It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US military helicopter has reportedly crashed near the North Korean border

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

No worries bud

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
That doesnt look like US camo pattern

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by Dianec

Oy, they need to shut up. How can we be to blame. See this is proof that North Korea and China as in it togeather. China should be openly condemning them.
edit on 16-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

I said the same thing. What China says and what they do are two different things.
I would never ever trust China on any thing.They are two faced as hell. They only
look out for the communist leaders.Yea they want people to think they are not communist but they are.
You have the same crusty old communist party not seen but very much in charge.
On top of that i could never trust any one who eats dog meat. And no need to start the raciest crap, because they do in fact eat dogs. You may not like the fact that they do but it's the truth.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Wrong photo, that one is still flying.

The one in the OP is crashed.

Unless they had someone there to snap pics as it happened, and then you have to ask how did they know?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Media is controlled by those who wants others not to wake up.Such puny events wont break a process in the final stages ...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by FreedomEntered

en.trend.az...

That looks like an MI-17.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by anton74

I can`t see any fire damage. (Im not having a pop at you), just saying.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by anton74

Yes, your right the crashed chopper in the pic is a MI-17.
Do you know if NK have Russian helicopters?

edit on 16-4-2013 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LeLeu

SK seems to have the MI-172 version.

North Korea has the MI-24 which can have a similar appearence to what can be seen in the picture.
edit on 16-4-2013 by anton74 because: typo

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
reply to post by goou111

Now china is blaming us. We need to just get out of there.

www.reuters.com...

no this just shows the US needs to STAY maybe even INCREASE their presence.

i know that NK would just love for the US to leave and leave SK open and ripe for invasion. which is ONE very good reason to stay.

China is just having some sour grapes issues as shown within your link. nothing to do with the Korea situation. just this one sentence is very telling.

China says the policy has emboldened Japan, the Philippines and Vietnam in longstanding territorial disputes with Beijing.

China WANTS those "disputed territories" VERY BADLY it seems. another very good reason for the US to stay. it seems China is starting to see that a possible increase in US presence due to the Korean situation may impede their taking over those areas by force if necessary. i wonder if that is the real reason for China's apparent not backing the NK right now?

China faces "multiple and complicated security threats" despite its growing influence, the Ministry of Defense said in its annual white paper, adding that the U.S. strategy meant "profound changes" for Asia. "There are some countries which are strengthening their Asia Pacific military alliances, expanding their military presence in the region and frequently make the situation there tenser," the ministry said in the 40-page document, in a clear reference to the United States. Such moves "do not accord with the developments of the times and are not conducive towards maintaining regional peace and stability", ministry spokesman Yang Yujun told reporters. The official People's Liberation Army Daily went further, saying in a commentary on Monday that China needed to beef up its defenses to deal with a hostile West bent on undermining it. "Hostile Western forces have intensified their strategy to westernize and split China, and employed every possible means to contain and control our country's development," it said.

so China sees the other countries in the disputes setting up to defend THEIR territory as "do not accord with the developments of the times and are not conducive towards maintaining regional peace and stability", that seems to say a lot to me. that they see that they will not have an easy time "stealing" that area by force.

i have been worrying that if the Korean situation went to open warfare that China would take the opportunity to "grab" the disputed territories while everyone was busy watching and possibly being engaged in that conflict.

is this a correct picture of the downed helicopter? i ask as the helicopter supposidly caught fire, yet i can see no sign of fire in the picture?

After all the American soldiers had escaped to safety, the helicopter caught fire, with most of the aircraft damaged in the blaze, they noted. The soldiers were medevacked to a hospital in Yongsan Garrison in Seoul after the incident.
english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The crashed helicopter pic in the news report may just be there for impact (no pun) and not related.
I hate it when they do that.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by anton74

Yeah that's definitely a Mil. You can see the cowling

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111

ETA ty Beno for the pic

That image is just stock footage of a helicopter crash. It shows a Mil Hip variant.

It was also used to highlight a Polish Border Guards helo crash during 2009. This again was stock footage as the helicopter that crashed wasn't a Mil helo.

'Three Polish border guards killed in chopper crash'

en.trend.az...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
NoKorea testing their new EMP cannon.

DOOOOM

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

The helicopter pictured above is not a Sikorski CH-53 it is the Russian MI-171 Transport Helicopter.

It Doesn't look at all like the CH-53.

Why would the US be using this Russian made aircraft? Does the SK military use them?

edit on 16-4-2013 by palg1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2013 by palg1 because: Sorry guys I guess I should read to the end of a thread before posting!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Obviously a stock photo for the story...

The cause of the crash was not immediately clear but the incident took place during South Korea-US joint military exercises.

There is a reason their nickname is the "Crash Hawk"....

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
NoKorea testing their new EMP cannon.

DOOOOM

That's what I gave a thought to as well, but whether it was an EM pulse, mechanical failure or pilot error remains to be seen. IF NKorea had an EM cannon, I doubt that's information the masses would be allowed to know... could cause panic in lieu of the threats Lil Kim made a couple of weeks ago.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If NK did this, they would be broadcasting this all over the world, demonstrating the might of their military against the American imperialist.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Invariance

For all you nooobs out there. EMP will never down any U.S. Military anything unless the bomb goes through the front window.

EMP is and has always been a result of nuclear detonation, we learned that fact the hard way back after WW2. Everything since has been hardened against it so NO , EMP will stop anything our country uses from running.

Currently the U.S. is the only one that I know of to experiment with a device that only causes an EMP. Not that China and Russia haven't but they would know better than to use it against our military because it wont have any effect. What they are good at is turning off the power in third world cities like Baghdad.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Jesus I've got friends who are H60 crewchiefs in Korea.

I hope everyone is ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join