It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Quake Swarm Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
NOTE: Please use this thread to discuss small EQs and swarms in Oklahoma...as well as possible links to frakcing!

At least three earthquakes shook parts of central Oklahoma early Tuesday. The biggest, was a 4.3 magnitude earthquake that occurred at 12:56 a.m. with an epicenter about 7 miles east, northeast of Luther and 22 miles east of Edmond, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. Also, at 1:15 a.m., a 2.8 magnitude earthquake was felt 8 miles north, northwest of Boley, about 54 miles east of Oklahoma City.
A minute later, at 1:16 a.m., a 3.3 magnitude earthquake was felt 4 miles east of Luther and 19 miles east of Edmond, the U.S. Geological survey reports.
-Then about 2 a.m. rumblings were felt again across a wide portion of central Oklahoma. Information on a fourth event was not immediately available.

Magnitude 4.3
Date-Time

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 06:56:30 UTC
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 01:56:30 AM at epicenter

Location 35.685°N, 97.066°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles)
Region OKLAHOMA
Distances

1 km (0 miles) SSW (197°) from Wellston, OK
5 km (3 miles) W (269°) from Warwick, OK
9 km (6 miles) SE (145°) from Fallis, OK
48 km (30 miles) ENE (62°) from Oklahoma City, OK
322 km (200 miles) N (356°) from Dallas, TX

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Things are shakin, Very shallow quakes..hope everything is ok there...
edit on 16-4-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Apr 21 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: added mod note to reopen

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
near my house! woke me up!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stardustlifeform

how severe was the shaking? Glad your ok!

2.8 aftershock, you might have felt that as well..

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
How devastating and news worthy.

Real game changer here.

Why should anyone care about this weak quake?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stardustlifeform
near my house! woke me up!

So got woke up by an Earthquake in the middle of the night? OF COURSE the first thing you did was go "Gotta check ATS!"

Glad you're okay. Hope you didn't have any damages.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

It's not a weak quake, given the depth. And it may have to do with fracking. And a member got his butt woken up cause of it so to me it's newsworthy.
Look..how can I say this without getting warned by the mods.. I guess I cannot. Have a great day, cheer up.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
How devastating and news worthy.

Real game changer here.

Why should anyone care about this weak quake?

:thumbsdown:

Uh, cause sometimes bigger quakes follow? Cause someone might live in the area or have family there and would like to watch a live thread?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
where im at it was just little shaking but my facebook feed had peoples roofs cracked

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It's early there, well, almost four? - either try get some sleep or put the coffee on!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Then why not post about the bigger quake if it had happened?

Why didn't OP even mention anything about why the quake is significant in his opening post?

Quakes this size or bigger happen EVERY day. In fact, there's an entire thread dedicated to posting about these very types of quakes.

Pointless thread is pointless.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
haha yea have work in a few hours but ill post back in the morning from what i can gather. night ATS!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

lmao no it's officially 2:45 here in the morning... i live a lil north of the quake.. and it is interesting because we don't get alot of quakes here in the middle of america. Just saying. We had like 3 small earthquakes a couple of years ago and I still have cracks in my house and foundation from that... lol. Seriously, my grandparents nor my parents have never heard of earthquakes around these parts until a few years ago... strange.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

Pointless like Capri Alien abduction threads right? lol! .

Pointless thread is pointless.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

There seem to be quite a few after shocks too...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Let's hope nothing bigger follows. Even the slightest bit of shaking can get some people worked up, especially when it wakes you up and you don't know what to expect.

reply to post by MmmPie

ATS is for distributing information, and threads are put together to keep the information organized and ready for any updates. You basic users on ATS trying to moderate what content is worthy or not worthy of its own thread need to find something better to do with your time. You're not even contributing, you shouldn't even be here.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gnosticagnostic

Just now a 3.3. Wouldn't feel much if it were 20klms deep but as reported these are very very shallow...

Stardust make sure there's nothing over your bed and if I were there I's prop up a stack of empty pop (beer lol) cans just so if there's a big shaker you have a moments notice.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Huh... not a common occurrence in that area, must have rattled a few nerves I would imagine.

Four quakes so far in less than 24 hours. Hopefully they're not foreshocks.

Thanks for the non-pointless thread, OP.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

Obviously, you know nothing about earthquakes and what they may be leading to. Many of us want to know about quakes in strange places.

Why don't you just ignore this thread? What is it about you, that you would comment on something you see as meaningless?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It looks as though more than 500 people reported shaking. And that's around midnight, must have woken a lot of folks up..crazy stuff..!

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

Someone spends too much time on 4chan

On another note, interesting place for quakes, shallow at that.
I'll never forget feeling my first quake in NJ a couple summers ago. It was very odd but awesome.
edit on 16-4-2013 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join