It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anybody notice DHS or CERTS on scene at Boston Bombing?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Perks of the Homeland Security Job.....Free shoes and sport clothes
I suppose Homeland security went out and bought them instead of the company donating them, that is how the government works

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
All spooks on deck. Lets begin this new campaign.

God and Country.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

ahh... good point.

Better yet, they probably footed the bill for the whole thing lol. I heard they're trading it for hollow point ammo.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm not trying to nit pick your OP but I thought the home of the DHS is in DC.....not Clarksville? I am sure given the back 40 in Ft. Campbell DHS might do a chunk of their training there, but I wasn't aware Clarksville was the "home" of DHS?

And if the entire town had been shut down, I'm pretty sure my crazy mom would have called me freaking out. ( my conspiracy skills got nothing on that woman....)

I'm not trying to doubt you either or sidetrack the thread....just wanting to know more information!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

Well in Tennessee the DHS is allowed some of the same powers as police. The pull cars over on the interstate and search their vehicles. It is only one of two states in the US where they have that kind of authority, sorry I forgot the other state, not sure about DC but Im pretty sure they are eyeballing Colorado right now.

Anyways, because of the rivers and typography of Clarksville I said it was shut down because there was no was in or out without getting caught in the traffic. If you had lived their you wouldn't have noticed as it was on a saturday or sun day and it was two summers ago, just to correct my op, not sure if they had run that scenario ever since or not.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

Thanks for the response! I do know the back 40 between Montgomery and Stewart counties is a huge chunk of land and it is technically ft. Campbell which is a army post so it would make sense they would stage drills there, but I swear I don't remember my mom telling me of any drill within the city of Clarksville itself.

And I didn't know the state of TN gives DHS that much authority either.....it is surprising to me because usually tennesseans are of a pretty libertarian bent and do not like the federal govt bearing down on their state's authority.

However, considering such sites as Oak Ridge, Tullahoma and Ft. Campbell maybe there is a reason why DHS would be given such authority! Yikes!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Whenever you have a big event like a marathon or triathlon, you have medical tents to help people.

Many people drop on the courses.

Goto an event and look in the med tent sometime, you might be surprised.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I think Tennessee is like a testing ground where they can run these scenarios on US city streets, unlike the military. There proximity to military bases allocates them military resources making them the Federal go to guy for a service that is in between police and military resources.

They will try to get power in more states and maybe someday god forbid our military.

Scary times we live in.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

Well I'm getting ready to head back to good ol clarksvegas so if I notice anything besides all the regular military shenignans I'll give you a holler, ok?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Well, i'll head over by China lake and see if there missing there deep bore underground drill. I'll hit you back up on here if they are so everyone else will no too.
edit on 16-4-2013 by spartaocean because: grammar

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Im sure dhs was busy raiding stores for counterfiet merchandise..

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
People really seemed to be confused about DHS. DHS is an umbrella for several agencies. Be it Coast Guard, TSA, Customs, Border Patrol, FBI, FEMA etc. Many states also have their own state Homeland Security that does the same at the state level. DHS "agents" do not really exist. They are members of one the agencies in DHS. They fall under DHS like the FBI falls under DoJ. So if you want to know who or what kind of presence you would find from DHS then you look at what falls under it. When you look at who is in DHS it becomes unlikely they would have any presence at all. Now the state has a Homeland Security and Emergency Management department and no doubt they would have people at such an event.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Here are my thoughts on this subject. In my understanding the police do go through this type of training and should be able to respond accordingly. But it seems to me like Boston PD and Emergency crew was lacking of authority or leadership. For instance if it was a biological attack. They should have quarantined the area buying time to construct a hazardous materials team. The NG should have helped secure the area.
edit on 16-4-2013 by txinfidel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by spartaocean

Ease up on the guy, spart. Some people have a pathology that forces them to climb their soapbox and spout drivel while the blood is still flowing and 8 year olds are still dying These people can usually be identified by their addiction to using acronyms and dog whistle code words. Look in the dictionary under Alex Jones.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I personally know several of the people working in the tent at the finish line. They are volunteers and have non governmental jobs. Yes they get a free jacket from this race

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join