It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you hear about the bombings...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by MyLifeRocks

If they are killing themselves what can we do about it?
The problem arises when they try to attack us without any reason.

When did Iraq attack the US without any reason? When did Iraq attack the US at all?

The truth is, everything happening in Iraq today, the US is responsible for. This was not happening when Saddam Hussen was alive and running that Country. The US had no business invading that Country- at all. Al Qaeda was not in Iraq until AFTER the US invaded. The US made it possible for Al Qaeda to operate there. The US destabilized that Country and created the mess that we see there today. Those are the facts.

This is not entirely correct. I've been delving into the Afghanistan war, the beginnings of it, and am running across quite a bit of information in regards to Iraq also.

Such as this:

Did you know that while the planning for Iraq was being undertaken that Bush was advised by a number of people that Bin Laden intended on making Iraq and more specifically Saddam, his next intended focus of Jihad?

This was prior to 9/11 and yes the attack was being planned but had Bush listened to his advisors, some of them, he could have made contact with Bin Laden, and subsequently Al-Qaeda, and possibly came to an agreement to fund or support them which may very well have avoided 9/11 altogether.

Bin Laden hated America for their incursion into Saudi Arabia but he hated Saddam even more due to his stance against Islamic movements. He was crushing them all throughout his country and was actually in great fear of Al-Qaeda who were beginning to move on selected targets within Iraq.

It appears that Bin Laden was preparing to hit the US and Iraq at the same time but his attack on the US was so successful that it led to things he did not forsee.

Whether funding a terrorist group to fight your enemies is something you agree with is another matter however. Though it is not without precedence. Al-Qaeda are mostly made up of the former Mujahideen, who we of course funded to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan, very successfully I might add so it wouldn't be a stretch to have funded another group.

I'm not condoning that but just putting this information out there that a lot of people may never have heard of.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Virole

I'm with you. I think we should pull every single one of our servicemen out of that hell hole and let those people try to figure out how to get along on their own. Everyone wants to blame the U.S. but you people tend to forget that place has been a war zone for thousands of years. The entire middle east should be left to it's own devices so I never have to read another word on this message board "How terrible America is". Who are you going to point your fingers at when the U.S. is gone and that entire part of the world is still killing each other every day?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I think what sticks in many's craw -

Is America won't stop until the person or people responsible for that act of terrorism is brought to justice.

So many people not from America sit back and say - yeah but what about all of the other acts of terrorism through-out the world? Who is going to make them pay?

Who indeed?

Cirque

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Except for one thing. Bin laden was never wanted in connection to 9/11 and denied being a part of it.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Our world is getting crazier by the day. It's an insane world that we live in. I really can't get my head around understanding what possesses people and governments to kill.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranong
Most U.s. citizens on this site know full well "why" someone would want to attack the U.S.,
The people who are asking "why?", I hope, are just asking "why" would someone do this to another person in general.
If they are still people asking "Why America?" well,.....thats just pure ignorance.

I've actually met quite a few people that maintain that the reason people want to attack the USA is because they are "jealous of our freedom" or "they can't stand that we are more wealthy than them."

Usually these people are conservative, FoxNews aficinados.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by MrWendal

When did Iraq attack the US without any reason? When did Iraq attack the US at all?

The truth is, everything happening in Iraq today, the US is responsible for. This was not happening when Saddam Hussen was alive and running that Country. The US had no business invading that Country- at all. Al Qaeda was not in Iraq until AFTER the US invaded. The US made it possible for Al Qaeda to operate there. The US destabilized that Country and created the mess that we see there today. Those are the facts.

This is not entirely correct. I've been delving into the Afghanistan war, the beginnings of it, and am running across quite a bit of information in regards to Iraq also.

Such as this:

Did you know that while the planning for Iraq was being undertaken that Bush was advised by a number of people that Bin Laden intended on making Iraq and more specifically Saddam, his next intended focus of Jihad?

This was prior to 9/11 and yes the attack was being planned but had Bush listened to his advisors, some of them, he could have made contact with Bin Laden, and subsequently Al-Qaeda, and possibly came to an agreement to fund or support them which may very well have avoided 9/11 altogether.

Bin Laden hated America for their incursion into Saudi Arabia but he hated Saddam even more due to his stance against Islamic movements. He was crushing them all throughout his country and was actually in great fear of Al-Qaeda who were beginning to move on selected targets within Iraq.

It appears that Bin Laden was preparing to hit the US and Iraq at the same time but his attack on the US was so successful that it led to things he did not forsee.

Whether funding a terrorist group to fight your enemies is something you agree with is another matter however. Though it is not without precedence. Al-Qaeda are mostly made up of the former Mujahideen, who we of course funded to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan, very successfully I might add so it wouldn't be a stretch to have funded another group.

I'm not condoning that but just putting this information out there that a lot of people may never have heard of.

You need to have a lot more on the table than that. Both OBL and Saddam were Sunni per se, both were secular and at least OBL followed certain scribes. Saddam however believed that the state was most important, thus a secular government. OBL's beliefs were much more fundamental, he followed Wahabbi, circa 1700's which is the dominent in Saudi Arabia.
OBL has warned Shia groups in Iraq in the recent past not to harm Sunni's there, while all the groupings follow different scribes, with differing interpretations of Islam. Mujahideen in Afghanistan in the Soviet era were mostly Sunni. Mujahideen in Afghanistan also liked to gut one another as well.
OBL/ Al Qaeda attacking Iraq then, who'd have thought? ..and not much to do with a religion either.
edit on 16-4-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

Is America won't stop until the person or people responsible for that act of terrorism is brought to justice.

So many people not from America sit back and say - yeah but what about all of the other acts of terrorism through-out the world? Who is going to make them pay?

Who indeed?

Cirque

I have some sympathy in that regard, but I'm not just sure who said that, if it is a quote.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Son, this is an English-speaking forum.

Do I look like I am literate in Arabic?

News about domestic problems in any of the Arabic-speaking nations is their local problem, which will be discussed in Arabic in an Arabic-speaking forum somewhere on the other side of the Internet.

Get it? I'm not obliged to sweat panic over every death on the planet.

It means I care about human life in general, but I care more about what happens in my own country. Numbers of the dead aren't going to phase me, I have my national biases.

They speak English in Boston. It's something I can read about and post about. A bombing in USA is abnormal and an intrusion; a bombing on the other side of the planet is their local gang activity.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

Who indeed?

Cirque

I have some sympathy in that regard, but I'm not just sure who said that, if it is a quote.

No that was my thought, I didn't quote anyone. But I'm sure I'm not the first to have stated such a sentiment - so...

Cirque

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

From the article:-

Sunni Islamist militants linked to al-Qaeda have attempted to destabilise the government by stepping up attacks, mainly on Shia but also Sunni targets this year.

They are killing themselves ? The u.s bombed their country to bits, thousands and thousands innocent people died because of that and yes including little children. You are in need a healthy dose of reality if you ask me.

And if you think that countries are hostile towards the U.S without any reason you need to rethink that as well, Hard.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Rubic0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sorry, double post.
edit on 18-4-2013 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Virole
In Iraq? www.bbc.co.uk...

"At least 31 people have been killed and more than 200 others wounded in a series of early-morning explosions in cities across Iraq, officials say."

"Attacks were reported in Baghdad, as well as Tuz Khurmatu and Kirkuk in the north and Nasariyah in the south.

The co-ordinated attacks occurred during the morning rush hour and mainly involved car bombs."

"Three car bombs went off minutes apart in Tuz Khurmatu, killing six people and wounding more than 60, AFP said."

A number of attacks were also reported in Baghdad. In one incident, two car bombs claimed two lives and wounded 17 at a checkpoint at the heavily guarded airport, Reuters reported. In the northern city of Kirkuk, nine people were killed when six car bombs went off simultaneously, police said. "

"Elsewhere, gunmen armed with pistols fitted with silencers shot and killed a police officer while he was driving his car in the town of Tarmiyah, 30 miles (50 km) north of Baghdad, AP said."

These would have happened on the same day and close to the same time as the Boston explosions.

The quoted sections are only part of the attacks description, and the article ends with "Although violence has decreased in Iraq since the peak of the insurgency in 2006 and 2007, bombings are still common."

Bombings are still common, but we don't care because its not us, it doesn't effect us, we don't see it. We don't see it because the media doesn't show it. My heart bleeds for the people in Boston but its hardly isolated or uncommon.

Let me ask you this. Do you honestly believe that the average Iraqi citizen could give two #s about the bombing in Boston? No, they don't. You get deluged with news about things which happen and occur in your country, region, state, whatever...

To the people who are stating that the US is responsible for this bombing occurring... we are out of the country for the most part, will the US be responsible for everything negative which occurs in Iraq from here on out?

This seems like common sense to me... but I guess not to others.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Back in 70’s same stuff happened in Vietnam and media blamed it on Vietcong and communists activities, moving 40 years forward and now they are Islamists.

No mate they all are evil US military/psy-ops personnel ordered to do so (keeping the area unstable) as it should be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join