It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funny the way time works

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I just made a few posts to a certain thread.....and despite the fact they should have shown up on the recent posts page, they did not. In fact, that thread is almost relegated to pg.; 2 of tecent postst. Now, pardon me, for this isn't much of an OP to start a thread and I certainly respect and take seriously the rules and requests of ATS in terms of everything, but in particular, in starting new threads with little or no information but a Youtu.be clip.....not dissing youtu.be here, either, so don't go there.

My point is, time. Time as a non constant, but posed and proposed as a constant. Got me? Or whatever present you are inhabiting, get me?

What time is it now? Do you know? Do you accept what the clock tells you, and what clock would that be.....the one your computer, digitally speaks to you, or analog, or for the physics people, the decay of matter? and while we're at it, which "clock" does ATS recent posts subscribe to?

Just a thread for your entertainment, for according to some, we are here to entertain ourselves and envious of the endeavors of those who brought this opportunity to us. Don't mistake my intent: I am grateful for the opportunity to communicate. But I am hardly entertained, any more than I am envious......

But I digress, for this was not the purpose of the OP. See the first paragraph for that.
Thanks for reading and your contemplative skills....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I couldn't help it. You should enjoy this
Gotta love George carlin
edit on 15-4-2013 by Banquo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Too confusing, what are you saying?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

never mind. If you don't get it by what I wrote, nothing I could write now would give you the vision. I don't mean anything by that;;;; it's just is what it is....my poor communication skills. I wrote the thread in a tizzy'; admittedly not the way to write a thread.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Banquo

Your Carlin link isn't working and I wish it was, cause I could use the humor now, and yes, gotta love him, may he rest in peace....

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

We know that time is not a constant since Einstein.

But he surely didn´t mean it the way you did. My guess would be that you probably just are a little confused about what you posted where and when.

The other option would be that you experienced a massive time anomaly, which I really have to rather doubt.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banquo

I couldn't help it. You should enjoy this
Gotta love George carlin
edit on 15-4-2013 by Banquo because: (no reason given)

what video was that? been deleted

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
It was George carlin "does the time bother you?"

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Banquo

No, time doesn't bother me, but the lies and the quality of all our lives does.....

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
This is something I used to think about a lot as a kid. Something I used to get into arguments over with friends (when time travel enters the conversation). What is time? The funny thing about time is the same thing that is funny about everything else. It is only because we say it is. Time doesn't really exist for dogs the same way because of how we define it. How we use it. For me, it's a unit of measure that humans use for points of reference...but it's more too. It's a perception. We here tend to think in linear terms when it comes to everything. But inter-dimensional beings looking in, it's probably like looking at a drawing of a timeline. Easily able to drop in at any point because it's "flat" to them. It was all thoroughly explained to me once and it's hard to understand if you don't let go of 3D thinking.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

No two people's "time" is the same. The very nature of time is relative, which means that it fluctuates based on certain circumstances or outside influences. Namely gravity and motion. The quicker you are moving, the slower time travels. The more gravity effecting you, the slower time travels.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

But does it really fluctuate? Or is it the perception of the person experiencing it? Time doesn't actually fluctuate. Because we we all experience it different and can only define our experiences because time is a unit of measure. Not an actual force.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
but it's the one thing that "heals all wounds".

Time is on my side. Yes it is. ~ Mick Jagger

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppytoven

The only reason we can use time as a universal thing is because the differences between everyone on this planet's relative time rate are very small. However, what if you were in space?

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I don't understand the question. What if you were in space? It's still a perception/unit of measure. Not a force. But what if you aren't human? What is time to someone from another dimension?

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppytoven

It's hard to say. Dogs experience time differently than we do, so it reasons that an extradimensional being would as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
so, I wrote this thread quite a while ago, and then, totally unlike me, really, failed to keep track of it, or continue replying, or even star my repliers!! No, not like me at all. So, I apologize for the late response. However, I do have one, as your question is a very good one….as to what if we were in space, considering time….

Well, I've read enough of your posts to know you're fairly smart, so I don't need to really go into space/time relativity here. We both aleady know that. Or, at least, the supposition of that science, that we accept as reality in the here and now.

There was a science fiction short story about just the question you've raised here: how time would be experienced differently in the vastness of space, perhaps. Unfortunately, though I'm relatively well read, I have a defficeint memory. Anyway, in general, in an attempt to answer your cogent question, if we were in space, we might experience time in a totally different manner than we do here, as I'm sure you are already aware, as it is absolutely "relative" to "where" you are……which could be a whole other conundrum..

The point of the thread, in general, for the posters above who didn't seem to get it,which I'm sure was due to my poor communication skills at the time, is…most of us rely upon our computers or cell phones to tell what time it is.
It used to be the gold standard for "real" time was radioactive decay. I don't even know if anyone keeps track of such things anymore. The reason the radioactive decay is important is this: time can be seen as just a linear order of events by which we reference. The half life radioactive decay of certain isotopes and using their decay progress as a means to track "time" is/was an effort to link time to a really meaningful and natural process, unaffected by mankind and/or technology, supposedly…..

Thanks for your response.
tetra

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Tetra the rolling stones baby tiiiiimmmeee is on my side, listening now.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

When someone checks their cell phone or their computer for the time, that time is being synchronized with central computer that broadcasts the time. That time is atomic based. So we still do base time on atomic decay rates.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I just made a few posts to a certain thread.....and despite the fact they should have shown up on the recent posts page, they did not. In fact, that thread is almost relegated to pg.; 2 of tecent postst.

did you have a separate tab open for recent posts?

and you didn't refresh the recent post tab after posting in the threads you posted in?

What time is it now? Do you know?

Its now isn't it? for me, the time is now, what you or I do with it is what matters as matter is what we are said to be, maybe with a spark of light or darkness giving us our inspiration to do what we do.

Do you accept what the clock tells you, and what clock would that be.....the one your computer, digitally speaks to you, or analog, or for the physics people, the decay of matter? and while we're at it, which "clock" does ATS recent posts subscribe to?

I use the clocks, which ever ones are around when they are required for my matter to be in the same location as other matter.

Just wondering what the general conspiracy is you are getting at or just chit chatting?

I like discussions about time so I had to reply.

Oh looks its time to hit reply so that in time (which is now as you are reading) will be read by an observer of your thread.

Its always now, even the past is now in my mind just as the future is now in my mind, not just mine but anyone with time in mind.

WOW I just traveled in time, or just hallucinated the date of the OP as being today or confused a recent post with the OP being today, yeah lets go with that.

edit on 11-2-2015 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join