It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noticing a bad trend on ATS, it's sad...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Danbones

That's a pretty vapid ad hominem position to take.

ATS had posting standards before I was here. ATS will have those standards long after I am gone. These standards have nothing to do with censorship and everything to do with decorum and civility.

It's been said a thousand times... there are countless sites that do allow for the low hanging fruit discussions. ATS is simply not one of them.

content is ad hominem?

ok Hef lets do it your way here is some low hanging fruit for you

Planting the Seed of Propaganda: Media Repeatedly Suggests Patriots are Responsible for Boston Marathon Bombing

www.theorganicprepper.ca... 3

hey how about that wounded saud that they tackled running from the bomb bleeding?
is that who we should hang this on?

I said content
you know
this sight is the one championing low hanging fruit right now

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Let's just say that when a legit view may come to light that it is imperative to have a hundred false views already at the forefront so that by the time anything credible is discussed it is already thrown in the bin with the rest of the garbage. In my opinion, what is important about tragedies like these is the response; will the tragedy be a convenient excuse to invade an oil rich nation or further erode constitutional liberties? Anyways about 99% of the articles and posts are total garbage, and I would guess that about half of those are actually paid to steer the discussions that way.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Thank you for posting.

I agree with you, many people are jumping to conclusions too quickly. Not long after the thread was started (The Boston Marathon thread, but your point is valid for any event
) there were already allegations of false flags and accusations of all sorts.

Granted this is an alternative media website filled with people who read about conspiracies of all kinds every day, it's easy to jump to conclusions for some when you're immersed in these subjects often.

For crying out loud, the news had JUST broke out over social media, injured were still lying on the ground as the internet buzzed with the sound of "False Flag!" like some sort of brainless automated response.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Dominar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Just so we're clear here...

Is this the type of stuff you're defending so vehemently?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

C'mon now, stop playing coy. The ad hom aspect was as follows:

you want to limit that?
well, you are a mod now you have the power

Sometimes I get so tired of the petty stuff. What exactly does the above have to do with content?

Originally posted by Danbones

ok Hef lets do it your way here is some low hanging fruit for you

Planting the Seed of Propaganda: Media Repeatedly Suggests Patriots are Responsible for Boston Marathon Bombing

www.theorganicprepper.ca... 3

hey how about that wounded saud that they tackled running from the bomb bleeding?
is that who we should hang this on?

I said content
you know
this sight is the one championing low hanging fruit right now

This is the point right here. When did it become your job to hang a crime that happened nowhere near you onto anybody???

Uninformed lynch mobs populated by the half-informed and fuelled by fear and misinformation were a bad idea throughout the whole of history and this is still the case today.

Hyperbole may be fun and it may feed ones digital ego - but that is about all the good it does.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

... there are countless sites that do allow for the low hanging fruit discussions. ATS is simply not one of them.

And fruit doesnt have to lay too low for the rats to feed.

Keep pulling those vines up.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by onequestion

Thank you for voicing what I think a number of people feel. In this case, it doesn't even make logical sense. It's a horrible thing that happened in Boston, no question to that fact. At the same time, Government/Nation-State level bad?
As you say, something more than the instant knee jerk reaction is really needed.

I was up at my college when it happened and while not posting here, I had ATS up on a monitor, helping a couple faculty and students track what was happening. I was almost ashamed and *DID* literally apologize for the fact they were reading accusations against the United States Government within 10 minutes of it happening. 10 minutes for God's sake.

I don't think some give any thought or even care either way how NUTTY and outright paranoid to the point of illness that looks to people who don't live in this culture, for lack of a better word. It insures folks who aren't that die hard? Leave....and those who are tend to be all that replaces them. Nothing we can really do but say something either. It's an overall trend here...not the problem of any individuals a mod could be called about, even if that were appropriate.

Self control and self-moderation would be the ticket until something...anything at all... might suggest a reason to think that direction. Just my thoughts and thanks for the OP.

I agree 100%..... i had pretty much the same situation where i had to apologize to a friend since there was just so many ignorant statements being made. Statements that are fueled by emotion rather than logic. Unfortunately, when i try to bring some peace and logic to any such thread, its like talking to a brick wall.

So.... I feel you Wrabbit2000!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Not for nothing OP, but this is a conspiracy site. Does not all that you mention relate to a conspiracy? Is it not plausible that some thing s are not what they seem to be?

Granted everyone runs after the same goat in these minor events in history. Keep in mind that americans are so numb to such events that this will merely pass by the brow of the uninterested within a year or so. To be brought about in mention here and there to make people remember how fast they forgot. And how badly most do not care.

Sad enough that is how divided as a nation we are. We do not have sense of community or courtesy for our neighbor. We have no concern for that which is outside of our proverbial bubble.

While tragic in nature it is not something that I will lose sleep over. I simply do not feel any emotion toward these events. It is a drop in the bucket of time. And how we react dictates how many more instances of these burps in history we'll have to endure.

It is human nature to destroy each other, that's why they invented Jesus, to give us a reason not to. I would bet that at this point most of us are focusing on the problem and not a solution.

And is it really fantasy to believe that there is more underneath the story? What if there was? And what are we as a nation gonna do about it?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Just so we're clear here...

Is this the type of stuff you're defending so vehemently?

first photo of the teacher is photoshoped, it's the same picture with a different banner!! so I wouldn't be a fool to be fooled for that.
The GI will need to look into to that one and get back with you

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by UncleBingo
Not for nothing OP, but this is a conspiracy site.

It is human nature to destroy each other,...

And yet therin is an important point.

A slight analogy,...

We demean and dehuman "Alice the Violet".... yet it is Jodi on the stand for murder.

Where is THAT justice, where Alice just was doing a job and didnt kill anybody.

Where is the human that judges her that she has to live with the judgement.

edit on 16-4-2013 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

One persons evil is another persons good. One individual can be a smart open minded accepting person. A group of individuals can be a dangerous close minded horde or retards.

We're animals, what do you expect?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by UncleBingo

We're animals, what do you expect?

Alot more than what I observe.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I can dig it, and in a better world some might even take a liking to that premise. Unfortunately you will have to destroy the system in place before anyone really understands truth in humanity and what it represents.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
OP - I love the demonization of stars & flags to gain flags & stars.

Classy

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by UncleBingo

Whatever.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I think they don't know what it means. Like "false flag" is a glamorous name for an exotic disaster.

It's one of those conspiracy catch phrases, that pairs nicely with a "breaking" and "doom" event.

It's a form of denial, like it's okay, it's not a real flag event, but a false one. False alarm potato-people, go back to your TVs, no need to get up and talk to your neighbors about what is safe or dangerous in the region. Let the stewards of security mop up the mess for you.

It is sad.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

It is very logical IMO. And there is a lesson to be learned in it all that I fear will end up happening. For reference check the old story "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".

All that anyone is accomplishing by throwing out the "false flag!!!" accusation every time anyone does anything reprehensible or shocking - will be to desensitise the masses to the term. Then, should a true false flag happen? Nobody will be inclined to believe it or listen to it - and the masses will dismiss it out of hand.

Umm, this is the exact opposite of the reality of these situations, the media cries the story fed to them, accuse people with no REAL proof but slanted stories to convince public, and billions of dollars change hands amongst corporations and governments, agendas are furthered.

A real false flag huh, I guess you are claiming there hasn't been one yet, (shocker there)

Oh you mean a REAL scary devastating false flag, that people will dismiss because the authorities will actually tell the truth and people won't believe them ?

I tell you what, this could easily happen, they have cried wolf so many times and been caught red-handed but the masses dismiss the TRUTH, in favor of the lies.

LOL@ Conspiracy Theories as the NEW FALSE FLAG...I knew it would get here, things are moving fast now.

I can smell the fear...something new about to be born.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
They say that 1% of the population has paranoid schizophrenia. I'd be willing to bet it's more then that. Potheads are another group that tend to exhibit paranoia and delusions also. The bible thumpers aren't far behind.
edit on 17-4-2013 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

Putting words into other peoples mouths is poor form.

Of course there have been documented false flag attacks. The Gulf of Tonken was a significant example of one. Having said that, regarding 999 out of a thousand cries of false flag in this day and age? That is more a case of fantasy than reality. What's worse is that it is very disempowering for those who buy into it as they'll perceive every tragedy as an assault upon them personally... an assault from an unbeatable, invisible, shadow power that one cannot possibly retaliate against.

In that regard constantly screaming "false flag" is really nothing more than a cry from those who lack the ability to control their own lives and, while psychologically fascinating - it is totally contrary to reality and very counter productive.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join