It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Heroes: Let's start with Carlos, the "Boston Cowboy"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by SMR

what im getting at, is that this man is not a hero. he did not risk his life to save someones life.

He performed first aid on an injured man, when many many many other people were also doing the same around him.

We'll just agree to disagree then. That's what forums are for after all.

I believe that he did risk his life by running towards the blast not knowing if another bomb might go off. He's not the only one that ran to help out, but a large majority of the people ran off in the opposite direction of the blast.

Carlos just happened to stand out a bit more due to his cowboy hat and the fact that he was holding a legless mans arteries in his bare hands. It's one thing to comfort a victim until the trained paramedics arrive, but pinching off a mans artery with your fingers in the midst of that chaos, takes a unique individual.

SMR

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Well said Brother !

Not a Hero ...

edit on 4/16/2013 by SMR because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I grabbed this from this post from another thread. I honestly cannot understand the mentality so many members exhibit when something horrible like this happens. It doesn't get more real than this interview of Carlos trying to get to the train station to get home.

He states what town he lives in on the video, turns out it's about 5 minutes from my home. I've never met him but we've been involved in some of the same things, I'm going to try to find out how to send him flowers or something. I feel like I have the stomach for a lot and mentality for a lot, but I don't know that I could have held a man's leg arteries without either losing my mind or losing consciousness the way he did.

He saved that mans life, he ran into area where two bombs had just gone off, not knowing whether there would be more. If that isn't the definition of a hero, then a definition of hero simply does not exist.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

I honestly cannot understand the mentality so many members exhibit when something horrible like this happens. It doesn't get more real than this interview of Carlos trying to get to the train station to get home.

There are those who will never "get it" Kali.

Originally posted by Kali74
He saved that mans life, he ran into area where two bombs had just gone off, not knowing whether there would be more. If that isn't the definition of a hero, then a definition of hero simply does not exist.

The best response so far.

How many others are willing to rush into danger, forsaking their own lives ?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I offer this as a worthy contribution to this excellent thread.

SnF !

SMR

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
You bashed this entire thread and NOW because you found a video of someone else helping others, it's 'Star and Flag' worthy to you ... At least you get it now, I guess.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
supposedly carlos is pushing a double amputee who strapped on a fake torn off leg according to several people on Facebook?

Any thought about this image? I did not create, this I only run across this:

______beforeitsnews/alternative/2013/04/this-showed-up-on-facebook-boston-marathon-crisis-actors-repeat-of-sandy-hook-photos-2621866.html?utm_sou rce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=beforeitsnews

SMR

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
You're late to the game, pal. Already been through this dis-info subject. It's not the Vet that lost his legs pretending to be someone else with blown off limbs. Go back in the thread a read up.

It's so irritating to see people come into a thread without reading at least the middle to get an idea of what has and hasn't been covered already.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

your really grouchy today aren't you?.. are people not allowed to voice their thoughts unless its approved by you? 3 members now in this threat you've had a go at.

the 'double' amputee is odd,
where's the blood trail? why isn't he in shock and unconscious? there are two photos, in one photo he's there, in the other he's not...

I'm not saying this is fake or real, but just because YOU believe something doesnt mean other people are idiots for not thinking the same way.

Have a drink and smile for life ffs.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Many saw that facebook thing a few hours before this post came into existence.

Honestly, i thought SO was being sarcastic at first, as even if you discount the guy isnt that other guy (in the Facebook pic).. so much does not addup.. but then i realized.. no.. he's serious.

I'm sad now, It seems even the site owner drinks the water.. i was mistaken in my faith that this place may have had a hope of seeing past the blatant lies and huge holes in what your told by the MSM.

But obviously thats just "in spirit".. isnt it... when the MSM says "jump sukka and feel this hurt we give you" you say 'thank you sir.. may i have another"

The very existence of this thread has shown me what side the site has taken, and it aint "ours"

Please... for the love of your country (if you have any) wake up, this reeks of setup, and if didn't know better i'd say this thread is a possible net to catch a bomber

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Again with the flag... what's the big deal?
Seems like every interview with Carlos that
flag is shown. How is that important?

SMR

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

You have got to be kidding me ...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I don't mean to be rude but back In Asia and middle east were there are bombing almost daily you see people coming to help the very same way...

Now you may ask what is the difference....

Difference here is that \in the Middle east and Asia terror attacks are carried out with twin explosions, one small bombing to attract the crowd to help and then a big explosion to kill the rescuers .... sometimes it is followed by a third as well...

Thats real bravery....to help someone despite the fact that you know a bomb should explode again .... No question the guy (Carlos) is indeed brave and has an iron will to help people ..but this exists everywhere as well ....

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

It could well be argued that he DID risk his life.

Secondary explosions (designed to kill and maim first responders, finish off victims of the original blast and inflict more horror and death) are quite common in terroristic bombings. By far, MOST of the people in the vicinity ran in any direction other than toward the aftermath of the explosion.

In that respect, I think his actions qualify as heroic.

I hope I could respond similarly under similar circumstances.

SMR

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by snewpers

It seriously bothers you that he explains his story and the flag happens to be part of it ?
Man. People say I'm grumpy ...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
You bashed this entire thread and NOW because you found a video of someone else helping others, it's 'Star and Flag' worthy to you ... At least you get it now, I guess.

I bashed the whole thread ? Are you gonna call me Basher now ? In my defense I could point out that I did start
another thread. And as I said, it was closed and I was told to direct my comments here concerning Mr. Areedondo.
However, I chose to acknowledge what Blaine pointed out to me and rather than offer excuses I chose to
apologize to the OP.

Not you.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Nah, not bothered, but more annoyed really.
Those reporters also seem to be keen
on showing the bloody flag, in every picture
and interview. Is that to show his patriotism
or something? But yah, I could also be just
grumpy.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by vpjanitorial
supposedly carlos is pushing a double amputee who strapped on a fake torn off leg according to several people on Facebook?

Any thought about this image? I did not create, this I only run across this:

______beforeitsnews/alternative/2013/04/this-showed-up-on-facebook-boston-marathon-crisis-actors-repeat-of-sandy-hook-photos-2621866.html?utm_sou rce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=beforeitsnews

No. It's not Lt. Vogt
The man Carlos is pushing is Jeff Bauman. Those are real injuries. There's plenty of news sources on who he is. There's other Boston bomb victim photos ive seen with the same leg injuries.

Most of the injuries involved lower extremeties because the bomb was low to the ground.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I'm sure its been said here already in this thread, since I don't have time to search for it and read through every post, I will say it again as it needs all the reiteration it can get.

These people, I don't care their affiliation or nationality wealth social status, that go around killing innocent people to make a statement or gain financially or politically are far outnumbered by the lights of the world. The good people who fight the good fight everyday in everyway that they can.

The darkness of this world will never win, you and everyone here knows this as truth. As long as the Sun peeks its head over our horizons everyday humanity will be o.k. in the end.

It might get ugly and scary at times, but never lose faith in good people in this world. It'll get better, but as that old proverb says it always gets darkest before dawn. The boston cowboy may just be the image we as humans need to see that we are the key to saving this world and species.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jihadoflove

Its fight or flight, really. You don't really know which you'll do until you've been put in a situation that wakes up that very instinct.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join