It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Sneaky Ways the Christian Right Foists Its Biblical Agenda on America

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
reply to post by adjensen

Was it "sneaky" of the pro-same sex marriage people in Minnesota to take large sums of money from corporations to finance their political campaign that resulted in the failure of the "Marriage" amendment to the state constitution?

How do you know that the failure of that amendment was the sole result of the pro-same sex folks up there? Unless you have some kind of article/evidence it is nothing but speculation on your part.

Because I live here and watched the campaign, of course. The numbers changed from a fairly strong majority in favour of the amendment to it losing by a sizable margin, and that shift occurred simultaneous to millions of out-of-state dollars being spent on an advertising blitz.

That isn't the question, though -- Puzzle said that it was "sneaky" for conservative Christians to take money from corporations, I'm just asking if the liberal same sex marriage people doing the same thing was "sneaky", too.

Maybe they thought "if you can't beat em, join em."

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Was it "sneaky" of the pro-same sex marriage people in Minnesota to take large sums of money from corporations to finance their political campaign that resulted in the failure of the "Marriage" amendment to the state constitution?

I haven't read an article related to it, but I agree that all political lobbying is "sneaky", I would really like to see a separation of Religion, State and Corporation.

I looked up the Minnesota "Marriage" Amendment, and honestly it looked pretty dirty from both camps. Both sides raised millions in contributions, though the opposition raised more which could be why they won... it is hard to say for sure, there seem to be many factors, one of the foremost was the fact that it was theologically based.

All of the main drafters, supporters and main contributors were clearly religious from what I can see, and were pushing a theologically driven amendment. I'm actually glad it didn't pass, as it is a clear intrusion into politics of a specific Church.

Highlighting this are some of the arguments behind the amendment (there are a few), but here's one of the primaries that stood out to me in particular:

"...from the beginning of human history and in every culture, is the union of one man and one woman for the propagation of the human family and the upbringing of children."

This is a clear and absolute Christian view.

There have been many cultures throughout history where marriage is defined differently, from polygamy, multiple marriages, political marriages, child marriages, forced marriages, same-race marriages, same-sex marriages, etc.

Depending on your philosophy and theology, marriage has historically meant lots of things.

If this was passed, it would not only be oppressing homosexuals, it would be oppressing many other religions and cultural practices.

Regardless of which direction Jefferson intended Church and State to be separate, it is a delicate line to cross. As soon as theology is the reasoning behind legislature, the line has been crossed, and it won't be long before Government feels they can dabble in religion... this is a dangerous game the far religious right seems to be playing at.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by puzzlesphere

As soon as theology is the reasoning behind legislature, the line has been crossed, and it won't be long before Government feels they can dabble in religion... this is a dangerous game the far religious right seems to be playing at.

Yes, that. ^^^^^^^^^^^
Again, I appreciate your contribution.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by puzzlesphere
reply to post by colbe

Originally posted by colbe
...Here is my opinion, it is awful to attack CHRISTians.

Thank you for your opinion Colbe, I appreciate it. Your unique words give a much greater insight into how you think than some copied paragraphs from other authors books, though it does imply that Christians are more important to you than others.

My opinion is it is awful to attack any individual, regardless of religion, race, sexual orientation, age, etc. However, I don't have a problem with attacking "ideals" (like religion or political stances)... as I have yet to come across one that is actually ideal.

The OP article was highlighting that certain extremist elements of Christianity are pushing a political agenda in the guise of secularism, often using corrupt politics and sneaky tactics (like taking large sums of money from corporations for their political support), not attack all Christians directly.

The over arching theme that I get from the article is that Church and State are supposed to be separate, but this article is showing how the extreme right is trying to blur this distinction.

Cheers
edit on 18-4-2013 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

puzzlesphere,

Thank you for your positive words, I've been away and meaning to reply to your post.

Christians aren't more important to me, I worry about the disbelievers here, drives me nuts. What number was it, # 6 in the article, the actual protest of Christians rejecting abortion and Contraception. Abortion is the gravest evil! The most innocent are killed by their own mothers so they can continue to have sex. God made sex for marriage and procreation, both.

Contraception is an intrinsic evil too. God decides life not us. The "pill" is an abortifacient. The "pill" kills an newly conceived person with a body and eternal soul! Do you see the demographics for our country alone, there's hardly any next generation. Children are a blessing.

We are all sinners with our fallen nature. Please, from the heart, repent of and confess your mortal sins to God
now! How many times do I have to say it? Catholics, go to Confession. No one knows their last day. And important, if you have NEVER been baptized, tell God your desire to be baptized. He will hear your prayer and help you.. Baptism is the beginning, the first time, you actually have/receive God's presence in your soul.

Here is a recent short message from Heaven, notice the underlined about confessing your sins. The major
lie today is people reject the gravest sins -damning unless confessed- as even being a sin!

Serious, serious times....

"The fruit of contraception is legalized abortion, the fruit of abortion is nuclear war." Mother Teresa

+ + +

an excerpt:

www.jabezinaction.blogspot.com...

Many Will Know Martyrdom
Children of My Divine Heart,

... I Am the Alpha and the Omega. I Am. Hear Me. I desire to instruct you now. Open your hearts to Me. Surrender. Give Me permission to guide your every step. I have plans for you. I desire what is best for you, and all those you love. Trust in Me. My love for you is everlasting. Do not doubt Me. Many of you place your trust in men, and this is wrong. Break this habit. Trust only Me. Persevere in love. When you fail Me, when you fall to sin, get right back up, and seek to please Me. Confess your sins, and remain faith filled. I prepare you for great things. My chosen sons, and daughters will soon raise their voices in unisson. They will walk the Earth for My glory, and lead you back to Me. Many will know martyrdom. Call down My mercy, and grace on the world...

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Colby,

Would you like to see contraception outlawed, even for non-believing women of child bearing years? How about condoms? Should they be contraband?

edit on 21-4-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by colbe

Colby,

Would you like to see contraception outlawed, even for non-believing women of child bearing years? How about condoms? Should they be contraband?

edit on 21-4-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Hello windword,

It doesn't matter my opinion, PO doesn't get you to Heaven. People gotta keep shouting the truth. The world now, especially in the last fifty years believes sex is for everything BUT what God created sex for, marriage and procreation. Both!

What of the children God planned and were contracepted out of existence? We see the terrible fruit of contraception, the destruction of the family. cancer, legalization of abortion.

Most all of the people shouting for the right to kill the baby inside you didn't have a mother who believed in abortion.

These times, examine your life, confess to God all sexual sins, all mortal sins, get right with God. Mercy is Our Lord's greatest attribute. Do it.

blessings to you windword,

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I may sound like a broken record constantly reminding about regular Confession of your mortal (serious) sins.
You have to die with God's presence in your soul. Mortal sin removes God's presence. Having God's presence in your soul, also known as being in the "state of grace." No one knows their last day. I posted today in this thread and after, I read the latest messages from Jesus given a Chosen Child in Chicago.

Read the underlined....

Yahoo Groups - Seers 2

Message # 4007

April 16, 2013 (9:31am)
Tell My beloved children that the events of yesterday in your country have been orchestrated by members behind the scenes who control many terror attacks around the world. By now most of you are thinking this is crazy for the Lord to be making an outrageous statement like this, but unfortunately you have to be made aware of how these people think. They will stop at nothing to keep their power including killing and maiming their own citizens. My dear children, this is why you are being told to stay in the State of Grace and get to Confession if you have serious sins to confess. You never know when your life will be asked of you. You will never get the real truth from this Administration about who perpetrated this horrific crime. My dear ones, these are some of the things that these terrorists will try again. You are being warned to stay out of downtown areas of large cities whenever possible. Always be wary of people around you so you can be prepared to protect yourselves at all times. Remember, My children, these things won't last a long time and also know that God is in control. You are safe when you stay in prayer. My dear children, I know it is hard for you to believe these words, but they are the truth. You will be given the right facts when you stay in prayer and turn to the Lord. ...

I love you, Jesus.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
I may sound like a broken record constantly reminding about regular Confession of your mortal (serious) sins.
You have to die with God's presence in your soul. Mortal sin removes God's presence. Having God's presence in your soul, also known as being in the "state of grace." No one knows their last day. I posted today in this thread and after, I read the latest messages from Jesus given a Chosen Child in Chicago.

Read the underlined....

Yahoo Groups - Seers 2

Message # 4007

April 16, 2013 (9:31am)
Tell My beloved children that the events of yesterday in your country have been orchestrated by members behind the scenes who control many terror attacks around the world. By now most of you are thinking this is crazy for the Lord to be making an outrageous statement like this, but unfortunately you have to be made aware of how these people think. They will stop at nothing to keep their power including killing and maiming their own citizens. My dear children, this is why you are being told to stay in the State of Grace and get to Confession if you have serious sins to confess. You never know when your life will be asked of you. You will never get the real truth from this Administration about who perpetrated this horrific crime. My dear ones, these are some of the things that these terrorists will try again. You are being warned to stay out of downtown areas of large cities whenever possible. Always be wary of people around you so you can be prepared to protect yourselves at all times. Remember, My children, these things won't last a long time and also know that God is in control. You are safe when you stay in prayer. My dear children, I know it is hard for you to believe these words, but they are the truth. You will be given the right facts when you stay in prayer and turn to the Lord. ...

I love you, Jesus.

Sorry, I left off one number. Join Yahoo Groups - Seers 2, to read the daily Catholic messages from Heaven
and a few non-Catholic Christian messages are included.

It was message # 40067.

A direct link for most of the same prophetic, check www.catholicbinder.com...

God bless,

colbe

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

It doesn't matter my opinion, PO doesn't get you to Heaven.

So you agree that religious doctrines have no place in the enactment of legislation?

I'm not worried about what is going to happen after I die. I am concerned about matters that have to do with the living, ways of life and freedom to pursue life the ways each of sees fit.

What does "PO" mean?

What of the children God planned and were contracepted out of existence?

I don't believe in your God, Colbe. My God doesn't have plans that are foiled by such things as contraception. My God isn't concerned with things that never were or were never meant to be.

In nature, bazillions of "babies" are born who's existences are fleeting, as their lives become food for birds, lizards and all of god's creation. The purpose of their entire existence was to be eaten.

Is it also wrong to interfere with your God's plans by introducing vaccines, drugs and surgeries that correct natural maladies, or to use pesticides that kill our food competitors, etc., that your God created?

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hello. people!

I just spent the last two days in a conference on morality in a secular world.
It was nonstop sessions of people discussing their stories, and their efforts to end the "sneaky" things that the Right Wing Christians are trying to do. I learned SO MUCH, and came home with a whole new set of sources, materials, stories, and perspectives, and over the next few weeks I am going to share it all here.

The "sneakiness" is far, far more sinister than the obvious things in the article in this OP.

In fact, the things going on "under the radar" are every bit as dark and 'insidious' as ANY so-called Illuminati shadow government. They really ARE trying, hard, in every arena of our culture in America, to force it into a theocracy of super-conservative Evangelical Christianity....and you will be horrified to hear the things I learned about.

I am exhausted today, from two solid days of paying very close attention, and to discussing the issues with my mom in between the sessions, and before and after the sessions.

Be advised: I will NOT STOP standing up against these indoctrination techniques, and I WILL continue to expose them, and the people behind them. I have networked with three of the speakers now -

one WAS a mega-church Evangelical, saw through it, and is now reaching out to educate those who were once his 'fellow members' toward a loving, tolerant point of view, and to STOP THE RELIGIOUS WAR against Science and Culture. He discussed how to address those more ugly and loud "you will go to hell!" types....and he is still a Christian, but has refocused on the actual MESSAGE of Jesus. I brought home his booklet.

the second is a man who has written a book called "The God Virus", which was the result of years of interviews with people damaged and caught in the "guilt cycle" of Punitive-God Belief, research, and theory - all built around his D.Ed. degree. He is a psychologist. I brought home his book, as well. My thread Religious Trauma Syndrome was along those lines.

the third is a man who was once a Baptist, then became a Christian Radio host. He's also a video producer, and now he has left the church altogether and is exposing the damage done by Punitive-God Thinking as well. He runs The Thinking Atheist website, an outreach vehicle with video, audio, links, resources and a forum, as well as a radio show/podcast. He showed -- among MANY other slides, clips, and exposures of how those mega-churches are trying, in ALL venues to indoctrinate EVERYONE'S CHILDREN (it will horrify you, trust me) -- a clip of "Jesus Camp", stopped it, and said, with the poor little girl speaking in tongues and catatonically beseeching Jesus in the stance of crucifixion --slowly, emphatically, pointing at the image:

THIS IS CHILD ABUSE. He got a standing ovation. He also stated that due to the documentary on that crowd, they were SHUT DOWN in 2006. YAY!!!!! WOOT!!!

Other sessions included a delineation of the Seven-Mountain Dominionists,(or New Apostolic Reformation; NAR) an under-the-radar network of loosely affiliated Far-Right-Wing would-be theocrats, including several politicians (Sarah Palin and Rick Perry and Sam Brownback all singled out), pundits, and pastors/preachers and missionaries. This crowd in infiltrating seven areas of our culture with their Punitive-God Thinking and WANT THE USA to be a Christian Conservative Theocracy. They are also going abroad doing missionary work, including the things we've discussed in this forum about that group....

The Seven TARGET AREAS - the "Mountains" that they intend to DOMINATE are:
Business
Government
Education
Media
Art and Entertainment
Religion
and finally, FAMILY.

It will shock you. MAKE NO MISTAKE, they are everywhere, all over the country, working together using 'code words' and 'strategies' that the speaker taught us how to recognize - they are the equivalent of organized PSYOPS... It will blow your minds..... They are specifically the people that this thread is talking about.

I'm going to stop here, but there were several other sessions that we attended, all of which shone a light from a different angle on the dangerous dogmatic things happening in this country.

WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED. For now, it is a loosely organized and rather informal "network" of people like myself, many of whom have far more widespread online presences. I stated to them that "I want to network, and I want to help this cause." They were all too happy to let me know how to get started....and very enthusiastic to meet me and hear about my efforts on this tiny corner of the web.

Talk to you all later - I need to take care of some homeowner stuff for now... meanwhile be strong, and speak out, folks. We do NOT WANT an Apostolic Evangelical Theocracy. We must fight this.

It IS a conspiracy, and a very dangerous, threatening, and scary one, on par with Sharia Law and the Islamist Extremists. Every bit as dangerous, and MUCH, MUCH bigger.

edit on 22-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

WOW! What an exciting experience. I can't wait to hear more about it. If they set up a conference in Southern California I'm there!

I'll set up my craft booth! HAHA. I sell "Fairy" items, fairy skirts, wings, hair gear, and
MAGIC WANDS! At one show I did, a group of woman tried to get me shut down and kicked out for practicing "satanic witchcraft" and encouraging children to participate in my evil agenda! LOL

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

It was incredibly informational, and it was SO NICE to meet people in person and to find out that there are others actively fighting these agendae, windword....

sometimes it feels very much like we are only a few, but we aren't, and I look forward to sharing what I learned with you! I thought of many ATSers while I was there - including you, Klass, logical7, Cancerwarrior, and all the members who have shared their stories with us here. We may be few and scattered for now, but this push-back is growing, and becoming more organized....I will hook you in to the resources and information.

Today, I'm quite exhausted and need to let it churn around in my mind awhile before launching, though....this video was produced by one of the men I spoke with. It's nearly 3 years old, but I hadn't seen it before. Watch and weep.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Windword, Nate Phelps was one of the speakers, the "main event" of the second day - immediately following a debate between two Christian theologists (father and son) and two Atheists about whether 'God' is what gives us morality.

The house was FULL! Standing room only. A lot of Christians showed up for this debate - and based on the applause and reactions from the audience, the "Atheist" perspective of morality and the fact that God 'does nothing to show himself' won, hands down!!

Nate's speech was almost as much attended, although MOST of the Christians (if not all) left before he got started. Nate lives in Southern California now - I bet he DOES speak around there too, and I urge you to go see him whenever he is going to speak. Very profound stuff - exposing the WBC as a torture chamber and psyops family -
Nate left at midnight on his 18th birthday, and never went back.

The way he described his upbringing it sounded like Gitmo, and it's a wonder that he survived it and escaped. He's a hero; soft-spoken, humble, still struggling with PTSD, but he's also now a parent of teens, and it was very moving listening to him talk about how becoming a dad made his gut-instincts even more pronounced. He got a resounding standing ovation. WOW is right!

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

It doesn't matter my opinion, PO doesn't get you to Heaven.

So you agree that religious doctrines have no place in the enactment of legislation?

I'm not worried about what is going to happen after I die. I am concerned about matters that have to do with the living, ways of life and freedom to pursue life the ways each of sees fit.

What does "PO" mean?

What of the children God planned and were contracepted out of existence?

I don't believe in your God, Colbe. My God doesn't have plans that are foiled by such things as contraception. My God isn't concerned with things that never were or were never meant to be.

In nature, bazillions of "babies" are born who's existences are fleeting, as their lives become food for birds, lizards and all of god's creation. The purpose of their entire existence was to be eaten.

Is it also wrong to interfere with your God's plans by introducing vaccines, drugs and surgeries that correct natural maladies, or to use pesticides that kill our food competitors, etc., that your God created?

"My God" = your personal opinion windword.

The true God, there is only one has revealed killing a child in it's mother's womb is an intrinsic evil.
The true God, there is only one has revealed using contraception is an intrinsic evil.

You do not believe so no need to discuss any longer.

Your mother didn't abort you, aren't you lucky.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

It was incredibly informational, and it was SO NICE to meet people in person and to find out that there are others actively fighting these agendae, windword....

sometimes it feels very much like we are only a few, but we aren't, and I look forward to sharing what I learned with you! I thought of many ATSers while I was there - including you, Klass, logical7, Cancerwarrior, and all the members who have shared their stories with us here. We may be few and scattered for now, but this push-back is growing, and becoming more organized....I will hook you in to the resources and information.

Today, I'm quite exhausted and need to let it churn around in my mind awhile before launching, though....this video was produced by one of the men I spoke with. It's nearly 3 years old, but I hadn't seen it before. Watch and weep.

Look where you can find this video. How scary.

www.thethinkingatheist.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The fact that the guy is an atheist is ENTIRELY beside the point, colbe. I am NOT an atheist, and I STILL agree with the premise of this video.

Putting fear like that into a little child's head is abusive, twisted, and wrong.
How can you look at that baby's eyes and accept what the loving female voice is saying to him? Did you even watch it?

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The true God, there is only one has revealed killing a child in it's mother's womb is an intrinsic evil.

Colbe,
Is your "true God" the same one from the Old Testament? That God orders the killing of children in the womb on several occasion.

"Happy shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!" (Psalms 137:9)

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, (Numbers 31:15)

That means pregnant women!

The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open. (Hosea 13:16)

The true God, there is only one has revealed using contraception is an intrinsic evil.

Jesus would disagree with you.

The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born. (Matthew 26:24

And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! (Matthew 24:19)

I think you're making up your "true God" as you go along and as you see fit.

edit on 23-4-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Colbe,
Is your "true God" the same one from the Old Testament? That God orders the killing of children in the womb on several occasion.

"Happy shall he be who takes your little ones and dashes them against the rock!" (Psalms 137:9)

17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, (Numbers 31:15)

That means pregnant women!

The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God. They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open. (Hosea 13:16)

Jesus would disagree with you.

The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born. (Matthew 26:24

And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! (Matthew 24:19)

I think you're making up your "true God" as you go along and as you see fit.

edit on 23-4-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

Hi, I am not going to come back to your post here. I don't have time to reply to your divided comments.

You get to talk more and my words are taken out of context. Please, windword, keep a person's post together
and comment underneath. Use underlining if you wish. Another suggestion to help, post one of my sentences and comment in reply, just one.

I love you though....

colbe

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by colbe

The fact that the guy is an atheist is ENTIRELY beside the point, colbe. I am NOT an atheist, and I STILL agree with the premise of this video.

Putting fear like that into a little child's head is abusive, twisted, and wrong.
How can you look at that baby's eyes and accept what the loving female voice is saying to him? Did you even watch it?

Sadly, I did. your video is evil wildtimes, it mocks Christianity totally. Using God's beautiful creation, an innocent baby to mock His plan. Shame on you, it is vile.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Shame goes to you, if you believe it is correct to teach this to a baby! And shame on your parents or whoever put these vile, evil thoughts in YOUR mind!

Shameful.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join