It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston bombing Obama speech vs G.W. Bush 9/11 Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Just watched President Obama's speech after the Boston bombings and it struck something in my memory, more precisely, G.W. Bush's speech after the 9/11 events...

Here is G.W. Bush's speech: www.americanrhetoric.com...

I can't find Obama's speech yet as it just happened but I find a lot of similarities, in the way both speeches are structured, the key phrases, etc.

It is horrible what happened in Boston. I do wish that all this hate, violence, bombings, etc. would just stop one day, just stop. It's enough. Too many people die, too many tears, just all stop.

EDIT: UPDATE: Barack Obama Speech: www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-4-2013 by kobewan69 because: updates

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kobewan69

Would you like to point out some of the key phrases and some of the similarities and why you find them so interesting?

I mean of course there will be similar key phrases and points made because they are two similar events and so therefore some of the reassurances and phrases are going to be the same or similar.

-Alien

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct

Would you like to point out some of the key phrases and some of the similarities and why you find them so interesting?

I mean of course there will be similar key phrases and points made because they are two similar events and so therefore some of the reassurances and phrases are going to be the same or similar.

-Alien

star and agree.

The American language itself is limited to the similarities of these tragedies. Though both were tragedies I am having a hard time seeing the similarities between this bombing and 9/11. This is more like an IRA attack than anything.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well the first phrase that jumped in my ears was the "Make no mistake about it", usually when I hear that phrase some conflict is about to start

But to try to answer your question:

Both speeches are about the same length, about 3 minutes and 40-50 seconds,

Both speeches follow about the same pattern, a bit of dramatisation, a bit of "full government resources", "increased security", "make no mistake", "those responsible will face.....justice".

Both speeches have about the same number of paragraphs, structured almost the same, some words are different but my point is that hearing Barack Obama it felt like hearing G.W. Bush.... for the first time. And I hope it's just paranoia

@ALIEN:

The reason why I find this interesting is that Barack Obama is one of the best communicators out there, and never, in any previous circumstances has his speech been almost the same as his former "arch enemy". I found his speech strange, his speeches never sounded like this...
edit on 15-4-2013 by kobewan69 because: added response

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

I am not saying that there is any similarity in the bombings and 9/11, what I am saying is that the speech of Barack Obama sounded like the speech of G.W. Bush from 9/11. And it was for the first time since Obama is president that he sounded like Bush. I used to work for 4 years in political communication and I used to write a bunch of speeches for politicians in my country. All I am saying is that Obama's speech is Bush's refurbished speech

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Sorry I am going to say this:

Shootings,stabbings,BOMBINGS aren't ya all so glad we have government making us safe!

I cringe anytime a potus uses the word "JUSTICE".

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

on the amounts of CCTV installed in the area it shouldn't be to difficult to spot suspects that dropped the bombs there. I would say that in a couple of days they should be apprehend.

regarding the amount of violent crimes, yes, seems like everybody is going crazy

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Could this be the reason Kim Un was missing for 2 weeks

Just saying.............

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

i think nobody would buy it that NK was up to this. of course you can play the distraction with those rockets being moved around in NK while planning a terrorist attack on american soil but 2 small bombs at a marathon? what point could that prove to the world by the "great" dictator? that he is no better than a bunch of terrorists?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kobewan69

I am not saying that there is any similarity in the bombings and 9/11, what I am saying is that the speech of Barack Obama sounded like the speech of G.W. Bush from 9/11. And it was for the first time since Obama is president that he sounded like Bush. I used to work for 4 years in political communication and I used to write a bunch of speeches for politicians in my country. All I am saying is that Obama's speech is Bush's refurbished speech

I hear and understand. I was just on the train of thought on the types of attacks because the title made my mind wander there. I was thinking that this tragedy was designed more for shock than damage. It could have been much worse. This was no 9/11.

But you are right. The speeches are similar but I guess what else can be said for the loss of innocent life? There are only so many things that can be said. To comfort the loss. Claim that everything will be applied for seeking Justice. There are others as you point out and speeches are evidence of it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I laughed when Obama said we'd get to the bottom of this and that those responsible would face swift justice.

He said the same thing about Benghazi... how long has that been now?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

I hear what you say and it is horrible what is happening in Boston. And it is true, not many words to say. It's just that if it were me, I wouldn't use term like "make no mistake about it" since it is very difficult to have a positive result for the victims and their families and people will get frustrated if there are no results.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I was expecting a more humane speech, reassuring, than a warlord's speech, dry and filled with war rhetoric. I don't want to see another war and I don't want to see another terrorist attack. And I think that most regular folk feel the same way. If the President of USA would come out and say in a speech "we are sending all our strike teams and spies to eliminate the terrorist threat worldwide once and for all I would support something like that. How hard is that? There are just so manny terrorists, most of them are known by the intelligence community.I do support one major round of terrorist cleanup, just do it and then stop al the wars. I am sick of seeing all this innocent bloodshed. This is just pointless, what did a bunch of runners and their families d to anybody? How is bombing a library a statement? I think it's just too much

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

That's only because those crimes are amplified in an era when violent crime is continuing to drop.

It's the same with violent shootings. When they do happen, they're all over the place as far as coverage goes, as if there's a mass shooting in every town in the U.S, every single day.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I guess "Not On My Watch" is statement Obama speech writers will need to remove off their list of catch phrases...

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I can't find Obama's speech yet as it just happened but I find a lot of similarities, in the way both speeches are structured, the key phrases, etc.

Could be that speechwriters for Presidents just know how to address concerns of citizens, kind of like what happens at funerals. I found nothing unusual in Obama's speech on casual notice, but maybe something deeper can be found. One does wonder why Bush talked about Freedom. I can't really see the correlary in planes hitting a building, except that the Elites did want to take away our freedoms.
Obama's speech seems pretty innocuous and I know some people here will not believe I have nothing bad to say.

join