It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Explosions at Boston Marathon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Two Explosions at Boston Marathon

www.huffingtonpost.com

BOSTON — Authorities are investigating a report of two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.
There were two booms heard from near the finish line inside the Fairmount Copley Plaza Hotel.

Race officials locked down the hotel because of the report.

The sound of two booms, which sounded like thunder, had come a short time earlier.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theatlanticwire.com
www.cbc.ca

link   
This just showed up on my feed that explosions were heard at the Boston Marathon a couple minutes ago. It looks like it happened at the finish line and police have locked down the hotel nearby. There are pictures that have popped on twitter and several news outlets are beginning to break the story.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

link   
You couldn't add it to the other thread?

Your a bit late to the party there.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

If there is already another thread mods can close this one. I did a quick search and reported it.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I did a quick search too and found nothing! So I started a thread. But it was closed almost immediately and I was linked here.

So as I stated in that short lived post.. Is this a carefully engineered distraction of the drop in gold prices today? Or just some lone nut bomber aptly planning a bombing at the finish line of a sporting event located in one of our most famous cities and on Patriots Day no less?

Hope everyone's alright

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

CNN just posted a few minutes ago. No reports on damage, injuries, deaths, or cause. Still waiting.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
There's about 5 threads on it

Its on CNN now

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by YayMayorBee

If there is already another thread mods can close this one. I did a quick search and reported it.

According to the post time stamp you were the first to make a thread on this topic.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by YayMayorBee

Live link to Fox news Boston
live link to Fox Boston

edit on 15-4-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

link   
Fox news had live unedited coverage of the happenings and there was a man on explaining to another bystander that people were ripped apart from the explosion and at least three people are dead.

Not known at this time what happened, or they aren't saying yet.

link   
FOX is saying there are deaths and CNN said more devices elsewhere...this is crazy.

link   
Is there any reports on what caused the explosions? Seem ominous though...

I hope not too many are injured but one of those pics, it didn't look too pretty.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hit the heathly people?

conspiracy or what....

this is bad

link   
Just saw this breaking on RT.

Eyewitnesses say smoke filled the streets of the city after a first explosion, and seconds later another loud boom was heard.

“I saw two explosions. The first one was beyond the finish line. I heard a loud bang and I saw smoke rising,” Boston Herald reporter Chris Cassidy says from the scene. “I kept running and I heard behind me a loud bang. It looked like it was in a trash can or something.”

“There are people who have been hit with debris, people with bloody foreheads,” he says.

RT

link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

I also hope everyone is ok. I'm hearing that there are at least 6 injured, but no deaths. What is happening? Young girls are getting raped, children are getting shot, bombs going off at the Boston Marathon. How completely does society need to fall apart before something changes? I'm personally getting sick of it. I've lost faith in the justice system. I don't really want to be this guy, but screw the world. I say, it's time we took matters into our own hands. The government has proven time and time again that they cannot protect us, that they simply do not care about us.

I say drop the nukes. We're just going to kill ourselves off anyway, might as well get it over with...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Watching on local news, they have footage of two different explosions no reports of deaths but some severe injuries. MBTA (public trans.) is shut down in the area, the whole area for blocks have been cordoned off... immediately local hotels are being evacuated. The Mass ave bridge is closed off and the marathon haas been suspended.
edit on 15-4-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Here is an overhead google map view of the cross streets given by the article. Can anyone tell what building shows the explosion?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is the first thread, and the only that survived the big X

You should calm down a bit b4 spouting off.

Looks to be a lot of blood on the ground, reminds me of Kosovo.

Hope everyone involved ends up being OK.

This is death penalty activity. They will be caught.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

Hold up just a second there buddy....

Lets find out what happened before we set the world on fire.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join