood P. Dowd, "What have you got in mind?"

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

We've got THREE, count 'em THREE Persons, making up one God. That alone is sufficient to explain the necessity for the Jesuits, somebody has to figure that stuff out.

Okay, you got me curious with that statement about needing the Jesuits to "figure stuff out". so I did a quick Google search on "Jesuits and the Trinity" to try to understand your statement.

This LINK was at the top of the search page. (Yikes)

Should I be afraid of the Knights of Columbus,The Jesuits, or is this link wrong, out of date or irrelevant?

edit on 16-4-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Dear windword,

I'm soooo sorry. I'll do anything you want to make it up to you. Through laziness I misled you. Let me (shamefacedly) explain.

The Jesuits were founded in 1534, the Doctrine of the Trinity was officially declared in 325. (The good old Council of Nicea again.) So the Jesuits were not needed to explain the doctrine.

The Jesuits have always been known as scholars, arguers, and heresy hunters, among other things. What I was clumsily attempting to say was that it took a lot of serious thought to explain the doctrine and the Jesuits were the first people who came to mind. (As an aside, Arianism was the most powerful of the early heresies denying the Trinity.)

The Jesuit oath? Bogus. (Of course, who knows what really goes on? Muhahahahaha.) There was a period in American history when Catholics were widely hated and feared. Even JFK had to promise his Catholicism wouldn't get in the way of his Presidency. (And, according to stories about Marilyn Monroe and many others, it didn't.)

The Knights of Columbus? If I had to be frightened of either the Jesuits or the Knights, it would be the Jesuits. I've done some digging into the Knights and haven't found anything ATS worthy yet.

With apologies and respect,
Charles1952

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this, but I purposefully created a post like yours intentionally to see how many people would fall for it. They did. Hook, line and sinker on another website. Yes, I was being a troll.

I realize people want to look forward to a higher power, but people are easily led astray.

The comments I received on this particular post was in the hundreds. There was nothing I could say that was wrong. It truly was one of my designed experiments to call out the gullible. People will drink the kool aid. It's sad, because it shows how incredibly people are naive.

Yes, that was evil of me, but I needed to understand the gravity of zany religiosity. By no means do I disrespect those that are religious. I learned how unquestionable people are. How easily people would literally drink the kool aid or take a drug to ride a comet. How people would kill in the name of their God.

Scary stuff. OP...you are guilty of that. Just as I was. Stop trying to be special. We all are. Not just you.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I'll do anything you want to make it up to you.

ANYTHING? Lol! Let me sleep on it........

When I got to this part of one of the oaths:

"That I may go to any part of the world withersoever I may be sent, to the frozen regions of the North, the burning sands of the desert of Africa, or the jungles of India, to the centers of civilization of Europe, or to the wild haunts of the barbarous savages of America, without murmuring or repining............"

I thought it might be a tad out dated....

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

What an interesting post.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit this, but I purposefully created a post like yours intentionally to see how many people would fall for it. They did. Hook, line and sinker on another website. Yes, I was being a troll. . . .

Yes, that was evil of me . . .

How people would kill in the name of their God.

Scary stuff. OP...you are guilty of that. Just as I was.

I am glad that you are embarassed about doing an evil thing, you can't have gone so far wrong yet. I am curious about your accusation against colbe. Are you accusing her of trolling? Of doing an evil act? Of being willing to kill in the name of God? If you have no evidence of any of that, then may I suggest that an apology is in order?

By no means do I disrespect those that are religious.
I'm very glad. I take that to mean you wouldn't level blanket criticisms against religious people.

I learned how unquestionable people are. How easily people would literally drink the kool aid or take a drug to ride a comet. . . . It's sad, because it shows how incredibly people are naive.
Perhaps I spoke too soon.

Stop trying to be special. We all are. Not just you.
Say again? Where does colbe say she's special but no one else is?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Did you notice the all caps post? It's a cry for attention. Any mental health professional could rat this one out. We are all human and we are all special in our own unique way. The OP, you, everyone else and me.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SinMaker

Dear SinMaker,

I agree with you.

We are all human and we are all special in our own unique way. The OP, you, everyone else and me.

I do think you're being a little harsh with this comment, though:

Did you notice the all caps post? It's a cry for attention. Any mental health professional could rat this one out.
I noticed the all caps post (at least in the message, the rest was proper), but I also noticed that the text she was quoting was all caps. She cut and pasted it as it was. I didn't expect her to go through and uncapitalize (Is that a word?) the whole message.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Yes, I was harsh. As someone should have been of me when I did it. I'll go back to my original statement...we are all special in our own unique way. So is the OP. The OP is crying out for something. Maybe the OP needs something at this time that is critical to his/her being. Speak out please.

I wish the OP the best. We all walk the same path. Why not walk it with all of us holding hands, instead of just a few special people? After all, we all came from the same source and we all go back to that source. The good, the beautiful, the bad, the evil and the ugly.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
reply to post by colbe

A god that loves human and animal sacrafices cannot be ''all good''.

I have a sneaking suspicion that when "God" watched its human creations sacraficing Its animals and eventually ITS OWN SON to ITSELF would have had these thoughts:

They really did take me seriously and to a fanatical extreme I never imagined. Firehose timing was ill planned as it was centuries before that technology was invented (still getting a grasp on the everything happens at once theory when linear time is not a factor).

Why are the peoples (you name them) not sacrificing Bacon Product in leu of Lambs, goats highly digestible. (oh thats right, once the sacrifice is done, the in charge priests get the bodies; who are those guys). If you for one minute do not believe that animals sacraficed at Temples did not have a major meat processing plant below you would be wrong. Should be given to the poor/needy instead or hungry Americans (time travel problems again). Profit found anywhere in even the small things large pay the conical bills, even if that bill is not paid cash deposit collect to god.

Lit candles are just fine you people, and say a prayer for yourselves and loved ones do not burn your mud homes down in process thinking I will put the fire out.

You are trying too hard to worship a being that only exists as an imaginary friend, I am a fiction writer, not Non-fiction.

Once you manifest me I will appear, I promise.

edit on 16-4-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Dear windword,

You found the only real and current part of the oath.

or to the wild haunts of the barbarous savages of America, without murmuring or repining............"
I understand they'll be opening missions in Detroit, Chicago, NY, DC, and LA any month now.

Come to think of it, maybe I shouldn't be laughing.

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s. As far as "anything" goes, I probably live too far away for "anything," so you'll have to wash your own car. - C -

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
wouldnt god want you praying to god?

Scripture says we are to pray for each other. It says we are to ask others to pray for us. The 'hail mary' is nothing more than the exact words of scripture being used to ask someone - in this case, the Mother of God - to pray to god for us. Perfectly in line with scripture.

Didnt jesus say do not worship non other then god? You went straight down to mary, your worshipping an "idol"

Catholics do NOT worship Mary. Catholics ask Mary to pray to God for them .. just as anyone here will ask their friends or neighbors to pray to God for them.

why do your faith kiss a popes ring/hand?

Kissing the ring of the pope is a sign of communion with the church.

Wake up your caught in a viscous relugous trap

Wake up ... you are caught in a viscous trap of misinformation and error.
If you want to REALLY see what Catholics believe ... and not just listen to
Jack Chick tracts or to protestant ministers who don't know what they are
talking about ... then read the Catholic Catechism.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by colbe

Where was your god when the bombs went off? Where was your god when those people got killed or seriously injured? Where was your god when the planes hit the WTC, or when those gunmen unloaded on those children in Newtown? Where was your god when the Clumbine students were mown down? Where was your god when the metro in London was blown to pieces, and dozens of innocents along with it?

Thanks to the liberals, God is no longer allowed in schools nor most other public places.
edit on 4/16/13 by AnonymousCitizen because: grammar

And thank you, colbe, for relaying that message.
edit on 4/16/13 by AnonymousCitizen because: thanks

Thanks to Liberals? You don't think all the controversy surrounding the Church, forget the crusades and the witch burning, maybe the fact that if they sold some of their accumulated riches they might end poverty and feed the world - but they don't, or the on going sex scandal accusing the clergy of abusing children in their care and the church acting as accomplice by covering it up for them...you think these might have had something to do with present day views of the churches?

Liberal? Don't try to give Liberals all the credit! Why don't you say "atheists" like you mean and be more accurate? Because you have no idea what you are talking about, and because atheists will chew you up and spit you out, so you think you will simply pick on "Liberals?" LOL Ain't gonna happen.

edit on 17-4-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Thanks colbe. S&F because like you, I am tired of the bad news. Good post, great intention and a comforting message for those who want to believe and take sanctuary in their faith. I think prayers might help some of us to cope. They have always helped me although as much as I have prayed the world ALREADY should be peaceful and a better place. Peace bro. Check out this thread. It might put your smile back on. Did exactly that for her.

edit on 17-4-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Your petty little issues with the President's policy have no bearing on the fact that people died in Boston for absolutely no reason other than your deity decided his agenda was worth more than their lives. And that's why I don't believe you.

I could not have said it any better.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I am not a particularly religious person. However I have no problems with those who are. Everyone should be spiritual in however manner they choose fit. Personally, I love God for giving me the life I have.

I am going to SnF this OP just because I think its a damned shame that you post something that made you feel a little better and immediately get attacked by people who deem themselves "better" than you simply because you believe as do myself and many others that we are all interconnected as Gods children.

What started off as a nice message by the OP will degenerate as all these threads do to a bunch of non believers sprouting "I'm right, and youre stupid!" and a bunch of believers saying the opposite.

edit on 17-4-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Scripture says we are to pray for each other. It says we are to ask others to pray for us. The 'hail mary' is nothing more than the exact words of scripture being used to ask someone - in this case, the Mother of God - to pray to god for us. Perfectly in line with scripture.

Maybe you would answer for me something I have always wondered about FF, Why ask Mary or any of the Saints to pray for us? Why not just ask God directly for whatever it is we are praying about? Mary is technically not part of the trinity, she was a person just like the rest of us so why would God listen to any other people like Mary and the Saints more so than he would any of the rest of us?

Its an honest question. I am not trying to troll or anything like that but I grew up Lutheran and I don't remember covering this part in Catechism when I was younger.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
Why ask Mary or any of the Saints to pray for us? Why not just ask God directly for whatever it is we are praying about?

Do you ask others to pray for you? Your friends? your relatives?
Catholics asking Mary or the other saints to pray for them is the same thing.

Catholics go directly to God to ask for what they need.
But they also ask others to pray for them.
The living .. and those who have already gone on to heaven.

The 'Hail Mary' is a set of words that come from scripture and ask Mary to pray to God for them. It's not worshipping her and it's not making her part of the Trinity or anything. It's simply asking someone who is already in heaven to pray for them and to ask God for help for them.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Do you ask others to pray for you? Your friends? your relatives?
Catholics asking Mary or the other saints to pray for them is the same thing.

Catholics go directly to God to ask for what they need.
But they also ask others to pray for them.
The living .. and those who have already gone on to heaven.

But the people that I ask to pray for me about things are alive. Dead people cannot hear, see, smell, taste or touch, so why not just take that prayer and tell God what it is I am praying about myself? Why would he listen more to other people who are dead instead of people who are still living in this world? It just seems to me like unnecessarily having a middleman.

Again, I am not mocking you or your faith I am genuinely curious.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join