It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California is so broke they are not paying Workmans comp to the Feds!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
However they are still charging it! To top it all off because the Feds are not getting it from California they are taking it directly from businesses! This is first hand information from the Regional Manager of a National restaurant chain.

The restaurants are paying twice with no option to do anything else. I have tried to find some links to support this thread but I am not getting much. Although I do consider the GM of this National Chain a pretty good one!

Anyone find anything on this or is it completely not in the Media. California is incredibly broke.........

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Unlike most social insurance programs, workers' compensation benefits are not administered by a government agency. They are administered primarily by insurance companies and those employers secure enough to self-insure their workers' compensation liability.

www.dir.ca.gov...

I'm thinking possibly the workmans comp insurance premium did not get paid, and the employer is now liable for the injuries.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Why dont most states have a savings account?

How can such a large influential state with with a lot of rich and powerful people, run their state into
the ground; while at the same time neglecting to make wise decisions for the state?

Political gains should have no foothold over monetary decision making for members of your state.

Thats my position anyways.,
edit on 16-4-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Workmans comp is not a government agency.. it is through an insurance insurance company... just like your "group health" insurance though work. It is not government. It is government regulated (to make sure the rules are followed) just like health insurance is, but is not a government agency.
edit on 16-4-2013 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
They are our most populous state, if California went bankrupt the entire country would follow... They are our biggest shipping hub with China.

California is definition to big to fail... than again maybe they want it to so the Feds can take it over.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917

Unlike most social insurance programs, workers' compensation benefits are not administered by a government agency. They are administered primarily by insurance companies and those employers secure enough to self-insure their workers' compensation liability.

www.dir.ca.gov...

I'm thinking possibly the workmans comp insurance premium did not get paid, and the employer is now liable for the injuries.

My point is not that is just did not get paid. My point is that the Feds are getting from the businesses that already paid into it. Hence the Government is double dipping. When stores are forced to pay twice something is seriously wrong.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

Originally posted by tinker9917

www.dir.ca.gov...

My point is not that is just did not get paid. My point is that the Feds are getting from the businesses that already paid into it. Hence the Government is double dipping. When stores are forced to pay twice something is seriously wrong.

The Federal Government does not get paid the workman's comp premiums so i think this whole story is hogwash.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This thread makes no sense... How did you connect the Feds with Workman's Compensation

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

The State is not making their payments into Workmans Comp insurance despite still collecting it. The Feds in turn are making those payments, but collecting the money from the business's to make them. The GM I spoke with said that their corporate office in Houston is trying to figure out what to do about it. The Stores are getting double hit for Workmans Comp payments.

The RM that told me about this works for the Claim Jumper. I have no proof other than he had no political or personal reason to tell me such a story. that is precisely why I said I had no proof but would love to find some other than what I was told.

new topics

top topics

join