It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will N. Korea do now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
North Korea wanted to wait until after the elections before coming to the 5/6 Nations Table. Sec. of State Powell had said that they shouldn't wait and just step up, to which NK sidestepped.
Now that they know they will still have to deal with Pres Bush, I wonder a couple of things..
1) Will they step up thier military nucs?
2) Will they put out more requirements/requests?
3) Will they continue to conduct missile 'exercises'?

I see NK as an ill-tempered kid with a big stick, what do you folks think?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I think they will do much blustering and maybe even some small incursions-like the boat issue a few days ago.

I believe N Korea is afraid of Bush or more to the point what he will do to them. They make grand threats and such-as they have for many years to blackmail for food, oil and money.

I believe they will get none of the above from Bush.

I also believe the more they do things like missiles tests and such-the more "exercises" will be done right off their shore-sort of tit for tat stuff.

If they N Korea have nuclear weapons and IF they could launch one and hit the US-they have to know they would be bombed back to the Stone Age. The most China-their traditional Allie could do is prevent an invasion and MAYBE prevent the missiles and bombs that would rain down on them from be nuclear.

I don't think they have a death wish. But is the only thing that will tell.

*edited for spelling-gee who would have ever guessed that one!

[edit on 11/3/2004 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
North korea will keep on with its agenda they will have their nukes regarless what bush says, and they will keep on challenging US because they have the power to do it.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
They waited to see who would rule... and since they didn't get who they had hoped for, well they are now coming out with extraordinary request. I can only imagine if Kerry had control of the oval office and what he would have given into.
Overall, Bush is still going to be tough on the NK note.

new topics

top topics

join