It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's in formation fly low over Cork,Ireland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
Not too sure about lanterns, some seem to appear from nowhere.....unless its a fault of his camera.

But definitely man-made, imo.

You can see before he zooms in that there is one light and then the second seems to appear from nowhere. this is because the camera is not focused correctly. This makes the lights seem a lot bigger and bright than they actually are. In reality the second light is hidden behind the top of the lamppost when the film starts and then as it clears the top it seems to pop out of nowhere.

They could be lanterns or maybe flares. In my book its more likely to be lanterns that get let off all the time for birthdays, weddings and other celebrations rather than the 1 time flares that were set off in December. Especially as we see then grouped in a formation of 3 at one time. Not that it really matters.

Whats important is to realize the incorrect focal length of the recording device is making them seem much, much brighter and a lot larger than they were in real life.

edit on 16-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

Not to troll, but seriously? "Let me see how much I can waive the camera around..." Why would they not keep the camera pointed at the object(s) of interest? Why is it that when I make a vid of something, I'm magically able to keep the camera pointed at something, but when ppl make UFO vids, that is simply impossible?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
These UFO's show up a bunch.
Lanterns ? Thats definetely one idea...
But ..Nah.. I don't think so.
A search for these type will bring many hits.
This is a small version of what most label
a swarm of armada. A little dramatic IMO ...

Personally I think they belong to the USAF.
Giant triangular screens made of graphene and aerogel
that can move the lights around to make
it appear as separate UFO's or a classic triangle.

Why they fly over cities I don't know? Ever since Phoenix in 97
(which were dismissed erroneously as flares) I think the USAF
measures the vigilance of normal citizens as far as what kind of commotion
it causes as well as what venus gas excuses work.

When the Chinese lanterns doesn't work they'll go with
sky divers with flares on.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

When the Chinese lanterns doesn't work they'll go with sky divers with flares on.

Or just flares , which is what they are .
The video was filmed in December 2012 in Cork ....
Flares mark end of Titanic 100 commemorations
I don't think it's a coincidence , I do think the guy that filmed it knew what he was filming .

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Well, there are a few things that come to mind.

They all seem to be moving at the same speed in the same direction. It seem like that are moving with the wind is my first impulse.

So that leaves the old lantern explanation. I know it´s a standard, but it doesn´t make it less probable.

I would love me some real ufo footage. But I highly doubt this is it.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Here's some video of the flares from the Titanic 100 in december that were let off by the Navy over the sea.

The do look very similar.

edit on 16-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tluna1

When are people going to lean not to post videos or anything else related to Aliens on ATS? The first thing people do is cry NOPE, NOTHING TO SEE HERE MOVE ALONG! I thought ATS was for discovery not instant denial. I could post a 100% real video of a UFO landing in my yard, alien gets out, I give it a BJ, it goes back into its craft and flies off. I know have DNA proof and Video proof. People will still cry fake, cgi, Chinese lanterns ect. So frustrating for those of us who truly believe in UFO's and it’s also VERY disrespectful to the person posting. If you don’t believe fine. If you have a credible alternate answer great! People need to stop with the one word posting “lantern" and give credible reasons why its fake instead of just trying to be a smart ass and the first to post!

Just because people here are debunking this video doesn't make them disbelievers!

But a fake video is a fake video, and it is up to us to weed out all that fake crap, as like you said, some day someone will present the real deal and no-one is going to believe it because of all the aholes posting fakes.

I have had my own personal experiences with UFO's and am 100% certain of their existence. But this vid is just Lantern or like others have said Flares...Try to open your mind a little bit to the idea that not all videos are genuine, because we're on the same team here and hoaxers frustrate us all...Blame the guy who made the video, not the people who debunk it

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
The video does not appear to be fake.....But it is probably the celebration of 100 years since the Titanic flare show, as mentioned by other posters and media links.

They definitely appear to be rocket launched Flares dropping slowly in the wind, on their little parachutes.

Naturally the video, because of low light, only picks up the glare of the light. To the naked eye they would not be that big or bright, and you may see the parachute, with good eyesight.

Not a fake video IMHO, just a misrepresented one, intentionally or not.......one of millions on the www sadly.
edit on 17-4-2013 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaChOMaNuGGeT
These are EXACTLY the same as what i saw, maybe 4 days ago..

I saw the EXACT same things 10 years ago. Same altitude and speed!

There were two of them. One was as close as the ones in the video, and the other was several hundred metres away.

The thing was, they would slowly illuminate and dim over around a 3-4 second cycle. As the closer one illuminated, the other would dim and vise versa. Around 10 minutes afterwards, a military helicopter came over at low altitude and started searching the area. So to all who think these are "chinese lanterns", I am fortunate to be in a position where I can laugh at your ignorance.

Here is a post from August 2011 where I describe it in more detail.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I saw the EXACT same things 10 years ago. Same altitude and speed!

Then you saw flares then for that is what the OP video is of .

a military helicopter came over at low altitude and started searching the area.

Training exercise ?

So to all who think these are "chinese lanterns", I am fortunate to be in a position where I can laugh at your ignorance.

Indeed , they are flares .

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

Truly inspiring words to all UFO enthusiasts, I thank you kindly. If people think we're not being visited then hope really is lost for this UFO phenomenon on earth.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Flares from the Titanic Centennial memorial? That was on Dec. 17th. The video is dated Dec. 2nd, so I don't think so. This video was obviously taken in daylight. It doesn't seem that Chinese fire balloons could appear so bright in the daytime. I see no obvious flickering of the lights, except then they pass behind obstacles. Chinese lanterns are subject to flickering, as their light source is an open flame. Some of the objects appear to turn on their lights in mid air, when they are not blocked by any obstacles. This doesn't correspond to either fire balloons or flares. Genuine unknown objects appear to be a real possibility.
edit on 17-4-2013 by Ross 54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

Flares from the Titanic Centennial memorial? That was on Dec. 17th.

No the closing of the Titanic Centennial memorial was on the 15th the report is from the 17th

The video is dated Dec. 2nd, so I don't think so.

Where did you get Dec 2nd from ? , the OP video was published on Apr 10, 2013 and mentions no date , the video I posted was published on Mar 16, 2013 and only says Decmeber 2012 .

Some of the objects appear to turn on their lights in mid air

You mean like this ...

edit on 17-4-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I think it's safe to say that they are nothing more than Chinese Lanterns. They seem to be all the rage at the moment in the British Isles, so much so that farmers are calling for them to be banned.

edit on 19-4-2013 by Sicksicksick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Definitely not chinese lanterns. I used to play with them all the time and they don't emit blinding light like that in the day time.
Possibly flares but looks like something else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join