It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Bombs Made From Presure Cookers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The explosives used in the deadly Boston Marathon bombing were contained in 6-liter pressure cookers and hidden in black duffel bags on the ground, a person briefed on the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

One of the explosives contained shards of metal and ball bearings, and another contained nails, the person said.

A second person briefed on the investigation confirmed that at least one of the explosives was made out of a pressure cooker. Both spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.

Now where have we seen this before? How about back in 2006 along the Pakistan/Afghanistan border.

2006 Pressure Cooker Bombs

NEW DELHI: Terrorists in camps purportedly operating along the Baluchistan border between Pakistan and Afghanistan are being trained in making and exploding pressure cooker bombs, which were used in the Delhi blasts last year and at least in two explosions in Varanasi this past Tuesday.

During interrogation, Mohammad Ibrahim, who was arrested for his involvement in the Special Task Force office blast in Hyderabad in October last, allegedly disclosed that he along with several others from Hyderabad and Ahmedabad had been sent to the Baluchistan border camp via Bangladesh to undergo training in the handling of explosives, arms and ammunition.

The "course" also included the manufacturing of pressure cooker bombs fitted with clock-timer, similar to the one used in the improvised explosive device defused at Godolia in Varanasi on Tuesday.

So here is a possible connection from the technology used for the recent bombings to the Pakastan/Afghanistan border region.

Too bad we don't have some kind of earthquake-making HAARP thing to extract our retaliation. Oh, wait...More AP

edit: Nah, it's probably a group of right-wing radicals. Now we won't be able to bring our pressure cookers through public transportation and sporting events. This is why we can't have nice, canned things.

edit on 4/16/13 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I love that article.

Typically, these bombs are made by placing TNT or other explosives in a pressure
cooker and attaching a blasting cap at the top of the pressure cooker.

Because a stick of dynamite is worthless until you put it into a pressure cooker.

Since the available information basically says "put explosives in cooker" I'm guess the only purpose of the cooker is to sent shards of metal flying once the explosive blows?

Seems that referring to these things as "pressure cooker bombs" is a little disingenuous.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

i was wondering what kind of bombs went off. thanks. also nice find on the earthquake over there

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Yes, those types of bombs have been used in Afganistan/Pakistan...and I'm willing to bet just about every other type of bomb has also been used in Afganistan/Pakistan.

I find it odd some people are trying so hard to pin this on certain groups. The truth is that we have absolutely no idea who is responsible for this. Yes, it could be radical Muslims...but it may not be...it may be a radical Hindu for all we know...it may be a lone psycho...it may be a former OWS member...it may be a Tea Party member...we have zero idea as to who it is.

So my question is why are some people trying so hard to automatically blame Muslims for this?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So now the government will want to remove cookers lol

good luck americans - afterall youre, not to be trusted ! Kids feh!
edit on 16-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Seems like media is relentless in tying this with a middle eastern country. Possibly Iran.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicGrind

They are pointing the blame because they dont know who did it.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Since the pressure cookers have been identified in the loss of life and limb, there should be legislation that put into place a series of checks and balances to keep these weapons from being put into the hands of criminals. Background checks for anyone that purchases cook ware. Of course we need to put into place the appropriate fees and taxes to fund this new proposition. /end sarcasm

Just because this was something that happened in Afghanistan in 2006 does not mean it was the work of any ME group or person. It could just as likely be some disgruntled moron that was home grown.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I call these types of explosives "Pipe Bombs".

Crude, cheap, easy to assemble, yet effective.

The shrapnel makes it a powerful anti-personnel weapon.

It's popular with terrorists because of how easy it is to build and deploy.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Oh yeah, and isn't it funny how the MSM gets to use Anonymous Sources all the time?
And we take it without question?

But if I posted like that here on ATS, saying "Anon Sources told me so and so", I would get laughed out of here so fast it isn't even funny.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
As I said early on yesterday, Pakistani Intelligence (and their terror cell connections) is one of the very few groups who fit the MO. These groups have made similar style attacks in India. I'm not sold on anything yet though. Still watching.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
from the smoke that looked like a very low grade black powder or fertilizer bomb
the pressure cooker would do just that: allow the pressure to build then explode harder

it looks like the press is hinting at right wingers
the press isn't showing anything that indicates they authorities knew ahead of time

Eyewitness: Authorities “Must Have Known” About Bombing

www.infowars.com...

I also heard on AJ's show that the army runners were pulled out ahead of time

look for this bombing thing to become a real popular pastime with the nwo types like it was in Ireland, and everywhere else the empire wants to be in charge
edit on 16-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Seems like media is relentless in tying this with a middle eastern country. Possibly Iran.

So if an Iranian in USA did do it, does that mean automatically the Iranian government paid him to do so?

I don't blame the country.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by luciddream

So if an Iranian in USA did do it, does that mean automatically the Iranian government paid him to do so?

I don't blame the country.

guess if someone whants to blame the country:
where did Tim VcVeigh come from?
the US government

who trained the 911 Hijackers?
the USA

who didn't do 911?
SaddamHusein

oh well so much for regime change

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
As I said early on yesterday, Pakistani Intelligence (and their terror cell connections) is one of the very few groups who fit the MO. These groups have made similar style attacks in India. I'm not sold on anything yet though. Still watching.

Hmmm...The biggest thing keeping me from leaning toward a me terrorist is the lack of a claim. Maybe they've finally figured out that when they take credit drone strikes occur shortly thereafter.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Actually pipe bombs is right, only the size is different, funny but this type of bombing is the trademark of the IRA, normally I would dismiss that thought instantly but just recently the IRA lost a case in Boston, where the US Supreme court rejected an appeal to keep some interviews that IRA members had made secret and said they had to be handed over to British police, something the IRA desperately want to avoid.

Link

Could it be retaliation for this? Too early to say but my spider senses are tingling about it. There is a large Irish contingent in Boston too.

No doubt time will tell

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
All those $Trillions spent on invading foreign nations, the CIA, FBI, TSA, DHS, PATRIOT Act I and II, Fusion Centres, surveillance of everything the American people say, do and where they go.... and for what?

I'd be asking for a freakin' refund!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
One thing does not fit, this is not a typical attack, only 2 bombs made in a fashion by anyone, anyone could make, and on one side. Some thing is not right about this. it does smell like a False Flag event , now whom are we facing as a new threat? One that is in the news almost daily, that says they will use nukes and make US pay for their insults.
Just something to think about

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
from the smoke that looked like a very low grade black powder or fertilizer bomb
the pressure cooker would do just that: allow the pressure to build then explode harder

it looks like the press is hinting at right wingers
the press isn't showing anything that indicates they authorities knew ahead of time

Eyewitness: Authorities “Must Have Known” About Bombing

www.infowars.com...

I also heard on AJ's show that the army runners were pulled out ahead of time

look for this bombing thing to become a real popular pastime with the nwo types like it was in Ireland, and everywhere else the empire wants to be in charge
edit on 16-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

Those were my thoughts exactly. Someone mentioned smelling cordite at the scene, which at first made no sense as cordite would seem to be a bad choice for explosives, but if there was something (like a pressure cooker) that would allow the relatively slow burning material to build up pressure before exploding it would seem to improve the blast of the bomb. Still seems like an odd choice... regular old black powder would have made more sense.

I have no idea if the Cordite thing is even true, but either way, the explosions did not look like any sort of high explosives, to me at least.

edit on 16-4-2013 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
I call these types of explosives "Pipe Bombs".

Crude, cheap, easy to assemble, yet effective.

The shrapnel makes it a powerful anti-personnel weapon.

It's popular with terrorists because of how easy it is to build and deploy.

I am so happy to see someone call this what it is.

These bombs are nothing more than glorified pipe bombs. However, this type of weapon is not exclusive to foreign terrorist. Just about any kid in rural Oklahoma and Kansas can make one.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join