It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silver And Gold Down Down Down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Silver And Gold Down Down Down

www.kitco.com

Silver and Gold taking a huge hit today. Not sure of the cause havent looked into the situation enough, but as you can see down to 23 for silver. I remember when It was almost 50. Anyways I also remember someone talking about this happening soon. Anyone know what posting that was?
(visit the link for the full news article)

gold down to 1370 thats a loss of 200 in the matter of 3 days. Thats insane!
edit on 15-4-2013 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/15/2013 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is crazy. Of course solid metals seem to be ok in my opinion. These prices I feel reflect paper silver and gold and not the real stuff. Anyone that buys these metals know to get the real stuff. Anyways just wanted to give the heads up to all on ATS. THought this was pretty huge. So what do the rest of you think? Is it a time to buy or is it a time to sell before it gets worse.

www.kitco.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Buy Buy Buy

Buy Buy History is on the side of precious metals in the long run. I hear aliens like Gold too. So, buy and hang on to it. It just may come in handy down the road

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is likely a manipulation of the market due to the demand
for physical gold and silver....a slight of hand to attack paper
gold and silver, unless you have it in your hands it is fiat.

More to back this up here:

The reports of massive drainage of Gold and Silver inventories are
pouring in from around the world.
investmentwatch.com

edit on 15-4-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
This is likely a manipulation of the market due to the demand
for physical gold and silver...

It is a reation to two things. China's economy slowed so people know they will have less to spend on buying gold as they have been. And second concern that EU or other banks will sell some gold to cover some debts. It is just a matter of analyst seeing less demand and more supply coming and then everyone else selling to catch up.

link   
reply to post by thegoods724

The elite sold while high, now it is low they will buy from the people losing money and the circle of riches for the rich continue!!

link   
So is this a good time to buy?

OR wait a little longer?
edit on 15-4-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I've heard that too. "Price Fixing", regardless of the demand will influence certain trends. But this appears to be a downward trend across the board for all metals. That can be explained (some would say) by the rise in the stock market. When stocks are up people tend to revert some of their metals to trading in paper (instead of holding actual assets). And the stock market is surely "up" for now.

Some others would say the rise in stocks is the precursor to a collapse (historically speaking) and that is why you should retain your metals, regardless. Little fluctuations mean nothing in the long run. Besides you are diversified, riiight?

How long before something else kicks out the bottom of the "house of cards" debt-conomy?

Especially silver. It is the most used metal in electronics. With nations like China, India and Russia needing more and more of it down the road, the price can only go up certainly, eventually.

So... wait for the bottom and then buy a little more.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
So is this a good time to buy?

OR wait a little longer?
edit on 15-4-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

The drop will stop and people will buy again. The timing is harder to guess. Oil is also dropping. The drop is all based on speculation of Europe selling and Chinese buying slowing down. Of course any market that hot is have drops but. long term if you buy now you will come out on top.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Oh, yes I agree...what a coincidence that the market, despite the
other numbers it is usually tied to which are down, is at an all time high.

They are also hoping, that in addition to scaring investment away from metals,
peope will turn to the market now, so they can crash it once again,
and loot another large portion from the unsuspecting....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Feds Orchestrating Smash In Gold As Supply Of Physical Gold Declines

This is an orchestration (the smash in gold). It’s been going on now from the beginning of April. Brokerage houses told their individual clients the word was out that hedge funds and institutional investors were going to be dumping gold and that they should get out in advance.

The exchange value of the dollar is (being) threatened, and if that collapses the Fed loses control over interest rates. Then the bond market blows up, the stock market blows up, and the banks that are too big to fail, fail. So it’s an act of desperation because they’ve got to establish in people’s minds that the dollar is the only safe place, it is the only safe haven, not gold, not silver, and not other currencies.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

They are also hoping, that in addition to scaring investment away from metals,
peope will turn to the market now, so they can crash it once again,
and loot another large portion from the unsuspecting....

God, I sure hope not. Thats about as scary as it can get. So, what'll it be this time? Another aggressive war campaign, "terror" incident, or big bailout? Any others?

And you are right... when we sell back our metal... its to them. So in the end, they wind up with it all. And if not, they'll pass laws to make it illegal too like they did after the "crash of '29".

Gold confiscation after 1929

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

Are you referring to my post "Warning: The coming Gold and Silver Washout is likely Imminent?" The "washout" has become a "meltdown" as we approach my likely targets as well....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

So, what'll it be this time? Another aggressive war campaign, "terror" incident, or big bailout? Any others?

A few things come to mind, though you never know what the
trigger will be, they are pretty creative.

As for what will ensue, its already happening...
in the new package Obama is authoring right now,
they are targeting any dollar amount over 3 million ...

In the end, it is going to come to confiscation of wealth that they deem to be
more than you "need"....

In other words big "haircuts" as they did in Cyprus, a term the media coined....
a nice way to report it without calling it theft by the bankers.

ETA:

President Barack Obama's budget proposal, which would end tax deferral of contributions to
individual retirement accounts when they accumulated $3.4 million in assets, sounds reasonable
on the surface, but it raises many concerns.www.investmentnews.com...#

edit on 15-4-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by cybro

People are buying it on sale and dealers are reluctant to sell it at a loss from what it was a few days ago so Premiums naturally will rise (physical over spot) in a situation like this (as it did in 2008 but we probably wont go that high in premium and certainly not that low in price).

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

WTF!!! You mean like a wealth tax (or estate tax while still alive LOL)?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

It is time to cover shorts (speculation or hedges) but I would hold off til the next low (likely to bounce first so you could nibble at some scale in longs) to go long (physical or futures).

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Many people will get a heart attack.

The ones who wanted to get rich in one night.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

This is nothing like the crash in Bitcoin where it dropped over 60% in one day!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Watch The Metals

DH: How soon do you see things taking place?

RB: They already are in motion. If you’re looking for a date I can’t tell you. Remember, the objectives are the same, but plans, well, they adapt. They exploit. Watch how this fiscal cliff thing plays out. This is the run-up to the next big economic event.

I can’t give you a date. I can tell you to watch things this spring. Start with the inauguration and go from there. Watch the metals, when they dip. It will be a good indication that things are about to happen. I got that little tidbit from my friend at [REDACTED].

top topics

<<   2 >>

join