It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking/Singing to Plants Helps Them Grow - evidence of plant souls or of the "oneness" of life?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

chillies are a good case in point - i've grown them myself but never looked into the development of capsicwhatever (the heat bringing bit) in the genus thingy... i'd assume it's something of a defence mechanism, just like going to the gym, learning karate or getting tooled-up for a scrap... quite human behaviours.

still frakking yummy though

and i'd bet kittens taste awesome, possibly the only way to make a lasagne even better.... ah, the sweet taste of herbs, cheese and evil

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
eating pork and beans is good for the garden. It is not only what comes out of our mouth that helps them grow well. www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Getting up close to your plants to talk or sing and you're breathing carbon dioxide on them. Plants breath carbon dioxide and respire oxygen. Its a no brainer really. Its like giving it extra air to breath.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by XaniMatriX

Do you know what you just did to my Christmas shopping list???? All those brothers and sisters omg,

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
Getting up close to your plants to talk or sing and you're breathing carbon dioxide on them. Plants breath carbon dioxide and respire oxygen. Its a no brainer really. Its like giving it extra air to breath.

I can see why you'd think that at first blush... but among other reasons, one of the the reasons that the CO2 theory isn't holding up is that plants grow more even when listening to recorded human voices.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
We know that everything is energy vibrating at different frequencies but what if it's all conscious just varying in level of awareness?

I've always believed Mother Earth is a conscious being and if you listen closely you will hear her thoughts and feel her heart beat.

The vegan thing is pretty funny when you consider that plants are just as alive as any animal, makes it kind of pointless doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

I am always talking to mine... and sometimes when my neighbor looks over at me feel a bit weird but too bad. It might appear strange especially when I am out there all by myself and people might see. Oh and I chat away to my dogs as well. They understand me, I am sure of it. Even the lengthy lectures. They know.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
as a farmer on facebook i can verify this does not work

I just laughed way out loud and even had to hold my stomach!

Farmer on Farmville?
thx

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
i totally read a few days ago that some plants had cliff richard played to them and died. i kid you not... i wish i had book-marked the souce. meh

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well, If I sang to the plants, they would probably die. If I sang to people they would probably run away. If I were to talk to the plants I would probably bore them to death with what I tell them
You guys are a captive audience

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I have heard the grass screams when it is cut. 1%
That is , my brother looked into it years ago and that's what he told me.
edit on 25-4-2013 by my1percent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Check out this video series of a home experiment using 3 plantings, one in quiet, one with classical music and one with vibration. The end results are surprising.

Pretty interesting.

Part One:

Part Two:

Part Three:

Part Four:

Part Five:

Part Six:

Part Seven:

Part Eight:

Part Nine:

edit on 25-4-2013 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Plants get energy from more than photosynthesis. When their leaves move from a breeze it helps them grow also. I think they can get nutrition from the air around them also, when you talk to them you breath out CO2 Vibration is energy, I am sure they can use that also, Plants are very evolved, mankind has yet to accept that plants evolved a lot more than we did because they have been here way before an animal stepped on this planet. Sure, photosynthesis is one of their ways of getting energy but by no means the only one. It seems like trees grow just as much in the shade also, it is just the type of growth that happens that is the difference. If that shade is from other trees, they can get energy for growth from the big trees. Look in the forest, how come some trees grow in the shade in one spot but others can't. Some trees have rhizomes.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Oops, posted to wrong thread... epic fail.
edit on 28-8-2013 by evc1shop because: posted to wrong thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join