It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Heroes: Let's start with Carlos, the "Boston Cowboy"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

he is here making his way to the scene, lookin' to help someone.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

That's priceless...Ebony and Ivory and hell yeah for Carlos...he ran into the chaos...can see why his kid served...got his dad's balls..

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I personally was proud to see the way some of the young men and women reacted who were just watching the marathon....nice job folks...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

This actually made me cry. I don't even know why? We need more people like him and less people who would do terrible things like this.

He is a hero in my book. I have so much to say but I just cant find the words.
edit on 16-4-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal

he is here making his way to the scene, lookin' to help someone.

This picture is very moving. He is running towards the carnage instead of away. As he leaps over the barriers he has to move an American flag.

It brings me to tears......this is what America should be about. Hero is a understatement.
edit on 16-4-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
He is the man...just wow.

Thanks for posting this.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

This photo is so touching. The way the flag is in the background, his determination and courage. Just wow.
It's truly worth more than a thousand words.

What an amazing man

edit on 16-4-2013 by kathael because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I just teared up at this. Thank you for posting.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
He was holding on to that flag of his all the time?
While helping others and even when he was
interviewed?

Amazing!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I'm glad you posted this.
The bombers are sick freaks.
Carlos is just the opposite.
The world needs more people like him.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
His selflessness is truly amazing!! He is a real American hero!!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This man is most certainly a hero!
He lost not only one son but two. One to a sniper's bullet in Iraq. The other to suicide.
To live through that & walk & talk after loosing two sons - he's a hero!

But especially after what he instinctively did yesterday - an absolute hero!

This article made me cry:

abcnews.go.com...

(I'm on my smarter than me phone. Sorry I only have a mobile link.)
edit on 16-4-2013 by nerdyclutzyblonde because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

There truly are no words for something like this. Yesterday afternoon, I think it was Calagarian's post that had me run to the TV set and turn CNN on. Horror, plain and simple. And disbelief.

I gave this event a lot of thoughts last night. It could have happened to me, to others I love...anyone of us could have been there...

Reflecting on what I would have done if I had been there...honest answer, I don't know.

It brings my hope back in humanity this morning, to see this post. While most were fleeing in fear and panic, people like this man took action. My father who was a WWII vet told me once that when horror strikes, you don't think, you just act...the fear overflows after...Seeing Carlos shake and tremble as he speaks in the interview makes it all true...

A true Hero.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

OK, so starting my day out bawling again, you notice how the National Guard members work in unison to get the barricade down as well? Not a single word, just working to free the area, they too caught my eye each time I see this clip. Funny how my first thought was about why they joined in so fast, but you know when it is you or your beloved laying injured in a tragedy like this, it is the heroes who don't run from the explosion but jump in to do everything they can in the moment to help and to save lives.

I did see Carlos yesterday, and a few others including the NG guys, and then noticed others who's instinct was to run, and there is no shame in running either if that is what you instinctively feel to do, otherwise the area would have been impossible to clear and survivors to get to.

So I did not notice that you were the OP in this thread at first, but as soon as I began reading the dignified and heartfelt OP I looked over and saw it was you.

I know these times are especially hard for you and your family, you guys may live out in the wild west, but you are true east coast guys at heart.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

I know these times are especially hard for you and your family, you guys may live out in the wild west, but you are true east coast guys at heart.

Interesting thought, are you implying people out "wild west" do not feel compassion for Boston as well as "east coast guys" ?
I live in the confederate south and we have a tendency to eye Yankees with distaste but I assure you we are Americans first and feel for Boston as much as any east coast americans do, as I'm sure americans out west do also.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Good people will always outnumber evil people. We forget that in times of tragedy, allow it to darken us. There were more heroes yesterday than villains. More people acted in compassion than hate. More people acted bravely than in fear. The only way to win is not just to survive, but to live.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Yep he's the NEW hero!
lets forget the others and focus on him!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Originally posted by Misbah
He son was busy killing innocent people in Iraq, At least he did not turn out that way. May God Bless him.

Posts like yours make me sick, you don't know his son, if he is anything like his father he most likely wasn't killing innocent people in Iraq.
grow up will ya!

Well answers like yours makes me sick, His son died in Irak killing innocent people because the reason he was there was to kill people for no reason at all. I'm just saying that I'm happy his dad wasn't in Irak killing people, he was in America busy saving lives. I know that his son was in Irak and he wasn't there for a good reason. A few hundred people day in Syria every day and you wake the whole world up when 2-3 dies in America. As if American lives are worth more than others.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join