It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US bomb kills 30 at Afghan wedding

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

What kind of sick person would even have the thought that you just had right now? Please tell us what mental deficiencies you suffer from to come to even have to ask a question like that.

Because that is the mindset of many people that post on these boards, and you know it. America is evil - they deserve all they get. Heck, we get regular posts defending people like Saddam, terrorists, and communist leaders. It gets sickening to have to listen to the anti American hate posts on a weekly basis around here.

So apologies, but that's a typical sort of post made here - we are the terrorists, not the ones that attacked us, and somehow these sorts of posts always accompany a tragedy like this. An immediate response pointing out past transgressions of the U.S., as if it justifies what is happening today. How about letting the U.S. deal with this situation.. the tragedy and loss and anger and investigation, without having to immediately bring up something to try and divert attention from what was CERTAINLY A TERROR ATTACK. Foreign or domestic, it is what it is. I get sick of people trying to lessen the impact with posts like this one. How about we finish washing the blood off the sidewalks before we start rationalizing all the ways the U.S. are the REAL terrorists.

It's like posts regarding gun control. A shooting occurs, and while they are still carting victims from a school, people here are posting ludicrous comments about false flags, and how the evil government is trying to steal their guns.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

casualties of war....or collateral damage...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Your last few posts haven't solved the mystery - how did you come to post this? The story is old, but the dateline is new. Did you see it on another site, or come across it some other way? This isn't quite a hoax (well, maybe it's an inadvertent hoax) but the thread is wrong pertaining to today. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I call it carpet bombing, because this specific attack was the LAST time a b-52 was used in Afghanistan for the exact reason that it caused too many casualties. Which was in the middle of 2002. I am FULLY aware that precision guided missiles create casualties as well, but nowhere near the numbers just dropping bombs on an area can do.

You seem to have no idea the collateral damage that traditional bombing have caused over the years. Nothing can truly stop collateral damage except peace, and since we can not have that, at least we are trying to pinpoint them and take them out as opposed to just nuking the bastards.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 15-4-2013 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
So am I reading this right..? It was the *US army* that was responsible for it ? And they admitt to it?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Maybe if people are to cry a river, you can do it for these unlucky souls who got in the way in Iraq....

Utter fail to the people of America! If you would take a short look at what is really going on in the world, you would see that there is a boat load more going on than 9/11 or Boston....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I do not know if firing guns in the air in a war zone is the smartest thing to do. They should use a little more common sense. This is no different than if you left your lights on for the battle for Briton

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
It's called an error in judgement and hopefully the person that gave the go ahead for this strike will be fired or demoted from their position.

Stuff like that tends to happen in a war torn country like Afghanistan.
I'm quite certain those who lost all their loved ones don't see it that way. Would you if it were the other way around?
edit on 15-4-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

Originally posted by cleverhans
Pretty sure this is from 2002...

www.guardian.co.uk...

The date on the OP's source is April 16, 2013...So unless it's photoshopped, it's new. I thought it was the earlier attack as well, until I looked at the source. What a coincidence, a horrible counter-point to the Boston tragedy.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

This wouldn't be the first time I've seen the Daily Mail run an old story as if it were brand new. Their credibility stinks.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Afghanistan, and other desert shít holes, are veritable war zones, if not exactly that. Boston is a civilised city.

This topic has little to do with anything. Mods should close it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Apparantly posting this was an honest mistake of some kind by the OP. Can you tell us, OP, how the posting occurred, and how you found the story, so we all can be on guard about posting stories? Thanks. The DailyMail really should have a way to tell people it's "old news" and not toss up the current date on all stories no matter how old.
Who cares if its old news or not? People need to be reminded that Americans aren't the only ones suffering in the world!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

Afghanistan, and other desert shít holes, are veritable war zones
Esspecially now we're there!
Remove this thread? I think not bubb!
Remove you? Now that would be a good start!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The value of each soul lost in a tragic act of violence, is not contingent upon ones nationality. My heart aches for all Humanity.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

somehow these sorts of posts always accompany a tragedy like this. An immediate response pointing out past transgressions of the U.S., as if it justifies what is happening today.
So all those drone attacks Obama-jad has been making lately (resulting in death) are irrelevant?

I don’t condone the death of any innocent person. But if there is a country out there that has it coming more than the rest, it would be the US. America needs a wakeup call! I hate to say it, but, paybacks are a b!tCh!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Did anyone on that flagged, starred and commented on this thread read the full article listed in the OP!?!?!?!? This is from 2002 PEOPLE. Not today! I swear to god some of you people on this site just blindly follow any opinion you see and hear. This article is 11 years old people wow!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
After discussion and research by the staff, this appears to be an old news story from July 02, 2002.

Thread Closed....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join