It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UM Coach: Bomb Sniffing Dogs Were at Start, Finish Lines for “Drill”

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
reply to post by Earthscum

They had evidently got Intel that there was a possibility of an attack, so they was just running dogs through the area just for good measure. They was just telling people that it was a drill to avoid setting people on edge.

I would say there has been several terrorist attacks adverted by doing that. All these drills that they keep running are not drills, they are looking for real bombs, but they just don’t want to let people know how bad the situation really is.

Unfortunately they did not find the devices this time.

I'm probably not the only person who thinks that if they suspected there was a real threat, they should have cancelled the damn race, which could have been rescheduled, rather than risk it and hope they stop everything in time.
While I don't deny that drills in very crowded and heavily populated areas are part and parcel of training, the risks involved in treating it as a drill are horrendous. Catch them all in time, and you're all good. Miss one or don't get to them all, and you're suddenly responsible for hundreds of injuries and possibly deaths.

Canceling the race would be a terrible idea, as there would still be thousands of people in the area, and the elements of panic and confusion would also be introduced.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enonesohc

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
reply to post by Earthscum

They had evidently got Intel that there was a possibility of an attack, so they was just running dogs through the area just for good measure. They was just telling people that it was a drill to avoid setting people on edge.

I would say there has been several terrorist attacks adverted by doing that. All these drills that they keep running are not drills, they are looking for real bombs, but they just don’t want to let people know how bad the situation really is.

Unfortunately they did not find the devices this time.

I'm probably not the only person who thinks that if they suspected there was a real threat, they should have cancelled the damn race, which could have been rescheduled, rather than risk it and hope they stop everything in time.
While I don't deny that drills in very crowded and heavily populated areas are part and parcel of training, the risks involved in treating it as a drill are horrendous. Catch them all in time, and you're all good. Miss one or don't get to them all, and you're suddenly responsible for hundreds of injuries and possibly deaths.

Canceling the race would be a terrible idea, as there would still be thousands of people in the area, and the elements of panic and confusion would also be introduced.

potential panic vs potential/imminent bombing aka terrorist attack underway

yeah send the sheep to their slaughter. they can't handle being told "hey we're saving your life, please do not go to the marathon we have solid intelligence saying an attack is underway" since all of us americans are so inept at handling dire situations. And who in their right mind would want thousands of people confused on wether or not they should drive/fly home early..letting them get blown to bits seems more logical because you can never let a good crisis go to waste, right?

*pukes*

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangutang
so shortly we will hear an announcement that a perfectly preserved saudi/iranian passport has been found amongst the rubble.

The pressure cookers were probably wrapped in birth certificates. Yes I expect to hear the exact same thing. A perfectly preserved plastic ID next to an exploded device. Then soon after that some law / agenda the government wants tote.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartesia
So wait. Why didn't the bomb sniffing dogs find the bombs?

Exactly. Being inside of a pressure cooker they obviously would have. They can smell through sealed containers and there were multiple bombs. I do not believe they were there to look for the bombs.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
One of my clients is a nationally renowned security dog trainer. From what he's told me (not recently - this was in a discussion a while ago), if there were actual bomb detecting dogs there (and not just security dogs - dogs that are there mostly for show like you might see at the train station) then they would have detected the explosive substance.

The way he puts it, he could take a cotton swab, touch it to explosive material, then wipe that swab on a wall in a large room. Bring in the dog, and the dog will go *directly* to that point and alert.

The dogs are amazing and 100% accurate.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

potential panic vs potential/imminent bombing aka terrorist attack underway

yeah send the sheep to their slaughter. they can't handle being told "hey we're saving your life, please do not go to the marathon we have solid intelligence saying an attack is underway" since all of us americans are so inept at handling dire situations. And who in their right mind would want thousands of people confused on wether or not they should drive/fly home early..letting them get blown to bits seems more logical because you can never let a good crisis go to waste, right?

*pukes*

ver·sus (vûrss, -sz)
prep.
1. Abbr. v. or vs. Against: the plaintiff versus the defendant; Army versus Navy.
2. As the alternative to or in contrast with: "freedom of information versus invasion of privacy" (Ian Hamilton).

There were already thousands of people there, there is no "Vs". You cant evacuate people to a safe place if you don't know where the danger zone is, because you could be potentially leading them into the danger zone.

All Americans aren't inept, just the ones that don't think.
edit on 17-4-2013 by Enonesohc because:

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
They bomb sniffing dogs should be fired.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
what happened to the reports of multiple devices (beyond the two that took place) reported by the MSM and on radio scanner at the scene?

edit on 17-4-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
what happened to the reports of multiple devices (beyond the two that took place) reported by the MSM and on radio scanner at the scene?

edit on 17-4-2013 by NewAgeMan because: typo

I saw reports of four devices on twitter. I use CNN, Reuters, and local news.

2 were the initial bombs.

The 3rd was reported exploded by Bostons bomb squad. Shortly after it was reported that the FBI was now leading the investigation.

The fourth one was never mentioned again as far as I can tell. I assumed the FBI took it and transported it immediately to try to preserve it and find the perps signature.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join