It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why we "debunk" chemtrails.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Yet you speak as if there is no doubt in anyone's mind that it IS happening right now all day, every day?

Why don't you actually read the sites I'm linking to?
www.theglobalcoolingproject.com...

The global cooling effect begins as soon as the cloudiness increases, unlike the effect of CO2 emissions working via the greenhouse effect, which develop over 50+ years. This means that increased low altitude cloud cover can have an immediate and sustained cooling effect.

To help this cooling, it is necessary to work on a big enough scale, and concentrate initial efforts in certain parts of the tropics where conditions are particularly favourable. Early indications are that the most favourable areas are semi-arid zones which have a rainy season between 300 and 1000mm, e.g. Mali, Nigeria and Senegal. In some cases some of the work may already be underway or completed, as part of agricultural improvement programmes.

For maximum impact on cloudiness, studies indicate that working in swathes of land 10km long in a chess board or fishbone pattern can be particularly effective.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Strange how they're not being very specific about Plan C.
Really? You didn't really read what was given to you there, did you?

Background to LARI

Land-atmosphere science has taken off since Randy Koster at NASA coordinated 12 teams around the world looking at the effect of soil moisture on rainfall in GLACE - the global land-atmosphere coupling experiment. Work on land surface impacts and the water cycle has been somewhat overshadowed by work on ocean-atmosphere interactions and greenhouse gases.

Further information

Read a paper about the application and economics of non-harming global cooling strategies.
Download the Global Cooling Science Dossier (pdf, 7 MB). This includes a detailed summary of the scientific research, and 112 references to peer-reviewed papers.
Read about the physical implementation aspacts.
Read about the physical science.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I do. Do you?

For maximum impact on cloudiness, studies indicate that working in swathes of land 10km long in a chess board or fishbone pattern can be particularly effective.

Swatches of land. That's ground. It's talking about rainwater capture. It's talking about agricultural practices.

edit on 4/18/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The external text you posted doesn't describe any of their ideas. It just states that they have assembled teams and are "looking".
Looking for what exactly? Where to put man-made volcanoes?
The text is vague at best and probably that way on purpose. From what I posted earlier, they actually are very concerned about alarming the public and government about their tactics, so it's perfectly understandable why they are being vague. If they start rattling cages now, how are they going to get the money they need to play gods with the environment?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I do. Do you?

Swatches of land. That's ground. It's talking about rainwater capture. It's talking about agricultural practices.

Now you're inferring that they're talking about RWH. It actually doesn't specify what they're meaning.
People have reported seeing contrails/chemtrails in checkerboard patterns, so maybe this is another purposefully vague statement.

Edit to Add: "Working with swaths of land" may mean that they're using the land as a guide for atmospheric meddling. The sky sure doesn't have many landmarks, so they would have to use the land to know where they need to direct their manipulations.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Yet you speak as if there is no doubt in anyone's mind that it IS happening right now all day, every day?

The global cooling effect begins as soon as the cloudiness increases, unlike the effect of CO2 emissions working via the greenhouse effect, which develop over 50+ years. This means that increased low altitude cloud cover can have an immediate and sustained cooling effect.

To help this cooling, it is necessary to work on a big enough scale, and concentrate initial efforts in certain parts of the tropics where conditions are particularly favourable. Early indications are that the most favourable areas are semi-arid zones which have a rainy season between 300 and 1000mm, e.g. Mali, Nigeria and Senegal. In some cases some of the work may already be underway or completed, as part of agricultural improvement programmes.

did you read your own source?

You aer apparently telling us you wouldnt put "it" past "them" to spray stuff in the atmosphere - but the "effects" noted are due tio changing Agircultural practices - new crops, new pasture/crop/herd management, etc

and increased cloud formation is occuring because of:

In dry regions that have a short rainy season, rainwater harvesting helps increase soil moisture. Increases in soil moisture bring increased growth of plants and trees. This increases cloud formation.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

The external text you posted doesn't describe any of their ideas. It just states that they have assembled teams and are "looking".
What are you talking about? The methods of the project are explained. Here...one more time for you:

What is rainwater harvesting?
Rainwater harvesting (RWH) involves lots of medium, small and micro-scale community level projects to catch and hold rainwater in the soil during rainy periods. There are broadly speaking 5 types of RWH:
Rooftop RWH - mainly for domestic use.
In situ RWH - where there is little slope and run-off of water.
Runoff RWH - where there is slopes and run-off (illustrated below)
Sub-surface dams - for sandy soils
Large catchment water harvesting - includes floodwater diversion

Looking for what exactly? Where to put man-made volcanoes?
Volcanoes? No. Looking at how soil moisture affects rainfall. Like it says.

From what I posted earlier, they actually are very concerned about alarming the public and government about their tactics
Really? Where do they say anything about alarming anyone? I must have missed that part. What they want to do is convince people that the economic costs (however slight) are worthwhile in the long run.

This is amazing. You take a ecologically sound project, actually a conservation project, and in your mind turn it into something nefarious.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Right.
I'm also well aware that shiny plants are going to be used to reflect light back into space. Even though the website doesn't mention this, I'm sure that they are planning to use these types of agriculture with particularly shiny foliage.
www.guardian.co.uk...

Experts at the University of California, Irvine, say reflective plants could send more of the sun's heat back into space, and even reverse temperature rises in parts of the world. Encouraging farmers to grow shinier crops could reduce maximum daytime temperatures in agricultural regions by as much as 1.9C, they say.

Can't we just agree that the Global Warming Project's website doesn't mention EVERYTHING they're contemplating?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Can't we just agree that the Global Warming Project's website doesn't mention EVERYTHING they're contemplating?

I don't know - what is your evidence for that?

"Cool roofs" is another reflective cooling technology that has been used already.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Edit to Add: "Working with swaths of land" may mean that they're using the land as a guide for atmospheric meddling.

No. It means agricultural practices and rainwater gathering are being applied.
Instead of concentrating on keywords, I suggest you read all of the material provided before you sound even more ignorant.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Now you're just twisting the info I presented.
Anyone who's interested can look at the following page and read what's in the right hand margin.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You mean this part?

A third approach is the use of local- and regional-scale earth restoration techniques, which seek to mimic and enhance natural processes.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

I don't know - what is your evidence for that?

"Cool roofs" is another reflective cooling technology that has been used already.

All I'm trying to say is that they aren't going to rule anything out when pulling things from their bag of tricks, so why should we be so trusting to think that they aren't above causing cloud cover in more ways than the one they're focusing on at the moment?
Mad scientists have been documented throughout history and to think that there aren't any today is ignorant.

Fact is is that Florida has been quite cool lately. Florida is included in the Global Cooling Project. It states on their site that they're concerned with the local inhabitants think about the project, yet nobody has asked me anything. So, I'm left wondering if Florida's current cool weather is caused by natural events or does the Global Cooling Project have something to do with it?
As it states on the site, certain aspects of the project are currently underway or completed. That statement just makes me a bit nervous. I like to know what's going on and I don't enjoy being deceived.
Is this going on off Florida's coasts as we speak? It's been mighty cloudy this week, but no rainfall.

We are also interested in the ongoing research on sea stratus clouds - see the article on all-disciplines collaboration by Geoff Lawton and Ray Taylor at Klima 2009.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

[
All I'm trying to say is that they aren't going to rule anything out when pulling things from their bag of tricks, so why should we be so trusting to think that they aren't above causing cloud cover in more ways than the one they're focusing on at the moment?

I have no problem with you not trusting someone/anyone.

Only with you making claims that things are actually happening without any actual evidence.

Suspicion is not evidence.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Mad scientists have been documented throughout history and to think that there aren't any today is ignorant.
Mad scientists (documentmented and otherwise) don't tend to publish a lot of their work.
Here...knock yourself out. Find something fiendish here:

The Global Cooling Project has nothing to do with "chemtrails".

Is this going on off Florida's coasts as we speak? It's been mighty cloudy this week, but no rainfall.

Do you know how to read a weather chart?

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well, so sorry to cut this conversation short, but I've got things to do.
I don't have to trust anyone and I certainly don't have to believe that anyone is revealing everything about their plans. If these "scientists" think that they're out to save the planet, I'm sure they'd be telling us everything. I bet they even wear capes to work, but I doubt they'd tell us this because the world is depending on Super Hero Scientists to "save" Earth from heating up and turning us all into Tote Toasties.

And, Phage, yes, I know how to read a weather chart. I've also been living here for long enough to know that it doesn't just get hazy here regularly when it's not expected to rain. I'm also not stating that this haze is from airplane activity either. It's simply a thick, grey cloud cover, which makes it look as though it's going to rain, but none is expected until Saturday.

Have a good night, my ever so trusting friends.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Now I'm not a climatologist, but my sister lives in Florida.
It has been cooler lately because it was winter.
Now it is getting warmer, because it is spring.
Then it will get hot, which is summer.
Then it will cool down a bit, which is fall.
Then it's going to get cooler still. Back to winter.

Really, you are reaching for everything. I read the sidebar. It sounds like the are trying to do a lot of good. It might come as a shock, but by each of us doing something small, great things can happen. They sound like they are trying to get this effect.
That you find that suspicious reflects badly on you. Not every thing someone says demands picking it apart to prove intent to do something you feel is implied, because you guess that just maybe, someone at sometime said something that was not entirely truthful, so nothing anybody says can be trusted.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

I must correct you on Florida weather:

Winter - 30 degrees in the morning 85 by noon.
Spring - Hot.
Summer - Scorching
Fall - Hot.

November - March is the only time it's tolerable here.... But even then it rains 40% of the time.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Please see operative word underlined above.
edit on 18-4-2013 by network dude because: chemtrails are fantasy.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta
They are crackpots hired to muddy the water.

This from the person who believes that HAARP is being used to shift the jet stream in order for weekends to be cooler than the rest of the week in Washington DC?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join