It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear attack from space ? NK satellite ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Forgive me if this isn't the correct forum.
How probable (or possible?) do you guys think it is that a country (ie iran,north korea or any for that matter) could launch what would seem to be a "normal" satellite into orbit that could have the capabilities to fire a WMD down anywhere it wanted? Either to directly affect a specific area or create a EMP that could cause possibly more damage over a greater area long term.... I am unfamiliar with the technical details of the possibilty of launching weapons from space. I know it is obviously a concern becuase there is a treaty in place in regards to nukes in space, just curious about some of you educated peoples opinions I suppose..
IDK why this has been on my mind so much lately but
this is something that I have pondered since December when north korea launched there first "satellite" test. I have done some research on on the matter and cant find a whole lot of useful info on the subject.. One major thing is, ... something just hasn't set right with me and Kim Jong and his whole escapade. He is not the run of the mill crazed leader of a rouge country. From what I gather he is educated, up to date on technology, physics, and the internet. I realize he is obviously is not in his right mind, but he has played his hand well and is either a great bluffer, or has a card up his sleeve....... (Just my opinion of course). But I suppose the main question would be how probable could this scenerio even be ? That he or Iran or a combined group , could have the capabilities of pulling off something like this ( attack from space ?) and what your opionions on the matter may be.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AHUGE1

It would be an EMP, and North Korea already launched a satellite that could possibly do this.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AHUGE1
IDK why this has been on my mind so much lately

The msm mind control is working.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
And the satelites orbit is over eastern us for a period of time.....
But the iranis have also satelites up there do they not?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if the US, Russia and China do already have such satellites.
It'd violate international treaties on space, AFAIK.

I don't think Iran or NK have the required know-how to develop a working, ready for deployment model.

It's not an impossibility though.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
That's a good question.

There is a long discussion about that here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AHUGE1

Honestly, I think that even if lil Kimmie was stupid enough to send a nuke or two over the continental US and detonate it causing an EMP he surely has to know that his country will be a hole in the ground in no time. He would have to have several to take out the whole continental US, even if they were the low-yield ones which is all he can possibly have.

Also it would take a pretty sophisticated targeting system, fire control, satellite uplink, etc. Something I doubt they have much access to.

The military is "hardened" against these types of things and there is backups for the backups. The civilians would be screwed for a while but hey, I would'nt mind. I'm tired of everyone I see starting at the phones texting people all day acting like they are socializing.

Personally I think he is playing the same game as his predecessor and is making alot of noise so he can keep the foreign aid rolling in. I might be wrong, but worrying about it will do nothing but make you stressed out unnecessarily

edit on 15-4-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

hahaha yes i get that totally in regards to the overall gist , but i have not heard any mention about being attacked from space or the possibility of it etc.... and that was what i meant in the regard about the " on my mind"

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
That's a good question.

There is a long discussion about that here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

thanks for the link. I did a search, but ever since the new search engine on here i have no luck with my searches.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
reply to post by AHUGE1

Honestly, I think that even if lil Kimmie was stupid enough to send a nuke or two over the continental US and detonate it causing an EMP he surely has to know that his country will be a hole in the ground in no time. He would have to have several to take out the whole continental US, even if they were the low-yield ones which is all he can possibly have.

Also it would take a pretty sophisticated targeting system, fire control, satellite uplink, etc. Something I doubt they have much access to.

The military is "hardened" against these types of things and there is backups for the backups. The civilians would be screwed for a while but hey, I would'nt mind. I'm tired of everyone I see starting at the phones texting people all day acting like they are socializing.

Personally I think he is playing the same game as his predecessor and is making alot of noise so he can keep the foreign aid rolling in. I might be wrong, but worrying about it will do nothing but make you stressed out unnecessarily

edit on 15-4-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

No worries here ! Thanks for the input! I agree about tired of seeing people living on there phones thats for sure !!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
from space it doesnt have to be nuclear, a 12ft steel rod dropped from space would make a nice sized crater

new topics

top topics

join