It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Abortion Shock Therapy at High-Schools

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Several countries are using different methods when talking about abortions, sometimes very shocking, even when abortion is legal.

1) Finland for example, uses dolls of fetuses, which every school has to show that fetuses are actually babies.
2) Sometimes very shocking pictures of abortion are showed in high-schools, although I do not know if it is in any official curriculums.
3) Abortion methods introduced and described. That is what my teacher used. It was a really gruesome picture painted in my mind. I would not imagine seeing pictures of it...

I personally see it right. I would not even say it is that much of an anti-abortion policy. What is wrong in showing high-schoolers the reality of abortions? They arenĀ“t kids anymore and should be introduced to the consequences of their actions, if they decided to do something. After all, abortion is still legal/widely used if not legal in most countries. I personally support such ideas methods of showing the reality, whether it would be pictures of over-dosed people, war-terror pictures, abortions, smoking-related pictures of lungs and people with smoking-related cancers etc.

What do you think?
edit on 16-4-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

While I support a woman's right to choose when it comes to abortion I think that before they have the procedure they should be fully informed and aware of what it is that they are doing, from the details of the actual procedure to what the fetus actually looks like at the time they are seeking the procedure. I do not agree with this becoming part of a school curriculum unless it were to be limited to those who have already reached adulthood- usually their Senior year, or those whose parents have consented to the student viewing and learning about such procedures.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I think it is good. I went thru life thinking that a fetus at 12 weeks was just a mass of tissue. Then, when I was 33, my wife miscarried in the middle of the night. I will never forget holding my dead son, yes I could see that he was a boy, in the palm of my hand.

People need to know things like this so they can make an informed decision before they abort. I always believed in the woman's choice, believing that it is only tissue because that is what I was always told. I still believe it is the woman's choice, but I also believe it is murder.

IMHO

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I dont think most people realise what an aborted child looks like
Good idea

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I oppose abortion on both moral and religious grounds. However, since abortions are legal (at least in certain cases/places) I think that we should be educating people about them, so that people can decide knowing just what they are doing.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If they are old enough to have sex, then they are old enough to know everything that goes with it, and I mean everything. How can we expect you people to make responsible choices about sex if they don't have all the facts?
The sad thing is even Dr.s give out misinformation. I personally had a Dr. give me false information when trying to convince me to get an abortion, fortunately I knew the facts.

top topics

join