It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meanwhile....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Asian markets having massive tumble as I write this. Anybody that watches money markets know that
Asian markets react to US markets and euro markets react to both. And I've noticed that in the past markets usually have either bad news or "market corrections", it usually happens on a Thursday or Friday, so TPTB have the weekend to settle everything down. This is fact.
In this case it has happened on a Monday which leads me to believe that this is not in they're control. Yes Boston marathon bombing has something to do with it but this "market corrections" has been going on throughout the day.

Point being, we are going to have a long week and I think more market events are going to come to light throughout the week.
Please post any thoughts regarding this subject,
www.cnbc.com...
www.cnbc.com...
blogs.marketwatch.com...

Thanks

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Of course they took a tumble...

The bombing in Boston could have been a Saudi with no connection to Iran or Alqueda, certainly nothing to do with the situation in North Korea but everyone in the world knows when the USA gets hit we lash out like a child and take the toys of the next nearest kid regardless if that kid had anything to do with it or not.

A Saudi with a weak bomb in Boston could very well equal an Assassination attempt on Kim Jong Un or worse the way we operate "gotta show em we wont take it" after all....

Who Knows? You can't really speculate what America is capable of so of course the Markets clench their sphincters when anything happens...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by penninja

I understand what your saying. That could very well be spot on. My thinking is take away the Boston marathon bombing and would this stock market tumble have happened anyways. I believe yes!

I think.......hmmmm... Maybe predict that we will see some major corrections with stock markets throughout the world by the end of this week. With so much being thrown at the markets from many angles, it has weakened and very soon I believe, there will be an economic collapse worse than 2008!

edit on 15-4-2013 by Flyzoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyzoid

I understand what your saying. That could very well be spot on. My thinking is take away the Boston marathon bombing and would this stock market tumble have happened anyways. I believe yes!

I think.......hmmmm... Maybe predict that we will see some major corrections with stock markets throughout the world by the end of this week. With so much being thrown at the markets from many angles, it has weakened and very soon I believe, was will have a collapse worse than 2008!

I know another collapse is virtually inevitable, and things could very well get a lot bleaker, but I just have one question one of you might be able to answer... How will the average Joe like myself actually "know" when it has happened, or is happening?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

The market was already down 200 on the Dow and about 30 on the S&P when the bombing occurred. So blaming the pre-existing drop on a yet to happen unforeseeable future event doesnt make any sense.

edit on 4/15/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

I think.......hmmmm... Maybe predict that we will see some major corrections with stock markets throughout the world by the end of this week. With so much being thrown at the markets from many angles, it has weakened and very soon I believe, was will have a collapse worse than 2008!

I know another collapse is virtually inevitable, and things could very well get a lot bleaker, but I just have one question one of you might be able to answer... How will the average Joe like myself actually "know" when it has happened, or is happening?

I don't think it means much to the average Joe... no.

The portion of poor in america that's poor already doesn't have much anyway, food stamps will continue, no one this sort of thing matters to is sitting there dying because Facebook stock lost them money or whatever, in fact when a guy who looses 3.5 of 7 Million in the market has that happen it doesn't much affect anyone

Jobs.... jobs can be lost in cases where some companies loose a lot...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
A report today, before the bombings, said that gold is going to drop, plunge if you will. Worst single day drop since the 80s. We will see.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by penninja

Originally posted by fairguy

I don't think it means much to the average Joe... no.

The portion of poor in america that's poor already doesn't have much anyway, food stamps will continue, no one this sort of thing matters to is sitting there dying because Facebook stock lost them money or whatever, in fact when a guy who looses 3.5 of 7 Million in the market has that happen it doesn't much affect anyone

Jobs.... jobs can be lost in cases where some companies loose a lot...

That was kind of what I meant, it's the same in Britain most of us are poor already and there isn't a lot of jobs to go round as it is so how will we "know" when it's actually any worse, when it's already as bad as it gets for some at present?

Thanks for the reply.

edit on 15-4-2013 by fairguy because: I facked up.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

Personally, average joes like you and myself and well, I suspect most if not all of us on ATS won't know the collapse is happening until it starts. But I believe that the saying goes, what goes up must come down and the bigger they are the harder they fall. World markets right now can be compared to an old star going supernova.
It's grown so large that it can't sustain itself and it is collapsing into itself.

It was only a matter of time I think. Buy gold! Buy silver! DJIA breaks yet another record!
So much hypothetical dollars, gold and silver being thrown around!

The worst part is, it's us average ATS joes and families (main street world) that's gonna feel it
When our grocery shelves are empty and our children are hungry.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Yep here is an article from cnbc on Saturday downplaying a possibility of inflation.
Yes I believe the fed might be secretly injecting money into the markets to calm it down. On cameras
Everything looks okay but I assure you there is Ben bernanke and associates basically sticking quick patches on the ship (our economy) to keep it from sinking they repair one hole, two more appear. This has been going on for years.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Really we lash out like a baby? Are you serious
It's called retaliation....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco

Really we lash out like a baby? Are you serious
It's called retaliation....

It's called "retaliation" when you actually strike back against the people who caused the trouble in the first place...

Like a baby is when a kid pulls your hair from behind and you sock the guy in front of your face and take his legos...

again today, it seems a SAUDI did this... (not even saying Iraq was a bad idea) That kid needed to be socked in the jaw lol.... and Afghanistan breeds a lot of trouble makers and Iran... well they definitely are trouble... and you do need to get rid of Syria to deal with them...

We still haven't gotten to the Saudis tho lol

So market fluctuations when dealing with US response? Hell yeah What convoluted route we take here.... anyone's guess

edit on 15-4-2013 by penninja because: (no reason given)

top topics

join