It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were people told to be calm 'before' the bombs at the Boston Marathon went off? This guy says yes.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAConsumer
reply to post by SubTruth

they warned the people that the increase in security was just a drill not when the bomb went off

That's besides the point...

a lot of curious things here...

On this race day there was:

1. ...a police drill involving bomb detection dogs?

2. ...a constant reassurance that everything was ok... making people calm, keeping them in place.

3. ...a "saudi" suspect....? (wauw... that will be easy to pin if they want to)

4. ...a test for the first time of mobile applications that could help EMS during "mass casualties" in "crowds".

4. ...well, up towards the race day, the very company that issued those apps, had an eerie reference to 4/15. (mind you... they also have a 4/25 reference. Will interesting to see if anything happens then)

5. ...saturday before the race, a "nutty" woman carrying bags was telling some runners that if they ran the race, they would die.

6. ...5 (maybe unofficially 6?) bombs, of which two went off (not counting the so-called electrical explosion at the library), and 3 weren't found till AFTER the first two bombs had gone off... this in spite of there being a "drill" taking place.

That's a lot of coincidences....
edit on 16/4/13 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I see your point. I was born Queens and lived in NYC as a kid and later as an adult and a lot of supers also do not open the roofs...at least more now for legal and liability reasons you see them locked more often than not. It is a different time. I have watched the Macy's parades from rooftops plenty high but that was, again, years ago.

So, can you tell me why if you look at the marathon and the roofs we do not see as many as you are thinking may be there?

edit on 16-4-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Why on earth would they hold a drill without informing the participants way before in advance so they could expect it?
I am of the belief, as I'm sure many others are, that this was no drill, they knew in advance, they just didn't want to stop the race.
If there were 5 bombs, and two went off, it suggests they already got to three but for some reason didn't get the race called off....

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Exactly. Does not take a rocket scientist here. A good question was asked though in what would you do? I would want to close the marathon but all I can think of is Jaws and Amity Island. We cant lose this money!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

To me, it's not worth the risk! The race can be rescheduled, lives and lost limbs cannot be replaced (well limbs can, but you get what I mean)... Never mind the affected buildings, thats what insurance is for. Apparently human life is worth less than ever these days.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
It wasnt the bombs they were looking for when they told everyone to be calm it was because they had law enforcement there running a drill for that exact scenario. Then the real bombs went off. Because if they knew there really were bombs there they almost certainly would have evacuated. No this ios the same as 911 and the subway london bombings, they had a drill running for that exact situation so if any of their operatives was captured they would be let go as part of the drill.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

But since there were 5 bombs, and 2 of them detonated, what does that tell you?
Either they knew there were bombs, disposed of the three and thought they could get to the last two before they detonated, or they knew there were bombs and they didn't call off the race...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Oklahoma had the same thing with lots more bombs being reported not to have gone off. I can only speculate that they are backups.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This behavior of "drills" happening in conjunction with "terrorists acts" is a bit too frequent.
I'm not implying, as some do that, the events are false flag incidents created by our own folks.

I'm thinking that the authorities have data that indicates that something is going to happen and they explain the presence of extra security and medical people in the area by it being a drill.

In the top levels of decision-making in how to respond to info about upcoming terrorist attacks, there are several approaches. Some will be concerned about the damage and lives lost and the extreme other side is the political use of such attacks. They see it as a "damned if you do, and damned if you don't," situation regardless of how they respond. It seems that they take a "wait and see" approach which then allows the known about event to happen. There are pluses and minuses to such a strategy. There is the human toll, of blood and guts, but there is the political rewards that overwhelm short term "losses."

We saw that in in 9-11 and even back with the allowing of the attack on Pearl Harbor. The Nazis used it to burn their own government building to get the public aroused. It is SOP for governments that value their goals over human lives. And there was the aborted Operation Northwoods saga.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
So, can you tell me why if you look at the marathon and the roofs we do not see as many as you are thinking may be there?

Most likely because the bombs went off hours after the elite international running stars crossed the line. Watching the marathon in NYC, the elite men, women, and disabled athletes were the ones to watch. After that it went on for hours, and the remaining spectators tended to be those who knew someone in the race.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Ooh boy, this was an interesting question to ask. Not a bad question--maybe not the right forum for it, but maybe it was, depending upon what we find out in the coming days. And it leads me to some questions concerning the whole pre-explosion drill situation. (1) Is it uncommon for security drills to take place during an event among security organizations and groups? It seems intuitively pointless to me to have a drill during an event, however I'm no trained security and risk management expert, so maybe it is a common to have drills during an event? An answer to this question would help clarify (or deepen) the mystery surrounding that seemingly strange incident. Is there anyone with a security background that could elucidate on this? (2) If they did know there was going to be an act of violence, is it standard procedure to not panic people if security officials perceive that threat is imminent, by simply telling people to remain calm? Or is it standard procedure to evacuate citizens in such an event, anyway? (3) At what exact point did security officials know there might have been a security threat? Did they know days, that very day or just a few minutes before the bomb exploded? The timing of when they actually received confirmation of the threat might explain the way in which they handled the situation with the public. Again, if they only found out minutes before an attack---what exactly could they tell the public without causing more panic and potentially more death. This is of course assuming officials actually (4) knew anything about this attack before hand. Which they have might, as indicated by the drill.

Basically, all I'm seeing right now is too little information to make any type of speculation. Fase-flag of otherwise.

One other note: This is just unsubstantiated personal subjective bull on my part, but I must admit that the "lone-killer" types of killing have been ridiculously frequent, as of late. Really, to the point of being just damn suspicious. I know this can be explained by copy-cat crimes, but really? All of these incidents and not one--not one-- of them has at least one single thread of connection? That seems unbelievable to me.
edit on 16-4-2013 by ForwardDrift because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForwardDrift
Is it uncommon for security drills to take place during an event among security organizations and groups? It seems intuitively pointless to me to have a drill during an event...

I don't know how often they run drills during these events either. However it seems to me (intuitively) that it would actually be useful to have a drill during a public event; it would certainly be an opportunity for training, and there is no harm in having the resources there just in case something does go wrong.

Also, we don't know what potential information they had before hand. There may have been some sort of indication that there may be something going on, which could explain the heightened security. "Chatter" and all of that spy lingo... Or maybe an "anonymous source". I don't know if they would make that information readily available since well... The bombs went off and they essentially failed in protecting the public (or at least it will be perceived that way). It doesn't look so good to say "Well you know... We did have some information that there may be a threat... Woops. Sorry about your leg." It's just bad P.R.

I won't completely count it out, but I'm just not sold on the "False Flag" theory on this one guys. At the moment it looks legit to me.
edit on 16-4-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse

Originally posted by ForwardDrift
Is it uncommon for security drills to take place during an event among security organizations and groups? It seems intuitively pointless to me to have a drill during an event...

I don't know how often they run drills during these events either. However it seems to me (intuitively) that it would actually be useful to have a drill during a public event; it would certainly be an opportunity for training, and there is no harm in having the resources there just in case something does go wrong.

Good point, didn't really look at it from that angle.

Also, we don't know what potential information they had before hand. There may have been some sort of indication that there may be something going on, which could explain the heightened security. "Chatter" and all of that spy lingo... Or maybe an "anonymous source". I don't know if they would make that information readily available since well... The bombs went off and they essentially failed in protecting the public. It doesn't look so good to say "Well you know... We did have some information that there may be a threat... Woops. Sorry about your leg."

Yeah, I was thinking that--that they may have known something, but just didn't act on it in time (or stop it in time). Either way, that looks bad politically and in a sense morally to the public. So why bother to release such information? (Even though you could reasonably argue they shouldn't try to cover-up that knowledge to the public--as it looks--well suspicious).

I won't completely count it out, but I'm just not sold on the "False Flag" theory on this one guys. At the moment it looks legit to me.

Yeah, I'm not sold either.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

Im just talking about the title of this thread, theres no besides the point in that the title of the thread isnt correct. that is the statement im making.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice

Originally posted by NotAConsumer
reply to post by SubTruth

they warned the people that the increase in security was just a drill not when the bomb went off

4. ...well, up towards the race day, the very company that issued those apps, had an eerie reference to 4/15. (mind you... they also have a 4/25 reference. Will interesting to see if anything happens then)

I find the tag lines and design rather interesting regarding the refs with the apparent dates.

4/15 - Sits on top of Most Densely populated areas.

4/25 - Sits on top of Largest American agencies.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

1)The pics of the library are very consistent with a fire.
2)The helos over NO are just that...helicopters flying over new orleans. Happens in every major city.
3)Its already been documented that there was a drill taking place, hence the dogs at the starting line and whatnot.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
/hypothetical ON

-FBI/BPD/DHS has information about a perceived threat that something will happen during the race or in downtown Boston
- the information is sketchy to say the least but they want to take to changes so//

a) increase security and presence "just in case" the threat turns out to be real
b) concoct the "drill" story to explain away the increased presence if it were to come into question by anyone.

Bottom line : Somebody, somewhere thought that the information received wasn't enough to warrant disrupting the race in order to thwart a low-confidence threat. If they would have cancelled or moved the race and Nothing happened, think how it would have been perceived.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The city with the most cameras in America can't stop a bombing. The safest town in America cannot stop a mass shooting. The biggest city in America was brought to her knees. More protection is needed. Start the Utah data center...
cause it's one, two three strikes no rights!

There are known events that occur everyday that never come to light. Again, someone got us...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If Americans understood a little more about Islamic Jihad and not kept purposefully ignorant, we would not have to get exploded for Allah.

Stop Jihad.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Its interesting how a lot of people seem to be so quick to dismiss certain things until the media or police give a go ahead. Firstly I have seen some very good shots of the "rooftop person"which could be male or female, and I don't know about anyone else but I can make out blue jeans , a black top, but no face? It looks as though the face is being purposely hidden. Secondly the family guy boston marathon bombing sketch, I mean come on .

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join