It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're all insane...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Nothing drives a person to insanity more than time alone in the wilderness.

Now I'm confused, who's projecting more? You or I?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Can't be insane. My DNA is registered with the galactic federation of light. The fee guaranteed sanity during this 4D phase change.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It's amazing to me the things we deal with on a daily basis that some would say borders on insanity.

Getting away from the TV, Cell phones, traffic, over-population, constant bombardment from ads, the daily grind and the general frustrations of the big city for just a week makes you realize that it doesn't have to be that way.

There's a ranch I visit every year just north of the Big Bend Nat'l park. None of the distractions I listed above are present, it's just you and vast stretches of virgin desert. Most would probably loose it because it's so quiet. The area is a "no-fly" zone as well so except for the occasional border patrol helicopter you don't see anything in the sky except for buzzards and hawks.

When I return home, a ten hour drive, it seems like I don't belong there anymore. The feeling that I should be back in the desert is overwhelming. I look around at all the people, congestion and clutter and it disgusts me.

We humans (most of us) have seriously lost touch with our primal nature. We have forgotten the divinity of the natural world and wage war against it. Our constant battle against nature has become our mythos. We wage war on everything, drugs, poverty, terror, etc... We are probably the only species on the planet that seeks to eliminate any and all competition for resources, when we should be striving to live in harmony with nature.

Our current mythos and the lifestyle it seeks to perpetuate is unsustainable... it will be our death knell.

That's why we're all insane....

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Sounds a bit like camping... Most do that too. Not the RV camping, or the commercialized camping sites, but the 'you may turn up missing and be on David's list of curiosities' camping. Just be sure to buy his book so you know what NOT to do.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

ChuckNasty

Sounds a bit like camping... Most do that too. Not the RV camping, or the commercialized camping sites, but the 'you may turn up missing and be on David's list of curiosities' camping. Just be sure to buy his book so you know what NOT to do.

haha... right.

Yeah.. it is camping, without a tent. I like to sleep under the stars. It's primitive. My hobby is lapidary (grinding rocks to makes stones for jewelry) I go to W. Texas to hunt for good material. I spend most of my time there alone just hunting rocks. There is something very cathartic about the experience. It seems perfectly normal to me to talk to the wind, express my intent, express gratitude for blessings and just being alive. The owner of the ranch likes to say that when you live there you don't need to go to church as you are as close to God as you will ever be.

It's all about perspective really... it's difficult to see just how crazy the world is until you actually get away from it.

As for David and his books... I don't know what his intentions are but the more I dig into it the more I am convinced that he sensationalizes the cases he investigates. It borders on exploitation... just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You're all insane...

Yes, thank you...

My therapist thinks he's normal.

My therapist scares the hell out of me...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

hehehe... Most of the ones I've encountered seem to need "therapy" more than those they are providing too...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Was this desert trip on a horse with no name baby ???

p.s if the vid don't embed due to new changes on here, then Aaaaaaaaargh....insanity in progress

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

The horse's name is Goldie....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join