It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something that just came through the scanner, nyc

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
So I check local news, and see Laguardia Airport was evacuated due to a suspicious package.

AbcNews

They just got an all clear minutes ago but thats not what Im referring to. As soon as I saw the breaking news, I immediately put on the scanner to get updates. In upper Manhatten, they are actively searching for an "Arabic" man in a Jeep for "info". I doubt this is related to the Airport but today is noticeably different as far as police being ramped up, helicopters, etc. Who knows what this is related to but this was less than 10 minutes ago over the scanner. 11:30 ish. I just wanted to put this out there because you never know. Things are crazy, and I have never really heard anything like that over the scanner.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Im still listening but for anyone interested here is the link for the scanner

Nypd scanner feed

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Paranoid idiots jumping at shadows just like after Newtown every stick, umbrella, ski rack, ski, pole etc... got a school locked down.

Nobody thinks about elevators falling until one does then that's all anybody can think about for a few weeks.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
you just described every NYC cab driver! Seriously,lets do the investigation before we go off half cocked. If you recall,after 9/11,there was a man shot for wearing a turban.He was a business owner from India.Everyone calm down

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

tsk tsk people have a right to think what they want and you calling people idiots says nothing good about you

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Doesnt make them any less idiotic.

Wait, I think there's an unattended bag on that bench over there. OMG!! Homeland Security!!!! Quick!!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

you just described every NYC cab driver! Seriously,lets do the investigation before we go off half cocked. If you recall,after 9/11,there was a man shot for wearing a turban.He was a business owner from India.Everyone calm down
reply to post by blkcwbyhat

Did it sound like I was freaking out? I did say I wanted to put it out there, and gave a reason....

Not OMG!!!! THEYRE SEARCHING FOR AN ARABIC SOMETHINGS ABOUT TO HAPPEN!!! OMG WHAT TO DO?!?!

I am simply putting out there what I just heard. Think of it like this, if they put out there on the news, you heard it here first.

gosh

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I am in no way implying anything but if you heard they were actively searching for a "Caucasian" man in a Jeep for "info" - would you have still posted this thread?

Of course activity is increased in all major cities around the country today. It is part of the overall plan that IMO is quite effective. A few attacks here and there and now the country is spending billions of dollars (they don't have) on increased security every place you look. Everyone seems to look for 'terrorists' and bombs while the economy is steadily faltering as a side effect... or is it really the main plan all along?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Doesnt make them any less idiotic. Wait, I think there's an unattended bag on that bench over there. OMG!! Homeland Security!!!! Quick!!!!!

And it doesnt make you more smarter or less ignorant so can you add your thoughts without name calling?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Not that I don't understand your comedic banter on said subject. The officer's are doing there job. That's all. And why shouldn't they be on over alert? Honestly, I could say that anyone would be acting the same way if they were in law enforment. You think there over reacting? Some would say they are under-reacting. Ah~ the beauty of the double edged swrod.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Doesnt make them any less idiotic.

Wait, I think there's an unattended bag on that bench over there. OMG!! Homeland Security!!!! Quick!!!!!

Said ignorrance.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I get the cops are just doing their job. A problem in itself. It's these everyday peons who freak out and call them that drive me nuts.

Remember the Cartoon Network ads in Boston that freaked out some nagging ninny and brought the National Guard and the FBI into town?

Remember the spilled flour in the market parking lot in New Haven that brought in the National Guard and the FBI?

Statistically the day after the bomb is no different that the day before the bomb and the day of the bomb isnt even all that different than either the days before or after.

Yet people went to sleep last night and woke up this morning thinking the world has fundamentally changed. Ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I am in no way implying anything but if you heard they were actively searching for a "Caucasian" man in a Jeep for "info" - would you have still posted this thread? Of course activity is increased in all major cities around the country today. It is part of the overall plan that IMO is quite effective. A few attacks here and there and now the country is spending billions of dollars (they don't have) on increased security every place you look. Everyone seems to look for 'terrorists' and bombs while the economy is steadily faltering as a side effect... or is it really the main plan all along?
reply to post by fenceSitter

Im gonna be honest, no I wouldnt have posted. I also dont think it was any "saudi" or "arabic" or whatever term they want to use that was involved yesterday either. Thats just what they put out there to the public. Listen I dont think theres a man running loose looking to blow things up or a man in nyc thats being chased before doing something terrible. Im passing what I hear. I listen to it all the time and to hear that today, I thought the timing was right for crap like this. I also agree if that was the plan, to keep people entertained while everything is crashing, that it is definitely working,

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I understand and agree there are many derelict civillians out there who waste the publics taxes sending police on dog chases and powder spills mistaken as only god knows what. But the over stimulated masses are acting this way because everyone has there, "I found something" glasses on. Can't blame them for not wanting something like this to happen again. Imagine how many false flag phone calls a 911 operator gets and how do they decifer which one is true and who's just making shenanigan calls.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Imagine how many false flag phone calls a 911 operator gets
reply to post by sulaw

This is why I didnt even say anything about the Airport. They gets sooooo many calls on suspicious packages, literally everywhere. I couldve came here with a thread saying

"OMG ELECTRICAL DEVICE FOUND IN AIRPORT, WIRES STICKING OUT WITH A BAG O WEED OMG"

I can listen to the scanner for an hour and hear about 5 calls within that hour on suspicious packages. It does get ridiculous. It was trying to get the update on that, that I came across the alert.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Really some comments here...

Back on topic... Thanks for letting us know and putting it out there.

Also, thank you for the link for the police scanner.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by FrankLY

Thank you kind one

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter

I am in no way implying anything but if you heard they were actively searching for a "Caucasian" man in a Jeep for "info" - would you have still posted this thread?

Of course activity is increased in all major cities around the country today. It is part of the overall plan that IMO is quite effective. A few attacks here and there and now the country is spending billions of dollars (they don't have) on increased security every place you look. Everyone seems to look for 'terrorists' and bombs while the economy is steadily faltering as a side effect... or is it really the main plan all along?

A White guy in a Jeep, say it isn't so!

Yes that's just silly.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

How long has it been since the Anthrax attacks by mail? Over a decade? Now load the following site

Global Epidemic/Disease Index

and look toward the bottom for the category headed "Biological Incidents/ Threats/ Anthrax Hoaxes etc".

It's showing some of the suspicious package activity but it's ALWAYS showing "White Powder" response events with real and expensive resources being called out on them. All from.....what again and how long ago? I think Boston just spawned a whole new endless wave of 'package paranoia', whether fully justified or not and for MANY years to come.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
R we under attack again?..All the info is so confusing..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join