It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Volunteers needed for Mars Reality TV show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
www.geekosystem.com...

If the idea of colonizing Mars sounds like a great time to you this just might be your lucky break, it's a 1 way ticket to Mars with 3 others that will be voted in to be sent to Mars. No idea if you even need qualifications but it does sound lucrative with the pay per entry system, so pony up those ducats and get your space cowboy hat buckaroo.

You just need to beat the voting system and you're one step closer to Marvin.

Thread already made, disregard this thread, it should be removed soon.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

What happens when the bump into our Curiosity rover on set?
LoL

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm curious as to how they intend to dispose of human waste and their own trash, would it be incinerated, buried, or jettisoned back to earth or into space.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would so be up for this! Yeah it woud be hard work, but think about the monumental step it would mean for humanity as a whole! We get a whole new planet to mess up >.>
edit on 16-4-2013 by Archenfel because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ending up in Mars with a bunch of Jersey Shore rejects or Bad Girls club antics is going to turn into one hot mess of a trip up there.

Hopefully they have some sense and pick people that can truly make something worthwile as the new inhabitants, otherwise, its going to be a disaster.

Or possibly funny trying to see all that nonsense go down !

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes
I'm curious as to how they intend to dispose of human waste and their own trash, would it be incinerated, buried, or jettisoned back to earth or into space.

I think almost all human waste would need to be recycled -- especially for the purpose of reclaiming the water from human waste to be reused, such as for drinking water.

Water is one of the heaviest things a manned spaceship needs to carry, and it would be essential for a Mars mission to not waste any of it. They can do this by keeping the water in a closed system (use, recycle, reuse, repeat cycle).

edit on 4/16/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Knives4eyes

I'm sold! Changing name to Marvin!

Need to get off this rock soon

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If it was my family of four that got to go then id be down, but otheriwse I think it's only a one way ticket and I couldn't leave my family knowing that i'd never see them again.

But how very cool otherwise, good luck to all who enter.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

Well I imagine if you were to get chosen within 2 years they would launch an advertising campaign to see if viewers would wish to see cast members with their entire families or loved ones.

Every 2 years after the project initiation they send up more volunteers.

new topics

top topics

join