It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Bombs Made From Presure Cookers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Fox News just mentioned that the once banned book, "The Anarchists Cookbook" contained instructions on how to make a pressure cooker bomb.

I thought the book was still banned?

Either way, i wonder if we'll see sales of the book rise now that Fox has told everyone where to get instructions.

Then we'll see ER visits rise because of how unstable a lot of the instructions are supposed to be in it.

CX.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
So, the lids popped off? That's what we're essentially saying. I mean, the pressure cooker has a lid that is usually elliptical, so you angle it to close it, allowing the wider brim of the lid to fit securely under the narrower opening in the pot. Then, there is usually some safety clam and a pressure release valve (like a whistle) on top, from which a controlled amount of pressure/steam is allowed to escape.

Sometimes people over do it, not sure how, maybe to much liquid/too high a temperature, and the lid blows off. The whole damn thing doesn't explode. I would assume the result would be similar in the case of explosives, right? So which ever way the opening was Angeles is the direction the explosive force is released (though I imagine the actual cooker would travel the opposite direction for a time until the energy was all used up).

I'd been wanting one of these recently to make beans. I learned from brazilians. Anyway, I was at Walmart today and thought, crap, if I were to buy one now, I'd totally get dirty looks, if not get someone calling about me.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I propose we put a ban on ALL pressure cookers, because everyone knows that it’s not the person with the pressure cooker who’s killing people, it’s the pressure cooker..

edit on 17-4-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
what happened to the reports of multiple devices (beyond the two that took place) reported extensively by the MSM, and on radio scanner at the scene?

Or did that just go away..

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

I propose we put a ban on ALL pressure cookers, because everyone knows that it’s not the person with the pressure cooker who’s killing people, it’s the pressure cooker..

Actually I think its pressure cooker capacity that should be limited.

Say any pressure cooker bomb below two quarts? Anything above should be banned.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Trust American MEDIA To let all the nutjobs know how to do something similar.

I wonder if they'll track the increase in pressure cooker sales now.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Fox News just mentioned that the once banned book, "The Anarchists Cookbook" contained instructions on how to make a pressure cooker bomb.

I thought the book was still banned?

Either way, i wonder if we'll see sales of the book rise now that Fox has told everyone where to get instructions.

Then we'll see ER visits rise because of how unstable a lot of the instructions are supposed to be in it.

CX.

I own a copy already that my dad gave to me when he retired from the sheriff's department.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion

Well obviously. Everyone knows that in this day and age after years of ongoing gun debates.

And if it turns out a cell phone was used to detonate the device then we should push for legislation making background checks mandatory for all cell phone purchases.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
what happened to the reports of multiple devices (beyond the two that took place) reported extensively by the MSM, and on radio scanner at the scene?

Or did that just go away..

No, anything that remotely looked conspicuous in those first few hours was reported as a suspicious package. I'm sure the bomb squads had to inspect dozens during the justifiable panic that the city was in initially.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

whoever did this didn't intend to kill many people, it was meant to scare.

i think pressure cookers were used to form a link to terrorist activities. one could cause much more damage and many more casualties with a pressure cooker in a different configuration.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogicGrind

Yes, those types of bombs have been used in Afganistan/Pakistan...and I'm willing to bet just about every other type of bomb has also been used in Afganistan/Pakistan.

I find it odd some people are trying so hard to pin this on certain groups. The truth is that we have absolutely no idea who is responsible for this. Yes, it could be radical Muslims...but it may not be...it may be a radical Hindu for all we know...it may be a lone psycho...it may be a former OWS member...it may be a Tea Party member...we have zero idea as to who it is.

So my question is why are some people trying so hard to automatically blame Muslims for this?

20718 reasons to do so.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

whoever did this didn't intend to kill many people, it was meant to scare.

i think pressure cookers were used to form a link to terrorist activities. one could cause much more damage and many more casualties with a pressure cooker in a different configuration.

Absolutely false, this weapons and the placement of them in a heavily populated venue or location is for the exact purpose of inflicting mass casualties.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
they probably used what they used to point blame towards islamic jihad groups.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
they probably used what they used to point blame towards islamic groups.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Absolutely false, this weapons and the placement of them in a heavily populated venue or location is for the exact purpose of inflicting mass casualties.

which is why 3 people died from two bombs. yes, over 100 were wounded, some quite seriously, but most by bits of shrapnel. nothing incredibly fatal.

i'm not going to discuss possible builds because it is only destructive, but the event was huge and many more could have easily been killed if that is what they desired.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join