It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Sneaky Ways the Christian Right Foists Its Biblical Agenda on America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Shouldn't this be in rants, or conspiracies in religion? In any case, stuff and nonsense! It is MOST interesting that those issues you mention are all things the communists have pushed for, to subvert the nation. Every single point. So, twist it and claim that those in opposition are part of some "Christian Right" agenda? Clever move, there, on the part of whoever wrote that mess, but I see right through it.

There is actually a video about this topic, that is currently free to watch, though won't be forever. Not sure if rules allow posting the link or not, since there is some commercial interest for it as well. I am sure people can locate it, in any case. The Agenda isn't on the part of Christians.
edit on 16-4-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

3) What they want: No Equal Rights Amendment. While this battle to prevent the Constitution from being amended to give women equal rights, which the right won, was mostly fought in the late '70s and early '80s, Christian right-controlled legislatures occasionally take time to vote against it today.

i am no expert on the consitution - but why does it have to be ammended to grant females equal rights ???????????

i cannot find any gender specify demarcation in the US conitution , the bill of rights or subsequent ammendments

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

I want to remark on the extext that windword provided about Pat Robertson.

That man is insane, and windword is absolutely correct in posting those quotes from theocracywatch and rightwingwatch.

Anyone who thinks that equating the left to Demons At Work is acceptable has no business being in Congress - how does he keep getting re-elected? EDIT: Oh, thank God, he's NOT been elected. My mistake.

His statements make if very clear he'd rather bomb us all to smithereens than allow a smoothly running society that leaves God OUT OF THE LAWS.

edit on 16-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

That's the problem, ape....as long as it's NOT in there, women can be paid less and degraded, devalued and hushed. If it were in there, they couldn't do that.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by windword

I want to remark on the extext that windword provided about Pat Robertson.

That man is insane, and windword is absolutely correct in posting those quotes from theocracywatch and rightwingwatch.

Anyone who thinks that equating the left to Demons At Work is acceptable has no business being in Congress - how does he keep getting re-elected?

His statements make if very clear he'd rather bomb us all to smithereens than allow a smoothly running society that leaves God OUT OF THE LAWS.

What are you talking about? Pat Robertson isn't in congress.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
In any case, stuff and nonsense! It is MOST interesting that those issues you mention are all things the communists have pushed for, to subvert the nation.
edit on 16-4-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: (no reason given)

Yeah......... the evil communists. Let me guess, you grew up during the McCarthy era?

The article is not talking about all Christians. Mainly the Christian right conservatives. And if you live anywhere in the deep South where almost everyone is Methodist or southern Baptist you would see that it rings true. Even for people that do not follow politics.

Pat Robertson and all those guys have a smugness about them and don't mind pushing any kind of agenda like this on folks because in their eyes they are right and everyone else is wrong. They see the world as entirely black and white when its just not so.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Shouldn't this be in rants, or conspiracies in religion? In any case, stuff and nonsense! It is MOST interesting that those issues you mention are all things the communists have pushed for, to subvert the nation. Every single point. So, twist it and claim that those in opposition are part of some "Christian Right" agenda? Clever move, there, on the part of whoever wrote that mess, but I see right through it.

I don't think you 'see it' at all, Eyes. You must have been rushing and already being emotional and thinking how 'wrong' it was, without actually comprehending what was being said.

Those issues mentioned in the article are things that the Christian Coalition DOES want...
have another look at it again, please. Those in FAVOR of those things, every single one of them, are the "Christian Right", hard-line conservatives.

Some members have tried to separate the two, but when you have men like Pat Robertson calling for an Iwo Jima against a secular society and referring to those who want to keep things calm and open as Demons, there is a problem. You don't seem to see that the Christian Coalition are the ones who want these things - which means you are saying THEY are acting like "Communists" (to use your phraseology).

EDIT: NuT has kindly pointed out to me that Pat Robertson is not a Congressman (whew!). I constantly mix up his name with Pat Roberts. Please excuse my blip.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

He was, though, unless I'm totally confused again this morning.....wait--*quick Google*
OH WOW. You're right> MY BAD entirely.

I get him and Pat Roberts mixed up. Sorry sorry sorry. Okay, anyone in Congress who IS supporting these ideas and fighting against the secular middle ground should not be there.
I should have finished my tea before posting.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.
*slaps forehead* DOH!!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Yeah, these aren't sneaky; everyone knows about them.

Also,

7. American foreign policy in the Middle East is largely influenced by Evangelical Christians. These are people who believe that Israel is always innocent and is perpetually in danger of being vaporized by Muslims.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

He was, though, unless I'm totally confused again this morning.....wait--*quick Google*
OH WOW. You're right> MY BAD entirely.

I get him and Pat Roberts mixed up. Sorry sorry sorry. Okay, anyone in Congress who IS supporting these ideas and fighting against the secular middle ground should not be there.
I should have finished my tea before posting.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake.
*slaps forehead* DOH!!

No biggie. I was wondering if you meant Pat Buchannon and I missed something he said recently.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Wait. Pat Buchanan? Congress, right?
ugh. Is he someone you'd expect to say things like this?
(The name 'Pat' always makes me think of that androgynous character from SNL in the old days...
)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Just wanted to add a thought about defining the terms used.

The Christians you are posting about aren't really christian at all. Anything based on fear and an 'us vs. them' mentality seems rather unchristian, at least to the understanding of this heathen.

Theocracies are invariably self consuming and bad places for minorities to live. The erosion of the rather clear-cut idea of 'separation of church and state' has been an ongoing process perpetrated by usually well meaning, though ignorant, folks trying to fight the degradation of a previously strong and stable society.

The joke is that the previous strength and stability came from a spirit of unity despite divisions and public service for the sake of the community where one wasn't expected to get rich.

Feeding an us v them mentality doesn't help matters. Exposing these fellow citizens to the sound ideas behind this separation in our government (and while we're at it, mentioning how the buying of certain individuals has made our system horribly dysfunctional and out of balance) might create better results.

But that IS sorta boring... so screw those bible thumpin morons!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This message from Our Lord says time is short. Turn to God, God loved you first, He created you. Pray every day from now on, He hears you. Do not believe those who say you have no need of God. Prophecy tells us "soon" God is going to show the entire world, the fullness of His plan. You'll have to decide then so why not now? Give Him your "yes."

love,

colbe

+ + +

message to Pelianito

April 14, 2013

message to Pelianito
Revelation 1:3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of the prophecy, and blessed are those who hear and who keep what is written in in it; for the time is near.

“Beloved children, the Word of God is living and active, true in every age and for all time. Therefore, do not neglect to enter into the Word. The evil ones flee from the Word spoken aloud—it is painful to them, especially when it is spoken sincerely and reverently with the intention to praise God. The Word of God cuts like a two-edged sword. Children, you have need of every spiritual weapon in these perilous times. The evil one knows his time is short and he mounts every attack in his power."...

www.pelianitostblogs.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

colbe, dear....
would you like to comment on the article? This thread is about agendas driven by fundamentalists around political issues.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I want to be wrong about what I see happening....
but the fact is, I see the Right-Wing Conservative Christian hard-liners getting noisier and pushier, and the article pointed out some things that I think are worth looking at.

It is possible you see them getting noisier and pushier because you are looking for it. The more research you do into a specific issue, the more prevalent or the more of a major issue it seems to be, simply because of the time and resources you spend on it.
But, I think it is quite likely that you are seeing them getting noisier and pushier. My guess is that it is pushback against the liberal/secular agenda that they see manifesting itself around them. Remember, America has been historically a Christian nation. Up until the time of the War Between the States, if I remember correctly, certain states had an official religion. Today, many American Christians feel threatened by growing secularism, especially (I would guess) by the growing strength of the "gay rights movement."
Take stories like this one, for instance: linky! Christians are worried not only that homosexual marriage will become mainstream, but also that it will be forced down their throats. What you are probably seeing is a natural backlash based on a fear of "losing America's Christian culture," and a fear that the government will violate private property and privacy rights to satisfy a vocal minority (or majority.)
Now, we can debate all day about whether this is good or bad, but I think we should understand that American Christians believe, with at least some justification, that their way of life is being ripped away from them.
Personally, I think it is unfortunate that American Christians are so worried about "losing America's Christian culture" that they want to deal with it politically. I think that is a regrettable by-product of the American Christian mindset (at least for some people) and the historically comfortable existence that Christianity has had in America.
However, I think that the fears of government intrusion and expansion should be taken seriously. I don't think it is worth violating rights to bring about social change, and it sets an unfortunate precedent.
Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

colbe, dear....
would you like to comment on the article? This thread is about agendas driven by fundamentalists around political issues.

Your title alone reads anti-Christian. Why would you start such a thread, don't you care about your soul
wildhoney?

We will live forever, God wants you to choose for Him.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by StalkerSolent

Originally posted by StalkerSolent
Christians are worried not only that homosexual marriage will become mainstream, but also that it will be forced down their throats.

The only thing being forced down their throats is legal equality. The idea that they will have to live side-by-side with people who don't share their views. We all have to do that. The only way that homosexual marriage could be "forced" is to make them marry a homosexual. THAT would be force. Forcing them to share the planet with others who hold different views is something we all must do. It's part of living in an advanced society.

Now, we can debate all day about whether this is good or bad, but I think we should understand that American Christians believe, with at least some justification, that their way of life is being ripped away from them.

Prohibiting Christians from attending church - THAT would be ripping their way of life from them.
Making prayer against the law - THAT would be ripping their way of life from them.
Making churches illegal - THAT would be ripping their way of life from them.
Equal treatment under the secular laws does, IN NO WAY, rip their way of life from them. It doesn't affect their way of life in the least. They think they have the right to control others' behavior, and they simply don't. The fact that they believe they have the right to dictate morals is what is causing the problem. They don't. They can live according to their morals all they want, but they cannot and should not legally try to FORCE others to live according to their beliefs.

Let me be clear that I don't mean all Christians. I'm talking about the religious right, who feel they have a mission to save the world through force. They are not unlike the Muslims they hate so much.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

colbe, the thread title is the title of the article. I didn't compose it.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

colbe, the thread title is the title of the article. I didn't compose it.

Well, that is good, I just wished you wouldn't of posted the article, makes you appear very anti-Christian.

How have you been wildtimes?

Great things are prophesied about Pope Francis. Off topic I know, what do you think of the new Holy Father?

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Great things are prophesied about Pope Francis. Off topic I know, what do you think of the new Holy Father?

I think he's WONDERFUL!!

Feel free to read through my post history, colbe.

I am quite enthusiastic about what he stands for. I even have a thread about how I feel about him. Vatican seeks to rebrand its relationship with science

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join