It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noticing a bad trend on ATS, it's sad...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Egad, more moderation please, the immature trolls are running amuck. Reading some of this stuff makes me think that maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to get control over the youth! I need attention too, MOMMY!? Xenongod

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I completely agree with OP. I'm not saying false flags don't or can't happen, but several people jumped there before anyone was even officially accused. IMO (and I reserve the right to possibly be wrong here, only an opinion) if there was an agenda behind it, they would have pointed a finger by now.
Speculation is one thing, but I noticed several people were already completely convinced it was false flag. Not everything is a false flag, and to assume so underestimates how ugly mankind can be.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
So then how do these type of threads achieve anything whatsoever? Reminds me of the sandy hook responses. Soon enough the evidence will grow and then suddenly we can't talk about it because we'll be hurting peoples feelings.

I can't wait.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I like the people who think they are investigative journalists or something.
You're a random person on the internet reading news articles. You aren't going to find any thing doing that! You aren't sleuths nor Sherlock Holmes.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I lol'd at this.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I still say its a false flag psyop, and i defend to the death my right to do so.......
I dont really care anymore...as i watch the last bastions of freedom turn to hollow shells.....
The sun is going down on the whole world people...
and we are in for a long dark time.............nothin is going to change that..
the rest is just arranging the Titanic deck furniture.....

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I feel the same way. I think too many people on ATS went way down the rabbits hole and cant climb back out. Obviously this is a conspiracy website but too many people jumping the gun

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I still say its a false flag psyop, and i defend to the death my right to do so.......
I dont really care anymore...as i watch the last bastions of freedom turn to hollow shells.....
The sun is going down on the whole world people...
and we are in for a long dark time.............nothin is going to change that..
the rest is just arranging the Titanic deck furniture.....

don't worry stirling
the chinese have been around longer then anyone and they say:
"Change favour the prepared mind"
Darwination will take care of the slower animals

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The modern world... where professional journalists are NOT to be trusted... but a Youtube channel or a blog are considered almost universally beyond reproach.

Following this logic - one must assume that millions of people are "in on it all" - while the few dozen who were left "out" furiously vent their frustrations about it all on the Interwebz.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

The modern world... where professional journalists are NOT to be trusted... but a Youtube channel or a blog are considered almost universally beyond reproach.

Following this logic - one must assume that millions of people are "in on it all" - while the few dozen who were left "out" furiously vent their frustrations about it all on the Interwebz.

That was not logic Heff
you toatally left out content

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

It is very logical IMO. And there is a lesson to be learned in it all that I fear will end up happening. For reference check the old story "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".

All that anyone is accomplishing by throwing out the "false flag!!!" accusation every time anyone does anything reprehensible or shocking - will be to desensitise the masses to the term. Then, should a true false flag happen? Nobody will be inclined to believe it or listen to it - and the masses will dismiss it out of hand.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Sometimes I find the in on it aspect of this completely insane.

I have gotten a feeling that some of these people are just trolls. Then there are the intelligent ones who I think may infiltrate a forum with the intentions of giving CTs a bad rep.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

It's kinda scary these days, but I believe it's really become a matter of judging sources and credibility on a case by case basis. I've seen two stories in the media that come to mind for why I don't trust professional reporters or media in general just because they are and secondary to a decent track record of caring about being right.

The first was Isfahan for reports of a city wide evacuation that seemed to have originated with the BBC. It sparked threads here and certainly never had come to anything more than nonsense that I ever heard. Yet, it was carried and reported by some of the big world names on their sites.

The other one was a story I tried sharing in the 9/11 forum very recently here and where it turned out the media source was flat wrong. The worst thing was, that story also appeared all over and is still running in media. All ...without one single exception I could find, sourcing back to the original that was simply wrong. Some sourcing by name ... others by word for word quote.

I think some of the people here put more sincere time into researching things than reporters or their staff do for another story to file by a deadline and move on to do it again. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

"The Boy Who Cried Wolf".

Exactly my point. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Point taken Wrabbit, and I agree to an extent. But it's all about avoiding extremes. Some of the stuff posted in alternative sites, here, Youtube, blogs, etc... do have a great deal of validity and are well researched and sometimes are based upon inside and enlightened information.

Also the MSM is increasingly becoming spurious. Some censorship and propaganda... some due to wanting the "scoop" and running with unresearched material without any regard for validity or professionalism.

Where I get frustrated is when the absolutes come in and people just automatically assume that Rueters is all propaganda and Youtube is infallible.

Discernment is a skill that needs to be better utilized in this day and age.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

It is very logical IMO. And there is a lesson to be learned in it all that I fear will end up happening. For reference check the old story "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".

All that anyone is accomplishing by throwing out the "false flag!!!" accusation every time anyone does anything reprehensible or shocking - will be to desensitise the masses to the term. Then, should a true false flag happen? Nobody will be inclined to believe it or listen to it - and the masses will dismiss it out of hand.

this website is about discussing content
as I said.
you want to limit that?
well, you are a mod now you have the power
and PS
crying wolf every time you see a wolf is not crying wolf

the boy who cried wolf is just a platitutude the sheeple can use as an excuse not to due thier due diligence

all enemies foreign and domestic eh?
edit on 16-4-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

That's a pretty vapid ad hominem position to take.

ATS had posting standards before I was here. ATS will have those standards long after I am gone. These standards have nothing to do with censorship and everything to do with decorum and civility.

It's been said a thousand times... there are countless sites that do allow for the low hanging fruit discussions. ATS is simply not one of them.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Thanks OP

Needs saying, objectivity has gone out the door, to my experience in 25 years of alternative theory research 99% is NOT a conspiracy in most cases, factors aligning as they tend to do in "interesting patterns"

What's worse is where 5 years ago the idiot ready to bug out with gun in hand over what ranges from mil nonsense to things that can be fixed simply by being involved with the real world were one in 1000, today it seems like 1/3 to 1/2 of people want to start shooting if they see smoke from the frying pan in the kitchen... while everyone is talking terrorism and false flag... I got 50/50 odds this Boston thing actually WAS some dissatisfied schizo doufus who can't fix his own reality tunnel....

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

ATS had posting standards before I was here. ATS will have those standards long after I am gone. These standards have nothing to do with censorship and everything to do with decorum and civility.

It's been said a thousand times... there are countless sites that do allow for the low hanging fruit discussions. ATS is simply not one of them.

Well said, and I agree 100%.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Here in Detroit the scrappers would have pulled those pressure cookers out of the trash and took them to the scrap metal yard in a heartbeat, how else they going to buy that pint of Wild Irish Rose?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join