It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.F.O.'s in Art and Cave Paintings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Are there U.F.O.'s depicted in art, cave paintings and ancient text? I say yes.

First, it makes no sense when I see skeptics trying to debunk U.F.O.'s in art and cave paintings.
The reason this occurs is because of belief.

They equate U.F.O. with extraterrestrials and yet they say U.F.O. doesn't equal extraterrestrial.

If U.F.O.'s are not extraterrestrials and some of them are produced by atmospheric conditions, then why wouldn't the ancients see these same U.F.O.'s and depict them like they do clouds or stars?

Now I personally think these depictions are of U.F.O.'s and some of these U.F.O.'s are controlled by extraterrestrials. In Biblical artwork, I think they were just capturing imagery from the Bible. I think the Bible is a visitation account of extraterrestrial or extra-dimensional beings. Throughout the Bible there's chariots of fire, Ezekiel's wheel and clouds that fly swiftly in the sky.

These clouds are said to return with Christ and people like Moses was taken up into the cloud and carried into the mountains.

My point is though, why is there a need to debunk U.F.O.'s in Cave Paintings and Artwork if U.F.O.'s are not extraterrestrial? If some are atmospheric in nature, then why wouldn't the ancients see and depict these U.F.O.'s?

Here's some of them here:

www.bibleufo.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

My belief is storytelling, hallucinations and dreams. We know that people do these things so I don't think it's a stretch.

I must admit you do start some good threads. Fire away!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here is an interesting link of some modern day UFO paintings from South American Indians. These were done under the influence of hallucinogens.

miqel.com...

What is your take on that?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

It's been discussed a lot mate www.abovetopsecret.com... and it comes down to the usual brick wall, those who believe against those who do not.

It is really just everyone's own personal perception and possibly, assumption in trying to think like our ancestors thought back then when they created whichever piece of ancient "UFO" artwork. Personally, I think there's a lot to it .

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian
Here is an interesting link of some modern day UFO paintings from South American Indians. These were done under the influence of hallucinogens.

miqel.com...

What is your take on that?

Not all ancient cultures dabbled in mind-altering substances. Yet still we see they documented unnatural phenomenon as it happened.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Shaxuul

^ Indeed, I think the explanations given for biblical paintings of 'UFOs' explain well that they are not representing saucers but it is wrong to claim that all paintings, drawings and such that exist are all because of superstitions, yet alone dreaming or hallucinating.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I dislike when people try their best to debunk things. I always believed it was good for people to think of these things and question them rather than just dismiss them. Real or Not it creates a magical thought if one contemplates the question of why these things show up in caves, paintings, stories etc.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImpactoR
reply to post by Shaxuul

^ Indeed, I think the explanations given for biblical paintings of 'UFOs' explain well that they are not representing saucers but it is wrong to claim that all paintings, drawings and such that exist are all because of superstitions, yet alone dreaming or hallucinating.
you forgot storytelling!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

My belief is storytelling, hallucinations and dreams.

Ah but not on a mundane level. Its the storytelling of archetypes not egos. It's a collective psychophysical hallucination that blurs the boundaries between subjective and objective reality and utilizes our unconscious mind-over-matter. They are non-local, living dreams and myths that can't be contained by mundane notions of everyday dreams...because reality is more like a giant cosmic dream than like a giant mindless machine.

edit on 16-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

It's been discussed a lot mate www.abovetopsecret.com... and it comes down to the usual brick wall, those who believe against those who do not.

Speaking of brick walls...

Noticed you linked your thread and not THIS ONE.

The OP might want to weigh actual info vs. fringe beliefs based on ignorance.

On second thought, probably not.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Speaking of brick walls...

Noticed you linked your thread and not THIS ONE.

The OP might want to weigh actual info vs. fringe beliefs based on ignorance.

On second thought, probably not.

That's funny mate but when it comes to this debate, there is no real information apart from the artwork and the alleged stories that accompany them.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule

My belief is storytelling, hallucinations and dreams.

Ah but not on a mundane level. Its the storytelling of archetypes not egos. It's a collective psychophysical hallucination that blurs the boundaries between subjective and objective reality and utilizes our unconscious mind-over-matter. They are non-local, living dreams and myths that can't be contained by mundane notions of everyday dreams...because reality is more like a giant cosmic dream than like a giant mindless machine.

Yes, nothing mundane about it. I actually agree with what you say here on some level. When you do explore this route, the blurring will occur. I do believe what is depicted in art in general is the subjective reality of the artist and not a record of objective reality. Even if these things did occur in objective reality, it is still a subjective interpritation.

So why do people that take dmt always see the same type of beings and machines? Are they seeing an alternate reality? Same question of dreams.

That some of these are interpritations of "visions", I have no doubt. And that some of these are interpritations of those interpritations is also true. That some of these are interpritations of natural events is also true.

That there seems to be a "UFO" motif throughout history seems to be true. That these are depictions of actual objective "crafts" can not be determined.

Well, that's what i think and not "claim".

edit on 16-4-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think the Ancients saw U.F.O.'s and they depicted them in Cave paintings and in paintings. You also here about them in ancient texts like the Sumerians, Vimanas and in the Bible. The Bible is full of visitation accounts.

You had chariots of fire and swift clouds. In Isaiah, it says the Lord rideth on a swift cloud.

This cloud was at the transfiguration on the Mount.

After six days Jesus took with Him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 2 There He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. 3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

4 Peter said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”

5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is My Son, whom I love; with Him I am well pleased. Listen to Him!”

6 When the disciples heard this, they fell face down to the ground, terrified. 7 But Jesus came and touched them. He said, “Get up. Don’t be afraid.” 8 When they looked up they saw no one except Jesus.

Matthew 17

Jesus returns with these clouds. In the Ascension, Jesus was taken up by a cloud. Moses was taken up by a cloud and carried into the mountains.

Here goes some more verses about these clouds.

www.bibleufo.com...

I brought this up because I never understood why skeptics try to debunk U.F.O.'s in artwork and cave paintings if the same skeptic doesn't think extraterrestrial visitation has occurred? Why wouldn't U.F.O.'s be recorded in cave paintings and art if they're atmospheric?

Also, the hallucination thing is interesting and I have no problem looking into a psychological component for some U.F.O.'s and abduction cases. But again, it would be silly to think everyone who has photoed or made a video of a U.F.O. is hallucinating or every eyewitness account is a hallucination. That would be like saying all U.F.O.'s are extraterrestrials.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

When you do explore this route, the blurring will occur. I do believe what is depicted in art in general is the subjective reality of the artist and not a record of objective reality. Even if these things did occur in objective reality, it is still a subjective interpritation.

Subjective and objective reality can be blurred because the nature of reality is not mere materialism. It's mental transcendental monism. The subjective/objective dichotomy is false... consciousness is One. Our separateness is an illusion. Subjective experiences can happen 'out there'... multiple people can share it. We can project it.

Objective experiences can happen 'in here'... archetypes of the collective unconscious can cross that boundary in a 'paranormal' way.

Not a very convenient thing. But it's the truth, and unfortunately it means we can't just sweep the subjective under the rug and get on with our day. Not for long.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Also, the hallucination thing is interesting and I have no problem looking into a psychological component for some U.F.O.'s and abduction cases. But again, it would be silly to think everyone who has photoed or made a video of a U.F.O. is hallucinating or every eyewitness account is a hallucination. That would be like saying all U.F.O.'s are extraterrestrials.

True. Also true is that it's impossible to prove. How could anyone say that someone hallucinated with 100% confidence? The way I look at it is that we do know that people do hallucinate. We do know the chemistry involved and we do know that you don't have to be mentally ill and so on. So we can look at cases (all?) and examine that possibility and it can never really be ruled out, I don't think.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Exact Spot to video
Hello, this fixes ufos in the painting for medieval times.

The paintings with religious themes do not have ufos in them. Just watch the video!
edit on 16-4-2013 by NotAConsumer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Because New Agers go crazy for them like a moth to the flame.

top topics

join