It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osteopenia at age of 20 :( How it is possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Last week I went together with my aunt on free medical examination (density of bones).

Result is: -2,39 almost Osteoporosis

Have you ever met person at age of 20 having these disease?

Maybe you can tell something more from your own experience?

Please, leave comments...

edit on 15-4-2013 by AnnieWolf19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
At this day and age, any disease is possible for anybody at any age. There are many environmental factors, deficiencies, or underlying natural causes of diseases.

Don't feel like you're alone or singled out, because there are thousands of men and women at varying ages with Osteopenia or perosis. Just eat and drink right, be positive and exercise daily.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There are a number of causes of osteopenia. Everything from poor/improper diet to endocrine disorders.

Do you have celiac disease? If you do have the condition, avoiding gluten can help improve bone mineral density.

There are so many vairables, you should really schedule a visit with your physician and discuss this with him/her. Perhaps even repeat the scan for confirmation. There are many treatment options in addition to just pharmaceuticals.

edit on 15-4-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My husband was diagnosed at age 56 with severe osteoporosis, after 2 years of shots, daily and numerous various test the doctor discovered he has celiac desease which is. A bad gluten allergy, he cant eat any grains like wheat. It has been discovered that gluten allergy causes osteoporosis. Its a simple bloid test, ask doc to check it. If this is your cause you are young enpugh for your bones to heal. My husband found out to late. Gluten allergy can ide dormant most your life then suddenly ypur nones ate crumbling before you find out. Good luck best wishes in your health.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AnnieWolf19

I am a tech who does Bone Densitometry. Osteoporosis or Osteopenia in a 20 year old can be a result of poor nutrition, specifically low dietary intake of calcium from dairy products or a high consumption of caffeine via coffee or soda, an eating disorder, malabsorption of nutrients in the bowels, long time heavy cortical-steroid use, abnormally low body weight, sedentary life-style combined with any of the above.
You should discuss the results with your doctor and perhaps have a repeat study done just to confirm the figures. Not all Bone Densitometry machines carry the software necessary to perform scans on young patients such as yourself so be sure that you have your next scan done at a site that can analyze data for a 20 year old. Also, be sure they are checking your lower back, or Lumbar Spine, and left hip. Those are the two most reliable sites to check. A low BMD reading means you are at high risk for bone fractures.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR ADVICES AND OPINIONS....I will write soon what kind of treatment the doctor will recommend me

edit on 16-4-2013 by AnnieWolf19 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

How much dairy do you consume? Calcium from dairy is not a good source of calcium and makes bones weaker. If possible quit eating dairy. Eat lots of green leafy vegetables and take some calcium supplements using calcium citrate. Do light to medium weights as they increase bone density. Reduce caffeine and salt make sure you get enough protein.

Read this-
www.vegansociety.com...
www.encognitive.com...

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by an0nThinker

How much dairy do you consume? Calcium from dairy is not a good source of calcium and makes bones weaker. If possible quit eating dairy. Eat lots of green leafy vegetables and take some calcium supplements using calcium citrate. Do light to medium weights as they increase bone density. Reduce caffeine and salt make sure you get enough protein.

Read this-
www.vegansociety.com...
www.encognitive.com...

This is sooo true. The dairy industry has done an excellent job of promoting the high calcium properties of dairy. What they leave out is how much protein interferes with calcium absorption. To improve calcium absorption, consume calcium-rich foods like leafy greens or some nuts like almonds along with a food rich in vitamin C, which improves calcium absorption. I'm getting into coconut water for workout recovery and learned it's one of the most vitamin C-dense foods we know of so far. To begin reversing porous bones, do weight-bearing excercises like squats and push-ups (cardio won't help with this).

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

saveourbones.com...

Now, I have to admit the source might not be exactly neutral however I can attest to have hurt my self in ways that would shatter most peoples bones. I have never broken a bone and neither was I ever a big milk drinker (except when my mom would force it down my throat).
edit on 8-5-2013 by an0nThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I've got severe osteoporosis in my mid to late forties. It doesn't help to smoke or eat badly. My doctor said I have the bones of an 85 year old man. He said, "don't fall."

Exercise is key is restoring bone density. I refuse to take the drugs that claim bone density restoration. They cause more problems.

I've had periods when I improved somewhat, but I think some of us are genetically predisposed.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Actually, I went to the second doctor, who scanned my whole body using a big machine (not only my left arm as it was at the first time) and he said that results are even 2 % better than NORMAL.

I AM STILL UNSURE, WHO DOCTOR SAID THE TRUTH.

Well, I guess, I have to go on some more medical examinations and pay for deeper examinations of my blood to be certain what is going on...
edit on 9-5-2013 by AnnieWolf19 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join