This is the article
and link to
the title of the OP, and it's the last post I will be making today.
I will highlight the 'six points', and then leave readers to investigate it further.
It delineates how the Christian Right is subverting the nation with their hatred and bigotry.
Since the beginning, the Christian right has been aware that the First Amendment makes it impossible for them to use “God said so” to justify
legislation. They’ve spent decades grafting secular reasons onto what are fundamentally attempts to foist their views on the rest of the country,
often going out of their way to conceal the religious origins of their policy ideas. In response, I created this list of what the religious right
wants; what nonsense secular reason they give for wanting it; and the actual, true reason, usually down to chapter and verse.
Each point extexted
below has an additional two explanations following it.
First, 'the secular reasons they give', and then
'The unconstitutional, actual religious reasons'.
I find it highly relevant to what is going on in this country. (I almost put 'God-forsaken' there, but, since I'm very opinionated about this, I
decided against it. Well, I guess I just did it anyway. But, oh well. It is what it is.)
I urge everyone to read the article. It will only take you a few minutes, and will help with perspective on this insidious agenda.
1) What they want: A rollback on environmental protections. This is but one of many ways the religious right has merged its interests with that of
2) What they want: For the government to take money from the public school system and give it to private schools in the form of vouchers.
They’ve had remarkable success at this by hijacking the larger, secular debate over education.
3) What they want: No Equal Rights Amendment. While this battle to prevent the Constitution from being amended to give women equal rights, which
the right won, was mostly fought in the late '70s and early '80s, Christian right-controlled legislatures occasionally take time to vote against it
4) What they want: A ban on gay marriage. Often cast as "protecting" traditional marriage.
5) What they want: To end the teaching of evolution in schools. This battle has been going on since at least the 1920s, and every time it comes
around, the religious right gets a little better at hiding its religious motivations behind secularist claims.
6) What they want: To restrict access to abortion and contraception. Everyone knows the religious right has it out for abortion rights, but
recently attacks on contraception access have also been increasing.
People need to be aware of what is going on.
Every single one of the discussion points in the article talks about how they 'couch' it in secular terms, and then what is the actual
unconstitutional 'agenda' behind it.
I hope some of you will respond with your thoughts, rebuttals, opinions, etc.
My opinion? Scary stuff indeed.
edit on 15-4-2013 by wildtimes because: yeah, I posted another couple of posts after this....but oh well, again.