It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these people looting after the Boston bombings?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It's sad to see people wanting to profit after the misery of others. Throughout the world we do have real losers who will step on others to make a quick buck.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

So true and i get very angry about the nonsense. The people that do that type of thing are very selfish.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

i think that maybe they were being given away.

if you look to the left side of the screen at the very beginning to the 12 sec mark. you will see a bald head man with sun glasses standing in front of a pallet full of boxes, cutting one open and carrying to the other side and set it down and walks back to the left.

i think he is spreading it out so people don't crowd one spot.

ETA: and if you watch him you see he is walking back and forth watching the stand.

edit on 16-4-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by billy565

There is an article on the Blaze where an Indian father wanted help for his 8 month old daughter and wife were laying dead in the street. What did the people driving by do? Nothing! Just drove past him! Crazy world. I guess it makes since people want to take survival lessons. Better to look after yourself, than have others stick their nose in the air and go "hmmm" You know what I'm saying?
The Blaze Link

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
To be honest, if I had the opportunity to take a jacket, I would too. Come on, don't let emotions cloud common sense, those babys will sell for hundreds if not thousands in a few years time.
edit on 16-4-2013 by JustTheMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustTheMan
To be honest, if I had the opportunity to take a jacket, I would too. Come on, don't let emotions cloud common sense, those babys will seel for hundreds if not thousands in a few years time.

that's just a sad excuse for being a HUMAN BEING, PROFITING OFF OF THE MISERY OF OTHERS. YOU BETTER NOT LET ME FIND YOU DOING THIS. YOU WON'T HAVE ANY N---S LEFT.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It just shows how mesed up our world has become. Greed rules the world. We all know this. Its the cause of some of our most recent wars. Your dealing with people who will invade countires and kill for oil. Do you really think they would blink twice over stealing some coats?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Does look a little cold out.....

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

While it is clear from the video that some people were grabbing more than one jacket, some commenters have disputed their motives, including one YouTube commenter who said he was there.

"They were grabbing the jackets to use as tourniquets you idiots!" wrote spicymeatsandwich. "That's the reason I grabbed an entire boxful, plus you can see me heading right back towards the injured."

Another commenter, Sim Salabim wrote people were taking the jackets " "to comfort the injured or those who could not go back to the hotel."

"Yes, some people took advantage of it, what can you do," he wrote, in a now-deleted comment, "but it's not looting what you see."

Gawker, which has concluded the video does not show looting, wrote:

"Indeed, the unhurried, casual pace of the crowd doesn't suggest that they thought the were engaged in an illicit activity. It's certainly possible, we suppose, that a large crowd of people could unanimously elect to browse, at a leisurely pace, a bunch of merchandise and steal it in full view of cameras and in the midst of an overwhelming police presence. But it seems far more likely to us that they were given the impression that the jackets were being made available for free."

Read more: www.upi.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

but I assure you, most folks in the video were stealing sir!

Hmmmm,

Which one were you?

Or

you will see the looks on their faces. Stealing pure and simple.

Do you make a similar face when you steal?
edit on 16-4-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustTheMan
To be honest, if I had the opportunity to take a jacket, I would too. Come on, don't let emotions cloud common sense, those babys will seel for hundreds if not thousands in a few years time.

You have a point. If the event staff offered up the atire for free I would have gotten one also.

Lol, we both would have been video'd and the judge, juror, executioners here on ats would have been trying to

have us tar'd-n-feathered for stealing. Hahaha only to find out later that intact the atire was free.

Hahaha.....how many so called witches were drowned, hung, burned or tortured back in the days?!?!

Oh but they had to have been witches, check out the look on thier faces!!!!

And if not.....oh well. Sucks to be them right. Right!

Wrong.

Being evil is and ignorant bliss at times.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
reply to post by Mianeye

WTH r u questioning? Those people r evil and looting.

Damn them to hell

When captured will burn at the stake

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Calm down they're only a few jackets, in fact, I think it's quite disrespectful that you lot are all paying attention to a few jackets when 3 people lost their lives and nearly 200 injured. Have some respect for the dead, yeah?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

looks like you are right, we werent there, it could be that the officials said yeah sure w/e take it.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JustTheMan

I have to agree its just a coat left unattended and they were probably Boston promotional jackets given to the runners. If not it was a street vendor there for profit.

Relax and don't hang anyone by their toenails people...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by JustTheMan

you show some respect for the dead in stead of making the comment on how much more they would be worth.

and if you read all of my post you would see that i said it appears to be they were given away.

and not that i wanted to grab some so i could profit on the death of others as you did.

i have no tolerance for people who would profit from the death of others, or even joke about it.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I wish I could tell which direction they were headed (The majority). I can't see any distinguishable landmarks that look familiar. Then maybe I could believe the way they were heading was back the scene to help the wounded, families, friends. It was a bit cool out.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I would have taken a free jacket myself, to remember the tragedy.

sadly enough you know everyone who got a jacket probably posted a pic on facebook to get some cheap likes and pokes or w/e.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I will say this again, please remain calm; people lost the lives here for crying out loud and all you can talk about is a few measly jackets.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Originally posted by billy565
reply to post by Mianeye

WTH r u questioning? Those people r evil and looting.

Damn them to hell

When captured will burn at the stake

thanks burning them at the stake is a bit less than what i planned but okay burning sounds good 2 me.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join