It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop: "you cant video tape me if I dont give you permission".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Since when is it illegal to take pictures on a public street?

Problem is, if you DONT give your ID, now youve opened yourself up to an assault by a cop and a charge of "resisting arrest".

Most sheeple just hand it over. Its only recently that cops are being challenged.

Oh and, we need more citizen seatbelt checkpoints.

edit on 16-4-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Haha. She must have fallen asleep during the class where they talk about citizens rights. That class must be really frickin boring because a lot of cops seem to be falling asleep during that class.

Ill teach it.......

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mnemicrsl
Haha. She must have fallen asleep during the class where they talk about citizens rights.
Not Quite my Friend.
What you saw was a Person adapting to the `new Police`.

If you dont call him SIR, If you dont show him RESPECT, If you dont COMPLY, the LEO`s will Escalate the Incident, if your Guilty or Innocent.
Citizens Must bend their Will to Cops, or Suffer the Consequences.

Thats NOT how its Supposed to be, We all know that, But Thats the Reality of Law Enforcement Today.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I can't believe she said, "by law you can't video tape me if I don't give you permission."

Whenever I get video taped on duty, I just wave and smile, and sometimes I ask them what channel I'm gonna be on so I ca see myself.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Some people, when they get power, eat it up like crazy. It's amazing to see this at play with law enforcement...as most people think these people do this job to help people. So sad.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Florida has become the worst police state in the US. State troopers are among the worst LEO's in the state when it comes to not knowing the law, and abusing their powers. There is no law down here that say you cannot video tape in public, and anyone that is out in public has no expectation of privacy... This is according to their own laws that they use as an excuse to run their surveillance and facial recognition cameras.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
How stupid she must be not knowing the law as state police. Actually I believe she did detain him and question him without probable cause. When she spoke to her brass in command, they shut that tail down. FHP doesn't want no charges or suits brought against them.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

During a Police incident, if you arent a party, you have to be far enough away as not to " wire tap " the the parties involved, and you can be requested to turn off the camera, which you have to comply.

However, if you are a party to the police incident, you can film both the officer and all parties involved as long as you are involved in the incident.

----

Remember, some states require the consent of all parties being filmed, otherwise, you have to turn the camera off if requested.

Has anyone looked up the laws of the state this is being filmed in?
edit on 16-4-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by gladtobehere

During a Police incident, if you arent a party, you have to be far enough away as not to " wire tap " the the parties involved, and you can be requested to turn off the camera, which you have to comply.

However, if you are a party to the police incident, you can film both the officer and all parties involved as long as you are involved in the incident.

----

Remember, some states require the consent of all parties being filmed, otherwise, you have to turn the camera off if requested.

Has anyone looked up the laws of the state this is being filmed in?
edit on 16-4-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Good question. This may help:

Twelve states-California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland,Massachusetts,Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire,Pennsylvania,and Washington-require the consent of all parties foryou to record aconversation.

However, all but 2 of these states-Massachusetts and Illinois-have an "expectation of privacy provision" to their all-party laws thatcourts have ruled does not apply to on-duty police (oranyone in public). In other words,it's technically legal in those 48states to openly recordon-duty police.

A lot more here: 7 Rules for Recording Police

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
As I said above, there is no public expectation of privacy in the state of Florida. Any state that requires consent cannot be operating security, traffic flow, red light, or facial recognition cameras, or they are violating their own laws.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
You are not required by law to produce identification, if you are not driving a vehicle.As for videoing a police officer, yes you can.Declare it your affidavit.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

It depends on the state, some do have Stop and ID laws.
Florida is not one of them though.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I womder what would have happened had the 2nd police car had not come along, and advised her to call a superior, I'm guessing, because clearly they didn't understand the "law"....

It's equally concerning to me that a sealtbelt "check point" is even allowed, just some bogus excuse to harrass people, the cops running the damm thing don't wear seatbealts themselves,,,,

top topics

join