It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Fireball In The Sky Over Central Spain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
A brilliant fireball, reported as part of a comet, flamed as it streaked across the sky above
the Spanish capital Madrid, and dazzled stargazers and astronomers...so bright it could be
seen across the entire country.

The eye-popping moment was caught on camera by the Hita Observatory as it struck the atmosphere.

Professor José Marie Madiedo, from the University of Huelva caught the incident on video...

“The collision was so violent that the fragment burst into flames creating a fireball at an altitude of about 100km.”
He added that the comet was traveling at a speed of 75,000 kph before it burned out over the Serranillos Valley.
Reportedly, the flash from the meteor could be seen as far away as Seville and Granada and astronomer Ana Leonor Hernandez from the Astronomical Center of Hite near Toledo saw it too.

“As I was looking there was a flash of light that grew in a matter of seconds. I couldn’t stop myself from screaming ‘Look!’," said Hernandez. “At that point the group turned round to see it as the fireball became more and more intense.”

“It was like an explosion with everything turning white for a few seconds, like it was broad daylight,"
Madiedo said that thankfully there was no danger that the fireball could have crashed to earth and explained, “There were several flashes of blue and green until the huge trace faded into a last flash.
We were shouting uncontrollably and we kept our eyes fixed on the sky as if we were waiting for it
to reappear. We could not believe what we had just seen."...www.digitaljournal.com...

According to observers, the celestial display was so bright it could be seen across the entire country.

The video below was caught on camera by the Hita Observatory at the University of Huelva
at around 11:45pm local time.

www.youtube.com...

www.natureworldnews.com...

www.express.co.uk...
edit on 15-4-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
So is it modern communication that makes these events show up so much recently or are we running rip shod through a part of the solar system that is tossing rocks at us?

I don't go in for the Nibiru stuff so skip those replies.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus

I don't go in for the Nibiru stuff so skip those replies.

I have never commented on anything Niburu, ever.

As for the answer to why these fireballs are showing up now, I
am still waiting, the experts have many different answers.

edit on 15-4-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Good catch - keep us posted S&F

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Be a bit frightening if you were in a plane and that appeared in front of you

I know the END OF THE WORLD date came and went, but we have seen a lot of space rocks lighting up our skies of late. Maybe in the days of the Mayans there was a BIG space rock that hit the earth. Maybe what were seeing now is the same cluster of space rocks, minus the big one?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
This isn't rare, just happens to be more cameras and vids around. I actually experienced one of these once (I've told this story once on ATS), I was in an open area in the woods and the entire sky lit up like it was daylight for at least two seconds. Where was I? My back turned to it, heeding natures' call. Sigh.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join